Pictures of your Christmas Tree

This is our 'tree' with some homemade and some old granny's ornaments.
In old potato bucket :-D
We like it recycled.
And down you can see wreath made of 100 year old cookie plate from other grand grandmother
also with some branches, herbs, dried flowers and nuts.

Cheers everyone and enjoy the holidays as much as you can.
Love, hugs and kisses !

drvce 2023.jpgvjenčić.jpg

Thank you all for sharing your Christmas trees, decorations and pets of course! I love the variety and inspiration that each of you have brought. I gave away most of the Christmas decorations to friends and family and kept a few small precious ornaments. Not near enough to fill even a small tree so after one of the dogs broke my grandmothers ceramic tree, I spent several years searching for a decent replacement. Here is what I have collected...

Christmas tree 1.jpg
Christmas Trees 2.jpg

And the practice for a full group Christmas picture, still missing JJ the dachshund and Peaches the cat for now, but here is Auggi, Onyx and Rocky...

Practice.jpg

Back in communist Albania, Christmas was forbidden from being celebrated, as were other religous holidays, but many of the Christmas symbols were integrated in the New Year celebrations, hence we had the New Year tree, the New Year "Grandpa" (old man with a beard bringing gifts) and it was the only mandatory big family gathering where we'd cook food we only dreamed of the rest of the year and share it. I always enjoyed this time of the year and enjoyed making decorations for our tree from just paper, cotton and dough (as glue) as there were no other ready made decorations to buy. I still enjoy putting up a tree now ever since my daughter was born and watching her happiness about it. I haven't put up one yet this year, since we moved recently and my living room is still a "work in progress", but here's a picture from seven years ago. I had fun making the huge 'star' from a sheet of paper, although I think I should have made it a bit smaller :D . By the way, this tree was a Nordman and it kept its greenness so well that I decided to keep it as a living-room "plant" for the whole year (Christmas decorations put down of course). This is also partly because I missed the only tree collection date in January. It brought a nice and fun forest feeling to our appartment.

1702568638548.png

And what's up with the large brown dog standing on the bottom right without a head? It actually looks like the backside of a miniaturized horse...thing.
There is also a weird tail, or maybe an elephant in the left middle section lol
Yeah, MidJourney can make awesome pictures, but it's really bad with hands, feet and animals. Last year, I tried to make it do ferrets... Well, it does not know what a ferret is 😆 until I gave it a picture reference, and even then, it was not the best

I’d like to share these photos of my grand-cat-nephew Earl and his Christmas tree, before the Season wraps up.
I do have permission from my beloved niece to share these pictures with you all.
This was Earls second Christmas with my niece, and her beloved dog companion, a 6 year old white lab, his name is Duke.
Earl has grown to become a very wonderful, brave and determined little guy.
He makes a very entertaining and delightful addition to the family “pack”,
Last year, Earl was unable to experience climbing the Christmas tree, or even getting near it, as he was intensely supervised by his older dog brother Duke.
Every time little Earl wandered near the tree, Duke was there, and he would nudge the little kitten away, to a safe viewing area. It was hilarious to observe.
This year, the tree was in a new spot, close to a ledge, which gave Earl the advantage of avoiding Dukes supervision.

0A7F7CE4-360B-4036-834B-8D4EDE05128F.jpeg
And he did a wonderful job of getting as high in that tree as possible, as quickly as he could!
1221E1E0-5473-4742-98E9-467BB4DC7B40.jpeg
Earl roosted there, high in the Christmas tree, for over 2 hours. Blissfully surveying his domain, as Duke lay on the floor, watching Earl with a rather concerned yet defeated by “cat trickery” look on his face.
When ol Earl finally climbed down from the tree, (without ever dislodging any of the ornaments!) he touched noses with Duke stretched his legs, had a thorough cat lick wash up, and has not given the tree another thought since!

Our 2023 Xmas tree was not so much different than what I had posted earlier in this thread 🥰....only that I thought in addition, for as long as the tree was up, to place a laminated printout of Paul's Letter on Love that I had made, at the bottom of the tree.
The C's in the last session (30 December 2023) had suggested and encouraged us to read, study and reflect on Paul's letter, and I thought to start to take a verse each day to focus, reflect and meditate on.
What the spirit of Christmas ought to be is captured in that Letter.
I plan to pull the tree down week after next following Epiphany celebrations (Orthodox church/Julian calendar), and will then place the letter on my "altar" 🤭 for easy reference and reflection.
Otherwise for all members of our fraternity observing and celebrating Christmas today.. Merry Christmas 🎄 ❤️ 🌹

image_2024-01-07_135932108.png

Attachments

• Paul and Xmas.jpg
    Paul and Xmas.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Paul Letter and Tree.jpg
    Paul Letter and Tree.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Letter.jpg
    Letter.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 15
Back