Pics of Pix for a better mood

dredger

The Living Force
Dear All,

While reading the "coromedia virus" thread, trying to catch the last postings, I had an idea, as so often.
This idea was to bring to anyone here other kind of thoughts than the ones we can feel while reading the news at this moment. We are in the middle of a worldwide hysteria with restrictives measures taken in many countries and we are wondering what is exactly going on. The idea was simply a try to counter-balance reader's mind/mood by bringing nice thoughts, smiles, tenderness, protection, ... pleasant emotions. This idea came to me while reading the thread, when my lovely cat, Pixelle (or Pix), came as usual into my arms as we are used to do since she's born (6y soon) - this triggered the idea !

This is a special relation I have with her, during some periods (almost 2/3 of a year), she daily comes and snuggle into my arms when i'm in front of the computer, sometimes 2 or 3x the same day. She purrs, close her eyes, sleep, even snore sometimes. It's always a great moment, and to be honest, I would never have thought/imagined that I could give/retrieve/receive/exchange so much with an animal, with a cat. I'm sure now that she helped me a lot since 6 years to keep my head "right", it's anyway impossible to write what she brought me.

So, I gathered a few pics of her, trying to find the ones which bring a good/strong positive emotions, just to share them because I felt this could be useful now. Useful to remind that even if the world goes crazy, there remains strong reasons to live, to fight, to resist in order to be in measure to protect the ones who will need it. And here, I was thinking of course about Pixelle, then it extended rapidly to anyone here who have pet(s), they'll also need our solace during the coming times.
Of course, as usual, the hesitating part of me tells me it's ridiculous, it's a cat as another cat, it's common, or that i will be rapidly classified as "the strange guy obsessed by his cat", you know (?) - is it the lizard part in me which tells me that, which often tries to break an idea that "pops" ?

Anyway, let's stick to it. I hope to make pleasure, to bring some smiles, to change any bad mood into a better one. It's for the community here, except the 3rd one I sent one day to RT, I never shared nor posted them anywhere. Pixelle is my secret weapon to be happy :)

I wanted to limit to 5 but will finally post 10. The first one was taken a few hours before when she came in, then different pics I selected - enjoy
Pix01.jpgPix02.jpgPix03.jpgPix04.jpgPix05.jpgPix06.jpgPix07.jpgPix08.jpgPix09.jpgPix10.jpg

Of course, as usual, the hesitating part of me tells me it's ridiculous, it's a cat as another cat, it's common, or that i will be rapidly classified as "the strange guy obsessed by his cat"

A cat is a cat. Pixelle is not "a" cat, she's "Pixelle" – your cat – so she's not common. Ask le renard ;-)

Qu'est-ce que signifie "apprivoiser" ?

- C'est une chose trop oubliée, dit le renard. Ça signifie "créer des liens..."

- Créer des liens ?

- Bien sûr, dit le renard. Tu n'es encore pour moi qu'un petit garçon tout semblable à cent mille petits garçons. Et je n'ai pas besoin de toi. Et tu n'as pas besoin de moi non plus. Je ne suis pour toi qu'un renard semblable à cent mille renards. Mais, si tu m'apprivoises, nous aurons besoin l'un de l'autre. Tu seras pour moi unique au monde. Je serai pour toi unique au monde...
--
To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world…

Le Petit Prince

A cat is a cat. Pixelle is not "a" cat, she's "Pixelle" – your cat – so she's not common. Ask le renard ;-)

Totally agree with that. Here's a pic that I have in my "office" of my sweet Capucine when she was with us. As you will surely recognized @Adaryn, I have also chosen a quotation of "Le petit Prince".

Attachments

• capu_costco_v1.jpg
    capu_costco_v1.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 25
Thanks Adaryn, you completed my ... understanding of this relation, it's so "evident" once you know the answer, and this passage of Le Petit Prince was the missing part of my understanding.

For those who like stories (real one, not a fiction ^^), I have something else to share about :

One "strange" thing i can report about Pix happened +/- 1 year before she was born.
I was on the parking of a local supermarket, during a sunday afternoon. One person was selling b&w drawings he made, similar to postal cards. I think at this moment I was already thinking about adopting a cat, even if my girlfriend was still with me, with her 2 cats, I knew we would separate soon and I get used to like the presence of the cats. Also, it's important to say that I almost always decline such kind of sellings, but this time i did it and browsed among the cards he proposed to sell, and strangely, i picked one and bought it. I remember i said it to my girlfriend, that I wonder why i responded him positively and finally bought one. I also kept it around my papers (i mean, i did not put it in a dusty cupboard to forget it).
I just scanned it to show you : except for the size of the eyes, the drawing resembles a lot to Pixelle once adult. It wasn't much the case when she was a kitten, but it became obvious when she got her final size and adult face, and one day it striked me, i rapidly found back the drawing and was stunned by the ressemblance. This is a bit disturbing, on the good side but disturbing anyway.

To add to this strangeness : it's the cat from one of my neightbors who gave birth to 6 kitten, he lives in the same bloc of building of 4 houses than me, less than 25m (like the right place). It's him, who i'm used to cross very rarely (max 4x by year) who told me about the kitten (like the right moment), and last but not least, when I came to see the kitten, they were all in the garage but one kitten went out from it and went into my direction when I arrived (then he (she) rapidly fled back), this kitten was Pixelle, and I remember that I directly chose her, even before having seen the 5 others and even if she was one of the 2 kitten among the 6 who was the smaller which looked like being weakier than the others (like the right feeling)

I can't help to think something special happened regarding her.
I attached the scan i just made
PostCard_2013.png

Thanks to all

Thank you Dredger we have also a cat that gives us lot of joy and make us learn to love another being other than us.
He is called Snow (his previous name was White, we might think of Snow White but I was more thinking about the white werewolf of Jon Snow in the Game of Thrones books series) and I see it a lot in my peripheral vision, some might say it's a bug of the matrix, but I see him as a helper who clear my mind, based on a dream I made long ago where I open the "attic of my house" and where there was a lot of kitten jumping around :).

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_115807.jpg
    IMG_20200331_115807.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200331_115854.jpg
    IMG_20200331_115854.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200331_115911.jpg
    IMG_20200331_115911.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200331_115928.jpg
    IMG_20200331_115928.jpg