Quantum Future School

You say that the that the quantum future school is a fourth way school, which would imply it has a conscious teacher. Who is the teacher (Laura, Ark, Cassiopaeans)? Also, as I understand it, the QFS is merely a group of co-linear people who discuss their inner work as well as the "right and left" of reality on a mailing list, but how can you really work on yourself without a physical school? Furthermore, you say that the school is based on the "Cassiopaean initiatory teachings"- are these practical techniques like self-observation? Finally, the school seems to be based on developing the right "circuit" to transduce the energy of the wave. Does this circuit translate into anything in fourth way terminology, such as the higher centers or bodies, or is it FRV? Any help is much appreciated.

Questions about the QFS

Who is the teacher (Laura, Ark, Cassiopaeans)?
Yes

Also, as I understand it, the QFS is merely a group of co-linear people who discuss their inner work as well as the "right and left" of reality on a mailing list, but how can you really work on yourself without a physical school?
I recommend you read the material on the websites, then you will discover 'how'.

are these practical techniques like self-observation?
Refer to previous answer

Does this circuit translate into anything in fourth way terminology, such as the higher centers or bodies, or is it FRV?
Yes to the former. FRV is a different, though related concept,

Questions about the QFS

starsailor said:
I recommend you read the material on the websites, then you will discover 'how'.
Could you cite some specific articles? I haven't delved into the QFS material.

What is FRV?

Thanks,

Joshua

Questions about the QFS

Joshua said:
starsailor said:
Could you cite some specific articles? I haven't delved into the QFS material.

What is FRV?

Thanks,

Joshua
Joshua, start with the QFG sitemap. The material on the website literally means everything on there, although you should probably start with The Cassiopaea Experiment, The Adventures with Cassiopaea and The Wave Series.

There is also the Cassiopaea Glossary. Here's definition of FRV (Frequency Resonance Vibration):

The term frequency generally means the number of repetitions of a repeating event within a period of time. The word vibration generally refers to an oscillating, repeating motion. Resonance occurs when a vibration in one system triggers a vibration of the same frequency in another system. Systems can have one or more 'resonant frequencies' at which frequencies they have a tendency to vibrate.

In common New Age parlance, vibration or vibe means a sort of psychic impression, the feel of a person or situation. High frequency connotates goodness or spiritual value, low frequency is dirty, unclear, sticky, vulgar, maybe violent and selfish. One feels a resonance or resonates with something when this something, whether person or information, somehow feels right or true or personally relevant.

In the Cassiopaea material, FRV is a property of a person that has to do with the person's alignment or intrinsic nature. FRV can tend towards service to others or service to self.

FRV is itself not immutable. The FRV of a person may change as a result of influences. If a person is in proximity to another who has a different FRV, there can occur forced resonance where the two start resonating at the same frequency. Still, one has a constitutional predisposition to resonate at some frequencies more than at others.

FRV is not directly coupled to knowledge or intellectual capacity. Still, knowledge and intellectual capacity facilitate work on one's FRV. They allow one to discern between STS and STO and to make corresponding choices, thus heading towards one or the other end. FRV is essentially an indication of an emotional path.

It is possible that the terms of frequency and vibration have a literal meaning in a hyperdimensional context involving a person's alignment with a thought center. If this is so, the phenomenon is not perceived by us in this manner, except allegorically.
In regard to Kesdjan's questions, I'd recommend looking also at the Esoterica section of the sitemap. There are also some interesting threads here in the forum under the Work category.

Questions about the QFS

Thanks Craig, appreciate the input. Yea, the "whole website", that's going to be tough.

In a sane world this material would be Ph.D level work. I'm going to have to make the time and energy as I"m
bored with all the 'Man behind the curtain' analysis, though that is not to be as criticism towards
those whose efforts are stellar in explaining how the 'Man behind the curtain' works.

Thanks,
Joshua

Questions about the QFS

Kesdjan said:
Also, as I understand it, the QFS is merely a group of co-linear people who discuss their inner work as well as the "right and left" of reality on a mailing list, but how can you really work on yourself without a physical school?
Everyday life is quite a school, no?

Questions about the QFS

Craig said:
Joshua, start with the QFG sitemap.
Alternatively, use http://quantumfuture.net/site_map_qfg.htm

For some reason I can't get to anything cassiopaea.org anymore. I believe my ISP may be blocking it.
When I go via a proxy (http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html) I *can* get to it.

Dominique.

Questions about the QFS

Kesdjan said:
You say that the that the quantum future school is a fourth way school, which would imply it has a conscious teacher. Who is the teacher (Laura, Ark, Cassiopaeans)?
Although I'm not a QFS member, judging by the dynamic of casschat and this forum, I think the teaching process is the same, which is that the group is the conscious teacher. When there are a number of different perspectives given in a sincere environment, it seems that the distilling process resulting works as a 'conscious teacher.'

Questions about the QFS

Kesdjan,

Great questions and good advice from others here.

But for me, the real prize is discovering that great Goethe quote! It will be the perfect "book-end" for another of his I "happened" to read on a quote-a-day calendar at work 12 years ago (good thing it wasn't printed on a Saturday or Sunday or my entire universe would've branched differently!):

"AS SOON AS YOU TRUST YOURSELF, YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO LIVE"

It seemed kind of trite at first, but still, it captivated me "for some reason." It became my multi-leveled, mysterious mantra. It was as if Goethe's "seed" of truth took root in me. Gradually swelling, the seed finally burst and sprouted out of the darkness five years ago -- destroying "me" so "I" could emerge into the light.

This bursting forth was certainly not consciously sought, that's for sure -- for it was terrifying and traumatic at times! Since then, continued reflection upon this quote has lead me to discover more and more subtle means of "trusting" myself. Have you noticed how Truth is the "Swiss Army Knife" of the universe with a 1001 uses? No matter what particulars I need to tell clients (I'm a psychologist), Goethe's wisdom becomes the essence of my advice -- for it is the essence of everything!

In "The Chilbolton Crop Circle" article, the C's say, "We are compiling an almanac as well as a manual for the entire Terran population there. The reason we are doing this, is that there are millions who want to know the answers on the eve of the Grand Cycle Transformation. However, there are precious few that have CHOSEN (my emphasis) to try this form of communication, thus opening up a conduit." Here, they seem to indicate anyone could potentially channel to access truth.

But in essence, isn't that just what Laura did? As soon as she trusted herself "in the future," she began knowing how to live. And for that we're all grateful.

So, it follows, that as soon as we learn how to recognize, listen to, and trust ourselves -- confirmed by taking actions that often lead us to that elusive joy of "finding" ourselves -- then we will know how to live.

Then we'll even more richly know that: Truth sets us free. Knowledge protects. Learning is fun.

Questions about the QFS

Kesdjan said:
You say that the that the quantum future school is a fourth way school.
I think one very important aspect of the Fourth Way (which in this day and age is more important then ever) is in one of Gurdjieffs Aphorisms that was written on the wall of the Study House at the Prieuré: http://www.gurdjieff.org/aphorisms.htm

"If you have not by nature a critical mind your staying here is useless".

So a critical network of individuals exercising critical thinking is essential in Fourth Way work.

Also, below are listed some links about Fourth Way work:

From http://www.cassiopaea.org/

We sometimes ask ourselves if the Cassiopaeans are who they say they are, because we do not take anything as unquestionable truth. We take everything with a grain of salt, even if we consider that there is a good chance that it is truth. We are constantly analyzing this material as well as a great quantity of other material that comes to our attention from numerous fields of science and mysticism. We find it to be quite extraordinary that the Cassiopaean Material is so closely aligned with the teachings of the great Sufi master, Ibn Al-'Arabi, with the Fourth Way Teachings of Gurdjieff, Castaneda, with the Esoteric Christianity of Boris Mouravieff, and even ancient Altaic Shamanism. In this sense, the Cassiopaean Experiment is truly a Fourth Way work.
Anthony Blake from the Duversity speaks of the Fourth Way as follows:
http://www.duversity.org/ideas/4thway.html

The idea of the fourth way is strongly associated with Gurdjieff, who appears to have been the first to use this phrase. The bulk of his discussion of this idea is to be found in Ouspensky's record of his teaching in Russia, In Search of the Miraculous. In his own writings, the idea is implicit but never mentioned as such (this is similar to his teaching on the enneagram). In Russia, he referred to three traditional ways:

Way of the Fakir, involving effort in the body
Way of the Monk, involving devotion and concentration of feeling
Way of the Yogi, involving largely mental attention.

In the fourth way, effort is made in all three: body, feeling and mind. This is harmonious development, as in Gurdjieff's Institute for the Harmonious Development of Man. To some degree, his series of movements or 'sacred gymnastics' epitomised this approach (in the learning of them rather than their performance). His inner exercises, insofar as these are reported, usually involved an act of mental concentration combined with physical effort; the feelings are also involved but spontaneously in the 'I am' state.

As with the other ways, the fourth requires its own kind of social organisation. How this has been interpreted has varied from group to group. However, in contrast with the traditional ways, the fourth does not require separation from conditions of ordinary life. Indeed, Gurdjieff often indicated that these conditions were ideal, especially in times of turmoil, for the 'awakening' process that he so strongly advocated and which is integral to the effectiveness of the fourth way. At the same time, work with others of like mind is essential.

Some of the reasons for this are:

(a) Different types of people see the same thing differently and thus a group working together can get an all round understanding (this is only valid if the 'work group' contains enough diversity, which is often not the case).

(b) Differences between people can lead to useful 'friction' providing energy for inner work. It should be noted here that the latter consideration has led to considerable indulgence in negativity amongst Gurdjieff groups, and it must be remembered that such friction, to be useful, must be entirely voluntarily entertained and intelligent. Gurdjieff also said: 'In the fourth way there are many teachers'. This belongs to the same requirement for diversity of vision. In the fourth way here should not be adherence to ritual, blind obedience or pursuit of a single idea, but understanding.

The fourth way is also the way of the sly man. Of him, Gurdjieff said that if he needs to obtain an inner result, he simply 'takes a pill'. To obtain the same results the traditional ways would take days, weeks, months. The pill in question is probably not a psychotropic drug but a capsule of 'intentional suffering'.

Why would the fourth way be introduced in this time and, is it something new? To answer the last question first, it is probably not; but, every time it is introduced it has to take a new expression. To a large extent, Idries Shah claimed that Sufism incorporated Gurdjieff's idea of the fourth way; but it is common to find explanations for the sources of Gurdjieff's ideas from whatever tradition one upholds. However, the Sufi idea of 'being in the world but not of it' strikes a resonance with the fourth way. To answer why it was introduced at this time is not easy. There are suggestions that, in this time of rapid transition and exceeding turmoil, new impulses need to enter humanity and these cannot be transmitted fast enough through the traditional ways.

This is problematic. There are no clear cut indications from Gurdjieff about the relation between 'fourth way people' and the rest of humanity. At the same time, we assume that Gurdjieff being an intelligent man did not believe that his ideas were the sole source of fourth way initiative in the world. One of the models for Gurdjieff's own endeavour is provided by Arnold Toynbee's concept of 'creative groups' that withdraw and concentrate and then re-enter their civilisations with new ideas and impulses.

The practice of the fourth way seems to require a special very adaptable know-how and cannot be followed by adherence to any set of standard procedures. Needless to say, the form of the fourth way has become ossified in many groups which have settled into a pattern of working together that has its roots in previous experience. But, if understanding is crucial to this way, then it must be creative and find ways of challenging itself. Understanding requires conditions of uncertainty, change, diversity and challenge. We believe that this understanding is not at all the same as seeking to understand what Mr Gurdjieff meant. In the literature, reference is made to the critical transformative step called the 'second conscious shock'. It is said that this must always and in every case be unique.

This leads us to suppose that there is a whole class of approaches similar to the fourth way which exhibit various degrees of uniqueness and specificity. In this context, we need to develop our own way in every moment.

The fourth way is associated with the term 'work', which had great appeal in terms of the Protestant ethic. This term refers to conscious efforts by an individual to change herself and also the whole 'enabling means' that makes this possible, sometimes called 'The Work'. The 'work' divides into three aspects: (1) work for oneself; (2) work for the group; (3) work for the greater whole (the 'world', the 'Work', even 'God').
From the Cassiopaea glossary http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=1

4th Way - Generally, the term refers to a body of teaching on the possible spiritual development of man, introduced to the Western culture by George Gurdjieff in the first half of the 20th century. P. D. Ouspensky, a contemporary and student of Gurdjieff, has brought many aspects of the teaching to a condensed form in the book 'In Search of the Miraculous.' Within the 4th Way teaching, the term 4th Way is a path of spiritual development set apart from the 3 traditional ways, these being the Way of the Fakir, emphasizing the mastery of the physical body, the Way of the Monk, emphasizing mastery of emotions, and the Way of the Yogi, which emphasizes discipline of the mind. These different ways or approaches to spiritual development generally correspond to the three types of man, see 'Man'
The 4th Way differs from these in that it seeks to simultaneously develop all three sides and to do so in the environment of ordinary life, whereas the three first ways all require from the beginning a complete abandoning of daily life and a seclusion into a monastic environment. The 4th Way is sometimes therefore called the way of the 'sly man.' All the 4 ways may lead to the same understandings and may bring their practitioner from the 'outer circle' of humanity to the 'exoteric' and later 'mesoteric' and 'esoteric' circles .

The 4th Way teaching starts from the premise that man is essentially mechanical and free will and true consciousness and freedom are only seldom realized possibilities. In the normal state man is subject to circumstance and passes his life in a state of sleep.

Central concepts of the 4th Way include: Little I's, Doing, Being, Identification, Self-Remembering, Centers, Man 1, 2, and 3, Fusion (of 'Iron filings'), Worlds, Hydrogens, Food for the Moon.

While the form of the 3 first Ways is relatively constant, the 4th Way and 4th Way schools appear and disappear according to need, in a form appropriate to the time. The 4th Way work appears for accomplishing a specific esoteric task, as times may require.

Ouspensky's In Search of the Miraculous is probably the most concise and structured presentation of the background and precepts of the 4th Way. Gurdjieff's Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson, Meetings with Remarkable Men and Life is Only Real then when I Am are the main works of Gurdjieff himself.

The QFS sees Gurdjieff as a teacher of central importance in recent times and often refers to his work. Gurdjieff is seen as a trailblazer who was far ahead of his time but who had to hide behind allegory many things of which the QFS speaks directly. This is specially true of the concept of 'food for the moon,' i.e. the manner in which hyperdimensional entities manage humankind as a farmer would manage sheep. Gurdjieff's concepts of cosmology, mankind's sleep , need for awakening of consciousness etc are generally compatible with the Cassiopaea material although the terminology differs.

Questions about the QFS

Shane said:
Kesdjan said:
You say that the that the quantum future school is a fourth way school, which would imply it has a conscious teacher. Who is the teacher (Laura, Ark, Cassiopaeans)?
Although I'm not a QFS member, judging by the dynamic of casschat and this forum, I think the teaching process is the same, which is that the group is the conscious teacher. When there are a number of different perspectives given in a sincere environment, it seems that the distilling process resulting works as a 'conscious teacher.'
I agree very much with Shane. I also think that while Laura, Ark, and the C's transmissions are the key 'ingredients', others such as the SOTT team and QFG-group are other well needed 'ingredients' in this metaphorical cauldron we call "school."

What I am trying to say is that I think at a certain level, we all learn from each other, when we all sincerely do the necessary 'Work' on the self. We learn, and we share the information we learn with others, we re-adjust to new input along the way and try and achieve the highest level of objectivity.

And although I agree that a "physical" school where we learn from each other face-to-face is a very great learning experience, I find that networking with individual on forums, has its own ups.

I have to admit that this place has truly become like a school for me. More than just school though- it is like a second home. And the people in this group are like family to me. I wake up every day and the first thing on my mind is the group and what is going on SOTT. I try to keep up with all the activity going on in this site, and there is a lot, so it keeps me very busy. I have come to 'know' certain members by interacting with them, and I find that to be an amazing thing. And if I can't ever meet them in person, I don't care- because I'm just happy I know 'of' them. It brings joy to me knowing that there is others who think like I do, and who want peace and objective truth.

Nina

Questions about the QFS

knowledge of self said:
I have to admit that this place has truly become like a school for me. More than just school though- it is like a second home. And the people in this group are like family to me. I wake up every day and the first thing on my mind is the group and what is going on SOTT. I try to keep up with all the activity going on in this site, and there is a lot, so it keeps me very busy. I have come to 'know' certain members by interacting with them, and I find that to be an amazing thing. And if I can't ever meet them in person, I don't care- because I'm just happy I know 'of' them. It brings joy to me knowing that there is others who think like I do, and who want peace and objective truth.
When I log on to SOTT forum I nearly always read something that is at first outragous then challenging. When I post I may get no response or I may be pummeled. My long held dark suspicions of this world are open for discussion and debate here. Creeping uncertainties are dragged in to light to be examined. What fun!

Hello

I have just applied to join the QFS. One requirement is "three months in active participation on the public cassiopaea forum, casschat". I have tried to visit a forum with link from a main menu on QFS web page to http://www.cassiopaea.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi, but it seems to be down.

Can somebody please advise on where I am able to discuss the wave articles? Maybe this SOTT forum is new "casschat"?

That's what's on my mind...

Rgds

Ri

QFS Forum?

ri said:
Hello

I have just applied to join the QFS. One requirement is "three months in active participation on the public cassiopaea forum, casschat". I have tried to visit a forum with link from a main menu on QFS web page to http://www.cassiopaea.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi, but it seems to be down.

Can somebody please advise on where I am able to discuss the wave articles? Maybe this SOTT forum is new "casschat"?

That's what's on my mind...

Rgds

Ri
Hello Ri.

I think that it is ok to discuss the wave articles here on the SOTT forum, but, maybe it is not, moderators will know.

QFS Forum?

Hello ri. I think you are supposed to be active on Casschat mailing list or SOTT forum for three months before you apply to QFS. Anyway, yes, here is a good place to discuss The Wave series, as well as many other materials.

For a start, it would be nice, if you could introduce yourself to forum members.

Back
Top Bottom