Quality Liposomal Vitamin C

FASTWALKER

Padawan Learner
This is a nice tutorial with photos and videos and various dosing amounts. He uses alcohol in the mix for a higher percentage rate of Liposomal C for the mix. I bought some sunflower lecithin to use instead of soy.
http://qualityliposomalc.com/styled-3/index.html

I don't think you should be putting alcohol into your vitamin C. The liposomal version without alcohol has plenty of vitamin C in it, so I'm not sure "a higher percentage rate" helps.

Why do you THINK that hlat? Did you do any research on that thought? NO, you did not. If you don't want to use alcohol then don't. It will not be as effective though. The original link had the reason why it was important under Ingredients and you would click on the blue highlight that say's RESEARCH.
Please read the below link.
http://www.qualityliposomalc.com/styled/index.html

Excerpt:
Alcohol is Important

The majority of the liposomal vitamin C community is not aware that alcohol is very helpful in the creation of liposomes.

It is well established that organic solvents help phospholipids form liposomes. While there are many dangerous organic solvents, the one we’re interested in is ethyl alcohol. This is the same type of alcohol that is in your beer, wine and vodka. Its safety has been established over many years and includes long term testing by the author of this website!

LivOn Labs is the current market leader in liposomal vitamin C. Their recipe includes 12% alcohol by weight as a ‘natural preservative’, however, it turns out that this alcohol is also key to creating liposomes.

See the patent reference in the previous section for more detail.

It is typically impossible for the home manufacturer to validate that they have created liposomes. However, I’m fortunate that I have access to a biological research lab and have used their microscopes to confirm liposome creation. The following is a picture of the liposomes that have been created using the Process described on this website. The picture is a little odd looking because the attached camera was broken and I had to use a standard ‘point-and-shoot’ camera.

Hello, here in the forum there is a thread about making vitamin c liposomal, I agree with HLaT, I think that even without alcohol, vitamin C is lipsomal high quality and availability, could have a look at the thread in question, to see as have others as well as their experiences, the decision to use alcohol or is not yours.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30416.45.html
Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Riciapaz,
You can agree all you want with hlat but the research does not hold up. I am aware of the other method without alcohol/ solvent, hence my post on this method. I have done my homework on this, you obviously have not. The other method is more effective for stomach upset and basic absorption (not cellular level absorption) than plain ascorbic acid but not by much for the effort. Please do your homework. All the information is in the links if you bother to even read them. The company LivOn owns the patent for their process using "solvent" to maximize the liposomes.
Link- http://www.peakenergy.com/articles/nh20140411/Exposing-the-truth-about-liposomal-nutrients/

Excerpt from Dr. Tom Levy (from above link)- Note: I'm doing your homework for you!

IS "HOMEMADE" LIPSOME-ENCAPSULATED VITAMIN C GOOD?

If the reader thinks I will say anything to help LivOn and hurt the competition, then there is not much point in reading further. If someone wants to be cynical about my intentions, that's their right, however misguided they might be.

All I can say is that the simple ultrasonic treatment of lecithin and vitamin C does not make liposomes. I have reviewed the sophisticated testing of two different such preparations. Both of them: zero liposomes.

However, the ultrasonic treatment does results in a legitimate emulsion, which is absorbed much better than just regular vitamin C. However, that is just absorption into the blood, not enhanced uptake inside the cells, as with liposomes.

So, such a preparation can certainly help the sick patient, and probably more effectively than just regular vitamin C can help.

It is important to realize, however, that the critically ill patient who continues to worsen while taking a homemade preparation has not yet had the benefit of liposome enhanced vitamin C uptake into cells, only the self-imposed illusion/delusion of that benefit. The enhanced intracellular uptake of the vitamin C, a critical unique aspect of a good liposome supplement, never occurs with the homemade preparation.

Some other companies make real liposome preparations, some do not. I am only in a position to say that LivOn does. The clinical effects that I have witnessed over years now continue to amaze me. But, buyer beware.

I personally have not made any liposomal vitamin C, but did look into the method calling for 100% ethyl alcohol (which is near impossible to get). methyl alcohol is typically what is sold and it is NOT for consumption. You may be able to source Everclear liquor, but it is not 100% pure (or so I was told).

Having a cursory look at the process, I found this nice pdf for those interested. https://www.quantumbalancing.com/pdf/lc.pdf

Using alcohol as a catalyst in the reaction is not really a bad thing - and for those who are a bit prickly about it, know that it is not the same as cracking open of fifth and indulging. Alcohol has its useful purposes and makes a great disinfectant. :)

Fastwalker said:
However, I’m fortunate that I have access to a biological research lab and have used their microscopes to confirm liposome creation.
If you want to prove your point, then you will need to follow the protocol in creating the liposomal vitamin C without alcohol, and then you will need to look at that result under the microscope to confirm that liposomes were not created. Can you do that and then report back on the results?

Lilou said:
I personally have not made any liposomal vitamin C, but did look into the method calling for 100% ethyl alcohol (which is near impossible to get). methyl alcohol is typically what is sold and it is NOT for consumption. You may be able to source Everclear liquor, but it is not 100% pure (or so I was told).

Having a cursory look at the process, I found this nice pdf for those interested. https://www.quantumbalancing.com/pdf/lc.pdf

Using alcohol as a catalyst in the reaction is not really a bad thing - and for those who are a bit prickly about it, know that it is not the same as cracking open of fifth and indulging. Alcohol has its useful purposes and makes a great disinfectant. :)

Just to add, in the pdf he states altering the recipe for 70% ethyl alcohol right down to using vodka if need be as a catalyst.

Edit: meant to add that temperature, as in any recipe, needs to be maintained at certain levels in his document. More reading on this process is needed, however, a number of people (myself included) make Lipo-C by adding sodium bicarbonate, so this might be a different factor then was discussed.

I was all in on increasing the availability of vit c to the cells rather than just the blood until I read the following:

Quote,

"If you don’t have an ultrasonic machine simply place the water, alcohol and vitamin C on the stove and heat while
stirring. Be sure to turn off the heat when the vitamin C starts to dissolve. Keep on stirring until the vitamin C has been
completely dissolved. You may add a little more heat at intervals if its needed to continue the dissolving process."

End Quote

My understanding is that heat destroys vit c? How does adding the alcohol protect the vit c from oxidizing when heated?

Nice equipment though...

The truth is FastWalker you can make liposomal emulsions and regular emulsions easier with ultrasound. I wouldn't say that the addition of alcohol is an absolute. If you have the right emulsifier (lecithin in this case) in the right proportions extra help in the form of alcohol is not really needed. I would always use a sonicator but alcohol is not necessary especially in a pinch. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

If a company says that their way is the only way I get a bit suspicious. Furthermore....

FastWalker said:
However, the ultrasonic treatment does results in a legitimate emulsion, which is absorbed much better than just regular vitamin C. However, that is just absorption into the blood, not enhanced uptake inside the cells, as with liposomes.

With the ingredients involved, in the specific case of vitamin c and lecithin, any emulsion that arises will be that of the liposomal variety (check the technical definition between liposomes and micelles in regular emulsions). If you would like to get into the science behind it that's fine but your statement above is not entirely accurate in my opinion.

I'm very interested in trying this procedure, but it involves using alcohol. I thought using flammable things like alcohol in an ultrasonic device can lead to a fire. Am I wrong?

Ira said:
I'm very interested in trying this procedure, but it involves using alcohol. I thought using flammable things like alcohol in an ultrasonic device can lead to a fire. Am I wrong?

Probably best to start with what trendsetter37 discussed above. The thread for Vit C is here that offers some experiences with liposomal. There is also this article worth reading: http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/06/17/heal-thyself-with-homemade-liposomal-vitamin-c/

Since this is your first post, if you check in here, you can make a customary introduction, and that link also connects you with some other threads.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Edit: Sorry, I did not answer your question though on the flammability question. I would always be cautions and find out more from people who have made this. Volatility depends on the solution and if an ignition source is present, and one would need to read the manufacturers manual for whatever brand of ultrasonic device is being used, osit.

I have made two half batches based on qualityliposomalc.com.
Swansons 100% Pure Vitamin C Powder (ascorbic acid) and Swansons Sunflower Lecithin (Non-GMO)

The first half batch with 40 vol Vodka - made a fairly stiff, jello like, consistency end product.
When I put a 1/4 teaspoon of the end product into a little water and baking soda there was minimal fizzing, bubbling. Even when prodded and poked.
For me, it was easy to take it in a little juice and there were no tummy upsets.

By contrast the second half batch without Vodka - made a watery end product.
When I put a 1/4 teaspoon of the end product into a little water and baking soda there was fizzing, bubbling - a lot.
It took some with the juice again, it was easy to take BUT there were tummy upsets. Not pleasant at all.

There was a two day gap between taking the samples.

It does seem like a lot of alcohol but the proof was in the pudding. Absolutely no comparison. If the baking soda is a good litmus test for encapsulation then the alcohol does a brilliant job.

Welcome to our forum greg1! Actually, seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

I am trying to make the Liposomal Vit C as directed on the Web site. I am a physician doing this for my family. I can get Ethyl Alcohol but I am looking for a source and what type other than 98% ie denatured etc. I am also looking to purchase a less expensive version of the ultrasonic bath used in your equipment section. Can you comment? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom