Quantum Future School

MrGullible said:
Is there a page or post that describes what the Quantum Future School is and what its goals are? I just saw reference to it in "Depression As A Stepping Stone" that I started reading but I couldn't find it in the glossary. I have always assumed that Quantum Future Group is Laura, Ark, and a close knit group that has been together for a long time, but I don't know anything about the school.

Thanks

Try this link which spells it all out.

http://quantumfuture.net/quantum_future/institute.htm

The crux of it I suppose is this section

Yet, as the ancient stories tell us, it seems that during such critical times, there is a hope that an equivalent of the Ark of Noah can be built by common efforts of those who have pure hearts and the will to make every effort for supporting the search for the Truth.

Networking together, all over the world, sharing data and knowledge, brainstorming, setting short and long-term research projects, providing the necessary logistics - all that needs a formal and a material structure - The Quantum Future Institute, which, in the future can grow into a New Platonic Academy of Advanced Knowledge. The new and unique factor in this institution would be the marriage of the scientific and esoteric principles, balanced and intertwined.

Various mystical and philosophical doctrines stress the necessity of "Know thyself" principle; stress the role of consciousness and the fact that there are unlimited resources of knowledge and wisdom within ourselves. While we agree with these principles, at the same time we also urgently stress the fact that today this is not enough! In fact this was the main error of the Gnostics, and of the followers of the Fourth Way as taught by Gurdjieff and Ouspensky.

Working on one's-self is not enough if it is not accompanied by an effective external action. Pure meditation without the effective action is delusional and detrimental in today's reality. Man is a machine, but man is not ONLY a machine. The New Man, the man of the Future must develop those faculties which are not mechanistic, which allow him to use the greatest gift ever given to him - Free Will Through Expanded Consciousness.

Thanks, Johnno. I read the link and that clarifies somewhat. I'll at least understand the references I run across :)

You can contact me privately about QFS - or any of the moderators - who will forward your request to me. At the present time, we are considering requests on a case by case basis.

Laura, I sent a copy of my application to you and anart, but I have no idea if either of you have received it. After I clicked "send" I received no message that it was indeed sent.

Did you receive it? If not, where else should I send it?

Webglider, you sent your private message at 16:48 (my time) and the above message is posted at 16:56... a delay of perhaps 8 minutes. If you had the patience to wait a day or two - or, in this case a few hours - you would have known that your message was, indeed received. I responded to it before I even checked forum posts.

Just a little hint that perhaps learning some patience might be in order.

Hmm. Each time I try to find the application, this pops up:

The requested URL /qfs/qfs_apply.htm was not found on this server.

Another that comes up is "not authorized to view this page". :huh:

Or is this a sign I need to read more? ;)

Gimpy, did you not read Laura's post - only five posts below? :huh:

Laura said:
You can contact me privately about QFS - or any of the moderators - who will forward your request to me. At the present time, we are considering requests on a case by case basis.

anart said:
Gimpy, did you not read Laura's post - only five posts below? :huh:

Laura said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*wipes eyes*

Man, anart.....can I be thick-headed or what?

Sheesh!!! Never mind....

Laura said:

Is this still the correct procedure?

Thor said:
Laura said:

Is this still the correct procedure?

No. We have moved all QFS work to the forum here. By being a member, having read the forum guidelines and clicking to join, you are basically there already!

Laura,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know how you manage but you're always answering straight away. It gives me a feeling of being welcome and that is much appreciated :)

As to the QFS being moved to the Forum, I'll just continue along my learning and hope to be able to contribute along the way.

what is QFS?

searched google and this forum but did't come up with a clear answer.

what does QFS stand for?

Re: what is QFS?

Hi shinjiku,

QFS stands for Quantum Future School. Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom