"Puzzling People" by Thomas Sheridan - a puzzling person

Guardian said:
Perceval said:
Exactly, it sounds like the kind of thing a psycopath would do to ingratiate himself with the local community in order to more easily get away with his predatory behavior.

Yup, and like most Psychopaths, Sheridan doesn't appear to stick with anything for very long....including the "Tidy Towns" project. There's a artist consortium and other stuff too.

If the stick at one place, the shell will fall off and they will be exposed . Also, they will get bored easily.

Ya I really feel sorry for the bloke. He does all this work to bring the truth towards psychopaths to light, and look what happens. It sounds like he's sweeping streets now. Ha Ha

Trooper3 said:
Ya I really feel sorry for the bloke. He does all this work to bring the truth towards psychopaths to light, and look what happens.

You seemed to have missed the point that he didn't do any work - he just copied the work of others to bring notoriety to himself.

t said:
It sounds like he's sweeping streets now. Ha Ha

I'm sure he'll land on his feet, they always do.

Trooper3 said:
Ya I really feel sorry for the bloke. He does all this work to bring the truth towards psychopaths to light, and look what happens. It sounds like he's sweeping streets now. Ha Ha

Hi Trooper3,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

nicklebleu said:
This would be a very good opportunity for PF to reassess the role TS played in all this and put his actions in context with his writings. And maybe they could head over SOTT-ways to read the TS thread in its entirety. That would be a very good lesson in psychopathy indeed. But I'm not holding my breath ...

For me this shows one thing ... as an individual it is very hard to sift out the psychopaths, you really need a network to do this. And TS was in every respect not even the hardest to spot ... and still it took time and ressources.

I was a member of Psychopath Free for a short time when it first started. I did my best to keep it going by posting when it was quiet and replying to people's posts so they didn't feel like they were being ignored. I had better things to do both on-line and in real life but out of the blue found I had been banned permanently for making too many posts. That's the thanks I got for trying to keep a forum going that could easily have died a death in it's early weeks.

I find that the admin were too over sensitive to cope with people other than sycophants and clones. Most of them hadn't fully recovered from their abusive relationships. One I am certain is a professional victim going from crisis to crisis and then getting paranoid over the wrong people. There were differences of opinion about what was good music and what wasn't. I got sick of them pushing the likes of Illuminiati puppets Rihanna, Beyonce, Jesse J et al as whose lyrics they were comforted with and then knocking Franz Ferdinand one of my favourite bands as a bunch of sociopaths.

I agree Chirpy.

I had the same kind of experience. There was a certain kind of mean spiritness, I guess due to being overly sensitive and like you said, some of them were not recovered enough from their own psychopathic experiences to be in the position of monitor. I honestly dont know what the real truth is about Thomas Sheridan. I find it hard to believe that early on they had no clue as to the kind of person he was being at least on his face book page. How could that be missed? I don't get that.

I wrote him first. Told him I wanted to share my story. He skpyed me. At the time, my first skype time, I couldnt figure out how to get the screen to video me, so he never saw me. I imagined that he thought I did that on purpose and was lying about not being able to show myself. I told him my story and he was there listening intendly and was very nice. He asked me if he could use my story for his book. I said yes, the only thing was we had decided together that this skype session was only going to be a practice session and not used for anything. He told me he would call back when I got my Skype working properly and then we would officially do it. Well, when I was ready, I send him an email and I never heard anything back. I send him another email a week after that, nothing. Then I discovered PF.

The truth is I believed I had a story. A story that needed to be told. If there was anything I was going to do in this world according to what had happened to me, I was going to tell my story. This was finally going to be my way of standing up. What better person to relay this to, than Thomas Sheridan. I felt that I had struck gold, at least as far as my ego was concerned, and I was over joyed to be seeing this through and smitten that he had chosen me to listen to. But as I was saying, reality came home and he never answerd me again. I felt, oh I must have been boring, Im not so special after all, there was "nothing" about me that could be used, etc. etc. This could have been true. and most likely he didnt have the heart to tell me that he had changed his mind. < This is the version according to the emotional patterns I keep playing in my life. This was a repeat version of how I have felt according to how my ex boyfriend had been treating me. I felt exploited., but I think I have matured enough in the past year to say, no. I wasnt exploited. I just got lost in a sea of a lot of other people just like me. It wasnt "anything" for me to take personally.

All I can say is that, to Thomas Sheridan I didnt have any qualms as to revieling who I was, on PF and off PF and onto his Facebook page. I spent a lot of time on PF telling my story looking for other members to relate to, I gave a hell of a lot of myself too, and to tell you the truth, all I got was a lot of ignoring coming my way. It started to seem to me that if you showed any sense of self confidence and worth in your self and what you had to say, you'd be ignored. I dont think I could have shown a most honest, good hearted picture of myself anymore than I did, it didnt matter. I was banned anyways. for ever! I was so shocked I had to pay for a life coach to help me out of it. Why? Because the under tones of the whole thing suggested that it was done because I was a PSYCHOPATH. oh and of course a troll too.

This supposively happened because I was on Thomas Sheridan's Facebook page one day, and said this real cock a mainy thing about the moon being evil, or a dark thing, or what ever. Well, it hit me wrong, so I private Messaged him and told him about the moon and how this planet wouldnt even be here with out it! I wasnt happy with him at that point, but not abusive at all! Then I finally took this engagement as an oppurtunity to tell him my feelings about what happened on Skype and why I was really mad. I expected an apolagy, or something. Didnt get it. Then it wasnt until the next time I got on PF that I was banned. No explanation, no nothing. The moderators would not answer me. I was called a troll by them. And the nastiness goes on. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Why??? because it's true.

I wonder who's doing the banning, Thomas or the moderators. I think a few more people have been banned from PF that we don't know about. You're right about the admins not being sufficiently recovered enough to moderate as it seems almost anything triggers them off but they forget that banning a member still in recovery hurts even more. If you have something in common that the 'psychopath' they were in a relationship has that marks you out as a psychopath in their eyes. I'm wondering whether some were in relationships with psychopaths as they claimed but were used a bit because they hadn't got the guts to communicate properly and stand up for themselves. I also think that one or two were the real abusers in their relationships and were manipulating their partners into abusing them judging by the way they behave on the forums. They haven't integrated their shadow sides and think they are all sweetness and light which is far from the truth with them.

Had the same treatment with the Narcissist/Sociopath support group on Facebook. It was like a cult where members were expected to post every week and I found it drew me in too much leaving me with not much time for anything else on-line. I got banned when I commented that nobody is perfect and that we all have our faults which they couldn't handle. They divide the world into psychopaths and faultless non-psychopaths. If you show any faults they label you a psychopath while not seeing their own faults. There is one in particular on Facebook who thinks she has recovered from her past relationships but clearly hasn't as she acts like a silly little girl when she is middle aged. She hijacked one of my discussions in the Facebook group while drunk to talk nonsense with another drunken member. I told her to remove the comments and take them to her own discussion but she carried on.

I think only the sycophants are allowed to remain on these 'support' forums and Facebook pages. The ones who say that this is where they make 'real' friends nicer than people in real life but they couldn't be more fake. I notice that some people on Sandra Barr's Facebook page were telling her that she was the best truther and they only look to her for information when you need to get alternative information from a wide range of sources as researchers have different expertises and styles.

I noticed that Thomas didn't like anybody disagreeing with him and he only 'liked' any status updates of mine if I parroted what he wrote. The suggestion that the moon is dark and evil is preposterous. David Icke seems to think it's man made.

I totally agree with you, Chirpy. I've read many of the threads at PF, and I think it's one of the most toxic forums on the web. Perhaps there are one or two exceptions, but I do think you are right that many of the moderators there are actually co-abusers in disguise. It doesn't always come out, but when it does, it isn't pretty. I think it might best be described as something like "Jr. High Mean Girls meet the French Jacobin Party."

I "do" have to say, since I am only a human being, that in my other post, I mentioned confronting Thomas Sheridan about never following up on the official interview he said he wanted to have with me. True, he didn't say he was sorry, how ever he did say it was because he was bussy. Important little dit bit there, I honestly forgot to add there. And, he probably "was" bussy, very bussy, especially back then. But of course not too bussy to yip yap on his face book, but that's beside the point. He may have been in the process of what we call down time. Time to entertain ourselves and yip yap, and I have to say there were a few wierdoes on there who wouldnt quit trying to push their space alien ideas on him and everyone else. I imagine he was having trouble with people on there and else where right and left to the point where he didnt know WHO or What he was talking to. And here comes me, still pretty fresh to this internet galactica thing. Still pretty shell shocked from a man who did something to me which made no sense at all, looking for understanding and comeradship, looking to have my sense of self importance up lifted in some way, like thousands of others as I later found out, tottally intuned to what Thomas Sheridan was talking about. I get on PF and share my heart and soul because I needed help as I needed to give it and WHAM!!!!!! BANNED!!! What did I do? I had no clue. Why did it happened, and no body would tell me, < THAT was the problem, and this was during a time when I had serious understandable issues with being given the silent treatment for 3 years by an ex boyfriend, saw the jerk for two days after this as he led me on to trust him Big Time!, and then he did it to me again. No one cared!! I was freaking out.

When you get lost in too big a system, this kind of shit happens. And as far as Thomas Sheridan is concerned, the moon stuff, that's all it was, he was spouting stuff off probably with in a context I completely missed. Seriously. Whether this proves him as a psychopath, certainly not. He's got a mouth on him, this be true, but just because he hasnt given me the personal attention I wanted at the time doesnt mean his books are trash, or that he is. It makes me wonder how I would react if all of a sudden I got a hell of a lot of attention on line for something. I'd probably freak out, strip naked and lock myself in the closet. I might think I would want this, and secretly envy those who are getting it, but realistically, I'll take my quiet life out in the country anytime and close the lid. It's too big a system . I rest my case.

Having gone to look over the PF forum, all I can say about it is this: its a forum for people who are just coming to grips with the aftermath of dealing with a psychopathic person. From what I've read there, not everyone has actually run into a psychopath, but have run into different kinds of characteropathies. Not many of them are ready to dig into the kind of information or research that's done here.

That's OK.
They're doing the best they can with where they are all at.

To continue to dissect the PF forum here strikes me as noise.

That woman in the video, June: am I the only one who has the impression that she looks completely spent and intimidated? If so that would explain lots of what has been discussed here. I wonder very much how any woman would feel if their SO said in public the things TS has said - mine would kick me out. In any case seeing that video made me very sad.

@Guardian
There are several records in the FEC dot GOV dataset/s about persons in NY named TS and which connect them to a lawyer firm and a bank between the 1980s until 2007 which I looked up after seeing that court document about marriage abandonment. My impression is that these people are probably not the TS about whom this thread is. You can see the available FEC documents here for the last two records (previous ones don't have scanned docs available):
_http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?25020301828
_http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?28990963800

Note: corrected/extended

Gimpy said:
Having gone to look over the PF forum, all I can say about it is this: its a forum for people who are just coming to grips with the aftermath of dealing with a psychopathic person. From what I've read there, not everyone has actually run into a psychopath, but have run into different kinds of characteropathies. Not many of them are ready to dig into the kind of information or research that's done here.

That's OK.
They're doing the best they can with where they are all at.

To continue to dissect the PF forum here strikes me as noise.

Well, it seems to me that there are a lot of things in this world that could be considered noise, it depends upon where you are standing and how well your hearing is. If it gets organized, it's called music. maybe a bitter sweet symphany. It's intersting because a part of my talk with Thomas Sheridan, when I did get a chance to talk to him one on one, I wanted to know if in fact he thought I had been with a psychopath, as the odds and percentages go you know. He said , definitely yes. He also said that he felt from talking to me that I was going to be all right. He said it twise. You know, though, I didnt need his validation on this, not really. Many people on PF do need this validation though, but even still I dont see how this would hamper their interest and ability to aquire as much inforamtion on the subject as they could, the deeper the better. I actually think they are readier then those who have never had the kind of experiences they have. Its easy to read about something, but when youve lived it, that's where the real core of understanding something begins.

Trooper3 said:
Well, it seems to me that there are a lot of things in this world that could be considered noise, it depends upon where you are standing and how well your hearing is. If it gets organized, it's called music. maybe a bitter sweet symphany. It's intersting because a part of my talk with Thomas Sheridan, when I did get a chance to talk to him one on one, I wanted to know if in fact he thought I had been with a psychopath, as the odds and percentages go you know. He said , definitely yes. He also said that he felt from talking to me that I was going to be all right. He said it twise. You know, though, I didnt need his validation on this, not really. Many people on PF do need this validation though, but even still I dont see how this would hamper their interest and ability to aquire as much inforamtion on the subject as they could, the deeper the better. I actually think they are readier then those who have never had the kind of experiences they have. Its easy to read about something, but when youve lived it, that's where the real core of understanding something begins.

More to the point is the declared purpose and focus of this forum which is detailed in the Forum Guidelines. We do a lot of research on psychopathy and even deal with fallout from psychopathic encounters because, due to the nature of our work, we deal with quite a few of them on a larger social scale. People who are victims of psychopaths are welcome to avail themselves of our research and experience, and we are always willing to point them in the direction of useful input along that line, but we aren't a support forum for victims. Exposing pathology, analyzing it, categorizing it if possible, looking for clues that may help others spot issues in their lives, etc, is only part of what we do here.

Laura said:
Trooper3 said:

More to the point is the declared purpose and focus of this forum which is detailed in the Forum Guidelines. We do a lot of research on psychopathy and even deal with fallout from psychopathic encounters because, due to the nature of our work, we deal with quite a few of them on a larger social scale. People who are victims of psychopaths are welcome to avail themselves of our research and experience, and we are always willing to point them in the direction of useful input along that line, but we aren't a support forum for victims. Exposing pathology, analyzing it, categorizing it if possible, looking for clues that may help others spot issues in their lives, etc, is only part of what we do here.

Either is Psychopath Free a support forum for victims, which was my point.

Back
Top Bottom