Pope gets stuck in Vatican elevator

How do I embrace the religious traditions of those who have used/use those same practices to oppress my people for almost 600 years?

I don't know if you agree but many of the people in various "religions" are being oppressed and victimized and have been for a very long time as far as I can see. I now am in more alignment with the Cs observation that "life is religion". True religion is not ideologies/religious dogma/doctrines/traditions.

How do I embrace the religious traditions of those who have used/use those same practices to oppress my people for almost 600 years?

To embrace is to choose for oneself. Unless, you have been forced by outside intervention, ultimately - you still have a choice.

When my Family came to the U.S. in the late 1930's, they had a long inherited tradition as Orthodox Christian's. Many in their Country were being persecuted for not adapting to the Catholic religion. Since the U.S. was prominently considered "a mostly Catholic" dominated Country, they registered with the Catholic denomination (when in Rome - do as the Roman's do) but strictly adhered to their own traditions at home, which included Holiday observances.

The only real problem that our Family had to deal with, as far as the Catholic Church was concerned, was when my Father passed away when I was 11, he was 43, the Catholic Priest insisted that my Father would have a Catholic burial. The Family permitted it but it was mainly "ceremonial".

We are neither Greek or Russian but there was a beautiful Greek Orthodox Church about 45 minutes from the homestead. Closer to home, there was an absolutely gorgeous Russian Orthodox Monastery called St. Tikhon's, that we often attended with a close Russian Family, who had a dairy farm next to ours. Although our Family wasn't officially registered, a day after my Father was buried, an Orthodox Mass was performed for my Father and the grave site was eventually blessed. Shortly after, my Paternal Grandmother passed away and the same format followed.

If there is a Will - there is a Way - to hold on to your own inherited Family traditions, no matter where you are.

~~~

My opinion of what the Pope is trying to do now, broadcasts to the World - the false doctrines that have been adopted and supported the Catholic Church? The Pope wants to make "an exception" for a small majority, sacrificing a Centuries old tradition of excepting Celibacy when taking Oath, decreed by Papal Order.

Among child rapist and molesters, there are men, who have taken Oath and have seriously dedicated their life to their religious beliefs.
What the Pope is trying to do now, makes a mockery of the vows and Oaths, other dedicated Clergy have accepted. Self-imposed Celibacy, due to one's convictions or beliefs is a serious undertaking. It takes a lot of willpower and dedicated discipline to achieve and sustain. The Pope is now taking a form of moral integrity, debasing it and tossing it to the wind. This could be the start - of the end - of the Catholic Church?

Vatican synod proposes ordaining married men as priests in the Amazon

FILE PHOTO: Pope Francis attends the weekly general audience at the Vatican, October 16, 2019.  REUTERS/Remo Casilli
An assembly of Roman Catholic bishops from the Amazon on Saturday proposed that married men in the remote area be allowed to be ordained priests, which could lead to a landmark change in the Church's centuries-old discipline of celibacy.

Vatican synod proposes ordination of married men as priests in Amazon region

An assembly of Roman Catholic bishops from the Amazon on Saturday proposed that married men in the remote area be allowed to be ordained priests, which could lead to a landmark change in the Church's centuries-old discipline of celibacy.

Pope asks forgiveness for theft of controversial Amazon statues
FILE PHOTO: Pope Francis attends the Synod of Amazonian bishops at the Vatican, October 7, 2019 REUTERS/Remo Casilli
Pope Francis asked for forgiveness from Amazon bishops and others at a Church assembly on Friday after conservative Catholic militants stole statues they considered pagan idols from a church and dumped them in the Tiber river

To embrace is to choose for oneself. Unless, you have been forced by outside intervention, ultimately - you still have a choice.

If there is a Will - there is a Way - to hold on to your own inherited Family traditions, no matter where you are.

~~~

My opinion of what the Pope is trying to do now, broadcasts to the World - the false doctrines that have been adopted and supported the Catholic Church? The Pope wants to make "an exception" for a small majority, sacrificing a Centuries old tradition of excepting Celibacy when taking Oath, decreed by Papal Order.

