Questions from Russia

yngvi

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello, I address you with empathy and hope.

I will formulate four questions.
The first question seems much more important to me. This question is very short, but to it I will write a commentary of several paragraphs; it clarifies the question.
The answers to other questions is also curious, but not as important.

1) It remains a big mystery to me why cassiopeans say so many good words about Putin.

Through your work, people learn about what makes them think and makes their hearts respond. However, there is something that seems like a contradiction to people living in Russia. I would like to resolve this contradiction.

Living in Russia, I see that the theses of pro-Putin propaganda are sooner or later refuted, while the flow of news from neutral or opposition sources is so great that it would require enormous resources to artificially fabricate it, and such news is refuted much less frequently. In addition, the participants in these news stories are sometimes people I know.

For many years I have seen the corruption that entangles all of Russian society, and it is happening under Putin. Corruption serves as the basis for the formation of neo-feudalism in Russian society, it is beginning to resemble what it was in the 18th-19th centuries. If Putin is so good, why is it indifferent to him? As I see it, Putin is encouraging a no-alternative hierarchy based on ridiculous ego ambitions for the upper echelons of this hierarchy. It seems to me that people will be more distracted by ridiculous activity under this form of social structure, and that will be bad for them.

As a person living in Russia, I would like to believe in a "better Russia," but over the past ten years there has been little left of this belief. Now it seems to me that Russia is about to collapse.

2) Who is behind such "insider information sources" as "General SVR" and Valery Solovey, who have been spreading the word that Vladimir Putin has cancer and Alzheimer's disease since late 2019? I am reminded of The Economist's 2020 cover, stylized as an eye chart, with the letter combination "nightingalerussia." (The surname "Solovey" literally translates as "nightingale") Valery Solovey calls himself an "associate member of a powerful organization" and worked in Great Britain for a while.

3) Why did Alexei Navalny return to Russia? It was obvious that nothing good awaited him here. Was his return related to the fact that he had been invited with his family to Joe Biden's "inauguration" and wanted to avoid attending it?

4) What is Navalny's motivation? Is it different from the motivation of the people on his team?

I (and probably many others in Russia who are interested in your project) would very much like to see these questions asked, especially the first one.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom