Perseus, Medusa and You

Vulcan59

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
FWIW, the author of this video is a David Warner Mathisen. His YouTube channel and a list of books he's published.

In this new video, I explore some of the aspects of the myth of Perseus, Medusa, and the Gorgons to demonstrate that the details of the story originate in the celestial realm -- but that beyond their correspondence to the constellations in the night sky, the figures in this well-known myth convey powerful truths regarding our own situation in this incarnate life, and regarding our own relationship to the realm of the infinite, which is in fact always present, always available, and indeed absolutely necessary to us as we navigate the pitfalls of life in the seemingly-material plane.

Interesting. I wonder if he has something to say about the divine twins, the dioscuri (the sons of god Castor and Pollux), so prevalent in indo-european myths up to the beginnings of Christianity.

FWIW, the author of this video is a David Warner Mathisen. ("I explore some of the aspects of the myth of Perseus, Medusa, and the Gorgons..."

Noticed he spoke of Homer's Odyssey - looking away to the river in the underworld: repeated in the other myths as Perseus slays Medusa. Medusa - stone - representing the material (the trap) while the lesson is to look to the divine for help et cetera et cetera.

Thanks for posting this, Vulcan59.

Great find, thanks Vulcan. I am watching some of his other videos especially the ones on Indian myths/gods and he makes some compelling connections with position/compositions of stars and constellations. Also liked his deductions of hidden messages and teachings in ancient myths which are based on what people saw up in the sky. This is quite refreshing and eye opening!!

Back
Top Bottom