Among child rapist and molesters, there are men, who have taken Oath and have seriously dedicated their life to their religious beliefs.
What the Pope is trying to do now, makes a mockery of the vows and Oaths, other dedicated Clergy have accepted. Self-imposed Celibacy, due to one's convictions or beliefs is a serious undertaking. It takes a lot of willpower and dedicated discipline to achieve and sustain. The Pope is now taking a form of moral integrity, debasing it and tossing it to the wind. This could be the start - of the end - of the Catholic Church?

angelburst29, Agreed. However, it is easier said than done, especially when one has been so indoctrinated that they do not know they have free will. Mental bondage is worse than physical bondage as the prisoner doesn't even know he/she is in a mental cage controlled by external factors. Indoctrinated from birth to always be of service to others no matter what is/was done to you. These "religious predators" betray the very principles of what they expect everyone else to follow while they commit the most heinous deeds. Yet they have millions of followers. SMH.

Have you heard of Stockholm Syndrome. Many are suffering from this symptom of doing things for survival and then protecting that external master controller. Sometimes, looking around, I feel like I'm watching a real messed up Outer Limits Gone Wild Series. I live in a place where there is so much suffering and people are begging for help from the same people who are keeping them in mental servitude. One can share information to help those who are spellbound, but at the end of the day no one knows what another is going through unless we happen to be walking in their shoes. As frigged up a situation I find my experience at times in this life. I don't want to walk in anyone's shoes. Mine fit me just fine.

Below is a quote from the Cacique Hathuey who was captured in Cuba after fleeing Hispanola. in the early 1500's. His crime was fighting the murderous invaders on his land. to which when caught he was tied to a tree to be burned alive. The monk told him, if he accepted their faith of Christianity when he died he would go to heaven, if not he would burn in hell for all eternity. The Cacique asked if there were Spaniards in Heaven? To which the monk replied, yes. Cacique Hathuey told the monk he would rather converse with the devils in hell than among the Spaniards whose cruelty is such that none can be more miserable than where Spaniards are. Every living being has a right to self defense. What if that natural sense of self defense was eroded or bred out? I guess one would go the route of the dodo.

So yeah people have choices & who am I to dictate those choices for them?

Attachments

• Cacique Hathuey - Christianity.jpg
    Cacique Hathuey - Christianity.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 4
That article on Cacique Hathuey for me symbolises true bravery. Such bravery, which can be found in untold people,
scares me. It's an inherent untaught strength which I so admire but fear I don't have,. Maybe one day I'll be tested and found wanting and that scares me.

That article on Cacique Hathuey for me symbolises true bravery. Such bravery, which can be found in untold people,
scares me. It's an inherent untaught strength which I so admire but fear I don't have,. Maybe one day I'll be tested and found wanting and that scares me.

In many past experiences, I have observed, the Soul (truth) is stronger than flesh. To intuitively live in one's own truth or belief, a part of self, also takes on the responsibility of possible consequences in adhering to that belief, in what ever form it may take.

When we transition, we take the truth with us, where by - the flesh falls behind and turns to dust.

'Secret' no more: Pope renames historic Vatican archives
FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, visit archives that were known as the Vatican Secret Archives at the Vatican, April 4, 2017. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi/File Photo

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, visit archives that were known as the Vatican Secret Archives at the Vatican, April 4, 2017. REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi/File Photo

VATICAN CITY October 28, 2019 - The Vatican Secret Archives, containing millions of documents spanning 12 centuries, are no longer officially “secret”.

Pope Francis has renamed the priceless archives, which include letters about King Henry VIII’s requests to divorce Catherine of Aragon and marry Anne Boleyn that led to the English Church’s 1534 split with the Catholic Church in Rome.

They also hold the original acts of the 1633 trial of astronomer Galileo by the Roman Inquisition which condemned him for heresy for teaching that the earth revolves around the sun.

The Vatican said on Monday the new name will be the Vatican Apostolic Archives.

This removes any potentially “negative nuances” from the Latin word “secretum” which the pope said in a decree was closer to “private” or “reserved” than “secret” when the archives first got their name around 1610.

The archives have long not been a secret anyway: like most state archives, they are open to qualified researchers after a period of time.

The collection of papers, documents and parchments that date back to the 700s make the archives one of the world’s most important research centers.

They contain 85 km (53 miles) of shelves and an underground vault known as “The Bunker”, a version of which was recreated in the film version of the Dan Brown novel “Angels and Demons”.

The archives are open for the period of the pontificate of Pope Pius XI, ending in 1939. Those from the pontificate of Pius XII (1939-1958) are due to be opened to scholars next March, which is keenly awaited by the Jewish community.

Many Jews say Pius did not do enough to help those facing persecution by Nazi Germany.

The Vatican maintains that Pius chose to work behind the scenes, concerned that public intervention would have worsened the situation for both Jews and Catholics in a wartime Europe dominated by Hitler.

When Francis announced the date of Pius XII opening last March, he said Pius’ legacy had been treated with “some prejudice and exaggeration”.

Vatican number two says will shed light on "opaque" London property buy
FILE PHOTO: Italian cardinal Pietro Parolin leads a special mass for peace in the Korean peninsula in Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, October 17, 2018. REUTERS/Max Rossi/File Photo
FILE PHOTO: Italian cardinal Pietro Parolin leads a special mass for peace in the Korean peninsula in Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, October 17, 2018. REUTERS/Max Rossi/File Photo

VATICAN CITY October 29, 2019 - The Vatican’s number two acknowledged on Tuesday that the Holy See’s deal to buy a luxury building in London was not transparent and promised to shed light on it.

The comments from Cardinal Pietro Parolin were the first by a top Vatican official on a saga that began a month ago when Vatican police raided the Secretariat of the State, the department he heads, and those of the Vatican’s Financial Information Authority (AIF).

“We are working to clear up everything. This deal was rather opaque and now we are trying to clear it up,” he said on the sidelines of a book launch at the Italian embassy to the Vatican in Rome.

The current scandal has been mushrooming and is shaping up to be one of the most serious in decades for an institution whose bank and other offices have been embroiled in numerous cases of corruption.

Five Vatican employees were suspended following the police raids on Oct. 1, including four in Parolin’s department, and AIF director Tommaso di Ruzza. Two weeks later, Domenico Giani, the Vatican’s longtime security chief and Pope Francis’ personal bodyguard, resigned over the leak of a document related to a magistrate’s investigation of the deal.

The Secretariat of State, the nerve center of the bureaucracy of the 1.3 billion-member Church, spent about $200 million in 2014 for a minority stake in a complex plan to buy a building in London’s Chelsea district and convert it into luxury apartments,
according to people familiar with the events.

In 2018 the Secretariat of State bought the rest of the stake and became the outright owner but took on some debt to refinance.

Several Italian middlemen were involved in the operations and the Italian magazine L’Espresso, which has published leaked documents, said they may have overcharged the Vatican.

Last week the AIF, the internal regulator, issued a statement rejecting Milan’s accusations that it acted improperly, raising the stakes in an awkward internal conflict for the pope. The AIF board also confirmed its confidence in Di Ruzza.

L’Espresso reported that at least some of the money used to buy the London property as an investment came from Peter’s Pence, the yearly collection taken up around the world and destined for the pope’s charities.

In his comments on Tuesday, Parolin suggested the purchase of the building was a one-off episode and said he believed the fund was “well managed.”

Well well., Peter's Pence, the yearly collection taken up around the world and destined for the Pope's charities-Luxury apartments. Some charity, although the 'C's have said that money should be utilised to make more money. So I suppose I cannot complain but I can certainly complain on the use of the word Charity.

We are stronger than we know. Tuatha de DanaanYou are stronger than you know.

In many past experiences, I have observed, the Soul (truth) is stronger than flesh. To intuitively live in one's own truth or belief, a part of self, also takes on the responsibility of possible consequences in adhering to that belief, in what ever form it may take.

When we transition, we take the truth with us, where by - the flesh falls behind and turns to dust.

I think the Cs agree with both of you.

Session 31 May 1997:
Q: Cayce talks about the division in Atlantis between the "Sons of One" and the "Sons of Belial." Was this a racial division or a philosophical/ religious division?

A: It was the latter two, and before that, the former one.

Q: When it was a racial division, which group was it?

A: The Sons of Belial were the Kantekkians.

Q: Well! That is not good!

A: Subjective... you are not bodies, you are souls.

I think the Cs agree with both of you.

A: Subjective... you are not bodies, you are souls.

There's a memory etched in my mind - that happened a good 50 years ago but even now, it still remains very vivid and clear.

I had a very close bond with my Paternal Grandmother. To this day, I have yet to meet another women who possessed her qualities and kindness. She spent the last 18 years of her life in a wheelchair, mainly due to heavy farm work. I was around 13, when she lost strength and became ill. My Aunt Helena only lived a short distance away and we took turns - staying up with my Grandmother at night - so she wasn't alone.

My Uncle and his Wife also lived there but she was busy with two little one's. My Uncle would get up every morning around 5 AM and head down to the barn, to get things ready for milking. I would follow and go into the pasture to bring up the cows. It was my favorite chore of the day. Once the cows were in, I'd go up to the hay mow and toss down some bails of hay, through an opening in the floor. Then I would feed the cows (around 90), while my Uncle did the milking. When I was finished with that, I would head back to the house, wash up, have breakfast and walk down the driveway to wait for the school bus. ... but this morning - would be different.

I sat on a wooden chair and rested my arm on the bed, to hold my Grandmother's hand, so she knew I was there. Her vision had become blurry. During the night, her breathing became very heavy and her hand began to feel very cold and pale looking.

The clock in the hall had just chimed 5 bells (5 AM) when suddenly, I heard a small "pop" inside my head and the air around me turned very still and serene. Even the crickets outside the bedroom window were silent. Just as quickly, "a pale blue flash" appeared above my Grandmother's head, then disappeared. It was there "one moment and gone the next". It happened so fast, I wasn't sure what I had witnessed, then the sound of the crickets came back. When I looked at my Grandmother, her lips had turned dark blue and all color had gone from her face. Still ... very much miss her!

There's a memory etched in my mind - that happened a good 50 years ago but even now, it still remains very vivid and clear.

I had a very close bond with my Paternal Grandmother. To this day, I have yet to meet another women who possessed her qualities and kindness. She spent the last 18 years of her life in a wheelchair, mainly due to heavy farm work. I was around 13, when she lost strength and became ill. My Aunt Helena only lived a short distance away and we took turns - staying up with my Grandmother at night - so she wasn't alone.

My Uncle and his Wife also lived there but she was busy with two little one's. My Uncle would get up every morning around 5 AM and head down to the barn, to get things ready for milking. I would follow and go into the pasture to bring up the cows. It was my favorite chore of the day. Once the cows were in, I'd go up to the hay mow and toss down some bails of hay, through an opening in the floor. Then I would feed the cows (around 90), while my Uncle did the milking. When I was finished with that, I would head back to the house, wash up, have breakfast and walk down the driveway to wait for the school bus. ... but this morning - would be different.

I sat on a wooden chair and rested my arm on the bed, to hold my Grandmother's hand, so she knew I was there. Her vision had become blurry. During the night, her breathing became very heavy and her hand began to feel very cold and pale looking.

The clock in the hall had just chimed 5 bells (5 AM) when suddenly, I heard a small "pop" inside my head and the air around me turned very still and serene. Even the crickets outside the bedroom window were silent. Just as quickly, "a pale blue flash" appeared above my Grandmother's head, then disappeared. It was there "one moment and gone the next". It happened so fast, I wasn't sure what I had witnessed, then the sound of the crickets came back. When I looked at my Grandmother, her lips had turned dark blue and all color had gone from her face. Still ... very much miss her!

What a wonderful memory, one totally immersed in the everyday living of a little girl. Another day just like the rest but......
After Laura talked about picking an ancestor to pray to for protection and help I picked my paternal Grandmother. When my mother died when I was 3 she took care of my older brother and myself. Having already raised 8 of her own children, and bent over from cooking over an open fire for all those years I never felt a burden or hindrance. Her dedication was total. Too young to realise that she had a past of her own I just accepted her as my go to person when I had a problem.

I can see, hear and feel her in my minds eye every day. No one has ever made such an impression on me as that caring, quiet and dignified old lady. She did learn to read and write but didn't complete her years at school, going into service in the BIG HOUSE at 14. A very hard life like so many others but it was her dignity that impressed me even as a child. A calm solidity so important to a child.

Thank you Angelburst29 for a picture into your past.

What a wonderful memory, one totally immersed in the everyday living of a little girl. Another day just like the rest but......
After Laura talked about picking an ancestor to pray to for protection and help I picked my paternal Grandmother. When my mother died when I was 3 she took care of my older brother and myself. Having already raised 8 of her own children, and bent over from cooking over an open fire for all those years I never felt a burden or hindrance. Her dedication was total. Too young to realise that she had a past of her own I just accepted her as my go to person when I had a problem.

I can see, hear and feel her in my minds eye every day. No one has ever made such an impression on me as that caring, quiet and dignified old lady. She did learn to read and write but didn't complete her years at school, going into service in the BIG HOUSE at 14. A very hard life like so many others but it was her dignity that impressed me even as a child. A calm solidity so important to a child.

Thank you Angelburst29 for a picture into your past.

Deeply sorry to hear about your Mother, Tuatha de Danaan. You were so young and it was such a tender age. Sending warm Hugs :love:
Hope you were able to work through some of the pain and loss?

If I were to sum up in two words what my Grandmother represented to me - I would choose "dignity and self respect". She was my mentor and I learned so much from her. She would say to me, "Keep it simple and stick to basics". To honor her memory and that of my Father, I practice the lessons they taught me. I hope, in my own quest, I haven't failed them.

Former Pope Benedict, in a new book written with a conservative cardinal, defends priestly celibacy in the Catholic Church in what appears to be a strategically timed appeal to Pope Francis to not change the rules.

Former Pope Benedict breaks silence on celibacy debate after synod
FILE PHOTO: Pope Francis visits his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, at the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in Vatican, December 21, 2018. Picture taken December 21, 2018.  Vatican Media/Handout via REUTERS/File Photo

Former pontiff's book draws criticism, highlights problem of 'two popes'

Roman Catholic scholars rebuked the former Pope Benedict
on Monday for his comments in a new book regarding the delicate matter of priestly celibacy, saying his words were helping to destabilize the reigning Pope Francis.

Ex-pope Benedict wants name removed from new book: aide

The book From the Depths of Our Hearts, co-written by retired pope Benedict XVI, is on display in a bookshop in Paris, France, January 15, 2020. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
Former Pope Benedict wants his name removed as co-author of a new book on the issue of priestly celibacy, his personal secretary said on Tuesday, in the latest twist to a saga that has kept the Roman Catholic world riveted.

Pope names first woman to senior Vatican diplomatic post
Italian lay woman Francesca Di Giovanni, who was named by Pope Francis as the first woman to hold a high-ranking post in the Vatican's Secretariat of State, is pictured at the Vatican, December 23, 2013. Picture taken December 23, 2013. Vatican Media/Handout via REUTERS
Pope Francis on Wednesday named the first woman to hold a high-ranking post in the Secretariat of State, the male-dominated Vatican's diplomatic and administrative nerve center.

Back
Top Bottom