Paleoquiche recipe

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Recipe for 14-16 servings, but you can scale down depending on your needs, or refrigerate leftovers.

- First, render 6-8lbs of leaf lard. Take the cracklings out (about 6-8 cups worth) and set to the side. (And of course, put the rendered lard aside for making fat bombs, canning, or whatever.)

- Next, cube 6-8lbs of ham into nice bite-sized chunks.

- Then, in a separate bowl, crack and mix a dozen or so eggs. Mix in a couple of teaspoons of salt (only if ham isn't too salty otherwise you won't need any). Also mix in two or three to four teaspoons of garlic powder/onion powder and/or Italian seasonings (only if it doesn't contain anything inflammatory).

- Then take a large pan you can bake in, coat the inside with bacon grease or rendered lard, and then mix in the egg mixture, the cubed ham, and the cracklings. Mix it all well. Top the mixture with a few tablespoons of dried minced onion.

- Place the pan (uncovered) into a pre-heated stove (400). Leave the temperature at 400 and let it bake for about 65 minutes.

- When done top the servings with chopped fresh green onion as a garnish and enjoy!

Note: this Paleoquiche recipe can instantly become a Ketoquiche recipe if the amount of cracklings and the fat of the ham is roughly equal in weight to the protein contained in the ham. A great way to get fat in your diet.

Warning: This dish is extremely delicious and filling. Since you may be tempted to eat more than one serving, and if you are not yet used to meals with high fat content, you may wish to have a moderately-sized portion at first. ;)

Great ! I'm found of quiche and didn't think about that... I'm going to taste that ! Thanks you Ennio :)

Sounds great! Cracklings alone are quite rich, but delicious. I actually ordered some un-rendered lard yesterday just because I was craving some cracklings. Once source said that they are 50% fat and 30% protein by weight, pretty much perfect!

Oh, good recipe, thanks Ennio! Yesterday i got cracklings from leaf lard when did my first fat bomb and now you tell how to use it properly!
Soon i'll test it!

Sounds great. Thanks for the recipe, Ennio.

For those who eat some veggies here and there (and don't have issues with the ingredients), once in a while I have zucchini quiche.

Just grate zucchini (so you get thin round slices or you can also do it so you get course, shredded pieces). If you want to get a more crispy end product it may help to have the grated zucchini generously salted and set aside for half hour. This will have water drawn out; just dump the water and then mix ingredients and cook. Scramble a few eggs, add any seasoning/spices, pour eggs on the zucchini in a well-buttered baking container (such as "Pyrex" glass or whatever you have); add lots of butter all over and bake in the oven at medium high heat for about 45 minutes. You can experiment with the proportions to your liking or wing it (e.g. start with 3 medium zucchinis and 4 eggs). Can also play around with the heat and time to get a bit crispier on top or softer quiche, etc. Alternatively you can cook it in a well buttered frying pan (covered) at medium to medium high heat.

You can also add a bit of finely chopped onions/garlic. Sometimes I add chopped bacon or ham to the quiche, and I don't see why cracklings can't be add (though I haven't tried that yet, but got the idea from Ennio's recipe).

SeekinTruth said:
For those who eat some veggies here and there (and don't have issues with the ingredients), once in a while I have zucchini quiche.

Sounds yummy, ST. Though I am hesitant these days to eat veggies (too much and I get inflamed!) I imagine that adding some zucchini or other veggies in moderation, to a dish like PK, can spice things up some.

Just a note that full credit goes to Chu for the recipe! She came up with it in need of something to do with the cracklings she'd made and this was it. To my delight, I was able to replicate it. Anyway, we need to continue to be creative about ways to get in more fat. :bacon:

Back
Top Bottom