Perception of time <> Emotions

J

Jsf

Last year I began to consider this idea : our perception of time is linked to our emotionnal activity.
So I thought : if there is an intense density of emotionnal activities in our body / psyche, our perception of time is altered.
More intense is the activity, more altered is our perception of time.
(roughly speaking)
But, also, the alterations of the perception of time could be not caused by emotionnal activity, but by state of consciousness. Because state of consciousness is sometimes linked to emotionnal activity.
Maybe a triangle (with equal retroactions) : Perception of time // Consciousness level // Emotionnal activity ?
(low level of consciousness : high level of altered perception of time which goes fast or slow (getting in), high level of consciousness : perception of the "illusion" of perception of time (getting out))
But is there REALLY a link with emotionnal activity ?

Now, one year later, I still havn't solve this problem. This causes an aberration in my conceptual system and in the real life application of this conceptual system. Help needed here please.

Well considering the core of 'the work' is work on one's emotional center i would say there is a link. I would take it a step futher and also say dwelling on it is a mute point unless one can do the work.

Considering time doesn't exist, one can percieve it anyway one wishes, however it doesn't mean or accomplish much anything in and of itself.

"Considering time doesn't exist"
Time exists ! (?) But not as we understand, percieve and "feel" it (?).

"however it doesn't mean or accomplish much anything in and of itself."
But our perception of time is more objective as we learn and grow. It changes. I'm not absolutly sure (to keep a working doubt), but it is what I notice on myself.

There are certainly perception of time things that people notice without getting metaphysical at all. Like if you are waiting for a certain time to come and are constantly checking the clock without doing anything to take your mind off the clock, time seems to last a lot longer. You could also do something you really enjoy and wish you could keep doing when quitting time comes; time may seem to have gone much too fast. Also time sort of seems to pass like a percentage of how old you are. My 4 years in high school seems to have lasted a lifetime, now I can blink and four years go away. In the grand scheme of things, emotions go away (but not love and laughter) and time is like distance where you can go back and forth (though you don't go back to exactly what was located there before).

Interesting idea.
About 12 years ago a flash insight when through my head. Which was
"Emotions are a way of experiencing things, they are not data analysis tools."
At the time I had no idea if it was true or not.

"Like if you are waiting for a certain time to come and are constantly checking the clock without doing anything to take your mind off the clock, time seems to last a lot longer."
Emotion : impatience, also altering the state of consciousness (when intensivly waiting for something, the rate of "self-remembering" process decreases.
When a higher state of consciousness is moreless maintained, perception of time can be consciously and voluntarily altered if needed.

"You could also do something you really enjoy and wish you could keep doing when quitting time comes; time may seem to have gone much too fast."
Doing something really enjoyable oftenly requires a lack of consciousness.
After an enjoyable thing, it's like to awake from a dream. So, low level of consciousness. Low level of consciousness : altered perceptions of time : "time have gone much too fast" or "time seems to last a lot longer".
This is often a sign of a low level of consciousness. Persons who have a middle or high level of consciousness never complain of time that goes too slow or too fast, because they can change their own perception of time.

Low level of consciousness :
Negative/Positive "subjectivized" event -> negative/positive "subjectivized" emotion -> perception of "slow" or "fast" time
= Non-conscious living through events -> non-conscious and automatic emotions -> perception of time altered (no control).

High level of consciousness :
Events -> emotions in "control" -> time in "control".
= Conscious living through events -> conscious reactions -> perception of time in control

Amplitudes of the character of events ("bad"/"good"), emotions ("bad"/"good"), and time ("slow"/"fast"), proportionally decrease when consciousness increase, because when we are becoming objective, the subjective nature of our perception of events, emotions, and perceptions tend to decrease.
This needs validity checks and reviews.

"Also time sort of seems to pass like a percentage of how old you are. My 4 years in high school seems to have lasted a lifetime, now I can blink and four years go away."
This is maybe linked with the density of emotionnal continuum ?
Compare a full day of physical events and emotions with an "emotionnal empty" day, on computer by example.
Yogi, perhaps, can understand much quicker the illusory nature of time because of their practice.
We must develop, I think, this same understanding to go along with 4th path in a high emotionnal density environment.

"emotions go away (but not love and laughter)"
Because emotions have modelled our memories : we essentially remember of high density emotionnal moments.
With a high level of consciousness, memories tend not to be dissociated in many little fragments, but tend to create a global understanding* of past situations, what I call "atmospheres". There are some tricks to construct an objective remembering of our past and emotionnal memories, one example : create a "bollard", mental "milestone" of consciousness, by highly increasing consciousness during a brief moment. This creates a point of relative objectivity in our memories and help self-analysis and self-remembering.

Sounds right to me.

________
* Global understanding = "union between objects" -> Cs : "Now, pay attention! What if: one on 2nd density perceives objects due to their similarity. One on 3rd density perceives objects due to their difference, and one on 4th density perceives objects in terms of their own union with all of them?"

If you define high level of consciousness as something like focused intent without expectation, I think I agree with what you are saying.

"Tricks" do work. I once at at about six years of age for fun said on Easter morning in my front yard that I'm going to remember this moment forever and I have (it apparently didn't include remembering my age exactly just the scene).

"Tricks" do work. I once at at about six years of age for fun said on Easter morning in my front yard that I'm going to remember this moment forever and I have (it apparently didn't include remembering my age exactly just the scene).
Yes, and there is more. Example : do a quick search in your memories. What appears ? Or moments of intense emotions or moments of intense awareness / consciousness. Sometimes there is a link between emotions and consciousness (consciousness as an outcome of emotions, when emotions induce self-remembering), sometimes there is not.
When, suddenly, we realize something which increases our level of consciousness, a "milestone" is created. Moments of consciousness appears when body is in "pause mode" (example : when contemplating). But with work, consciousness can be always maintained, in various degrees.
What we can notice here, is that emotion often throw out consciousness.
This explains why there is a proportional correlation between emotionnal activity and objectivity of perception (of time, here).

Ronan said:
Interesting idea.
About 12 years ago a flash insight when through my head. Which was
At the time I had no idea if it was true or not.
I think emotions are a 'data analysis tool,' if they are functioning normally. For example, emotions have the potential to survey a situation and relay back a signal notifying us if we are in danger. If we listen to the emotion - fear in this example, and utilize it, it can also provide fuel to escape. The trouble is our emotions have 'tumors' which relay mixed signals that we usually can't trust. When emotions are incongruent with the reality they're reading I would say this is where an energy drain can take place. The emotional center is doing work for nothing. Shocks seem one way of potentially breaking up those tumors so emotions might begin to work rightly.

Back
Top Bottom