Political Ponerology - New Edition (Now Available!)

As I was reading the new edition yesterday, I got curious about how Lobaczewski might describe the US to date. It appears to me that the US, with Biden's criminal gang at the helm, is at least in the initial stages of pathocracy. All the signs, as described by L., are observable IMO.

Harrison and others, what's your analysis – at what stage of pathocracy is the US at the moment? Should we expect it to reach peak level soon?
Given what he wrote in Logocracy, he would probably describe the U.S. as a democracy, and he didn't mean that in a positive sense. For him, democracy is essentially pathocracy-by-proxy, rule by the incompetent and by pathocratic special interest groups. Things have gotten worse since then, but the U.S. is still in the crisis period of a secular cycle. Any "mature" pathocracy will only take shape after the crisis and in the rebuilding phase that follows it, like what happened in Russia after the Revolution and Civil War. Until then, vestiges of the old social structure will continue to hang on and produce conflict with the emerging system. That's the way I currently see it, at least.

Given what he wrote in Logocracy, he would probably describe the U.S. as a democracy, and he didn't mean that in a positive sense. For him, democracy is essentially pathocracy-by-proxy, rule by the incompetent and by pathocratic special interest groups. Things have gotten worse since then, but the U.S. is still in the crisis period of a secular cycle. Any "mature" pathocracy will only take shape after the crisis and in the rebuilding phase that follows it, like what happened in Russia after the Revolution and Civil War. Until then, vestiges of the old social structure will continue to hang on and produce conflict with the emerging system. That's the way I currently see it, at least.
Just to clarify, do you mean that because there is still a large segment of the population in the US that is able to live a somewhat normal life, who live more or less according to the old social structure? And that the pathocrats at the top are imposing their pathological directives and ideas more by stealth, manipulation and propaganda?

I'm just thinking about all the pathological symptoms that have spread in the US during the last decade or so: cancel culture, wokeism, gender ideology, COVID propaganda/manipulation, lawlessness (none of the top decision makers (e.g., Biden crime family, Fauci) is ever held accountable for their obvious crimes; 'hearing's are held only for cosmetic reasons and appearance), stolen elections (2020), Trump's witch hunt, constant lying through the MSM, critical race theory or other nonsense to mess up the education system, the astonishing dumbness of politicians (they're not elected because of their wisdom), instilling constant fear in the population (climate scare, terrorism), gaslighting. I'm sure I forgot to mention something... :-D

Okay, so even if the US is not yeat officially a mature pathocracy, the result of this pathocracy-by-proxy are quite devastating. It's mentioned in the book how L. thought that Nazi-Germany didn't have enough time to develop into a full-blown pathocracy. Still, the effects of Nazi-G. were clearly horrific. So, I'm just thinking, does it really matter if a complete state of pathocracy is achieved by the crazies, since even an 'immature' pathocracy can seriously mess things up?

And, could it be said that despite the immature nature of US pathocracy, pathological ideas from the US have already contaminated other nations? I've been thinking, for instance, about my country Finland that has clearly been dumbed down and brainwashed by pathological ideas coming mainly from the US. Our leaders now are imbecills, some even clearly psychopathic, and their 'ideas' are not rooted in any rational thought not to mention wisdom. I hope the normal peeps in my country will provide enough resistance before Finland gets ponerized beyond repair.

Back
Top Bottom