“Racism” in sports

Henchman 21

Jedi Master
I’m not sure this belongs in this category for discussion but I’m going to put it here for now. Mods feel free to move it to a different area if it fits better there. The reason I put this here is because I think the media is unintentionally falsely coming to a conclusion about the state of the western world based on the actions of some truly terrible people who just want to win and we all suffering for this.
Hello sports fans and also non sports fans. I’m here to posit a new way of looking at racial abuse from fans directed at athletes. My goal is to explain that what is usually perceived as racism, because it is, is actually something different, albeit worse. I am going to be focusing mostly on European football (soccer, but specifically in Europe) as my main argument lies in the idea that this sport in this particular area seems to have the largest amount of perceived racism and I think I know why and I don’t think racism is the culprit but rather a chosen mode.
Europe has an image problem with fan relations with pro players, it has for a long time. Anyone who has paid attention to the sport knows that some fans will abuse players verbally on the pitch, social media, and even throw bananas at black players from the stands. Anyone who pays attention to the sport knows this but why soccer and why Europe? I think I can sum it up rather quickly after spending the last year battling covid virtue signalers and social justice morons. Oh the abuse they will give and all for the goal of being perceived as righteous.
Ok, so why soccer and why Europe? Well European soccer has some old traditions. To be a supporter of a club is often a multigenerational affair. London has at least 10 prominent clubs that date back well over 100 years. That’s an awful lot of history and if you have been a lifelong fan of a club then your loyalty to your club might very well be akin to a hyper religious cult. What are you willing to do for your cause? Would you threaten harm, dox someone, maybe beat up a member of an opposing cult? For most of these clubs there exists a radical element, often called hooligans who would gladly do just that. Hooligans are just SJWs for sport (change my mind😅).
What is the hooligan’s job? Well other than their 9-5 it is their job to give their team any advantage they can while also beating holy hell out of their rivals version of the same. So it should come as no surprise that their job would be to “get in the head” of the opposition at any cost. When a black player receives a racist “tweet” or has banana thrown at him is this racism? Yes, but it might not even be coming from someone who is racist. It’s probably coming from someone who is just trying to get a player out of their element to give their team an advantage. Don’t get me wrong these people are some of the worst that society has to offer and thanks to covid, SJW causes, and radical leftism in general I’ve actual seen this behavior repeated over and over against me and tons of other people.
Anyway thanks for listening, I hope I helped.
I think that I am at least on to something since I have not seen this in American soccer nearly as much (I might be able to come up with 3 examples but I’d have to look into it to find) and America is like super duper racist and stuff 🤣. So this isn’t coming from racist culture, but rather tribal culture of win at all cost, ie hooliganism, SJW, or whatever team your willing to commit atrocities for.

This is interesting - don’t know much about soccer, but I have seen Green Street Hooligans so I have a frame of reference.

I like that you called it a “mode.”

So we have one part of humanity engaged in perpetual crying out for those who have suffered traumas a, b, and c.

We have another part of humanity that decides to roll with that ( TPTB.) So they take notes on which traumas are most popular, ie more urgent.

Then we have a large number of people who take in the messaging and start to pay attention: how close and how frequent are these trauma points?

And we have the “bad actors,” who don’t really care about anything or anyone, but have a new arsenal of mentally explosive weapons to use to manipulate each section of the population (in this case, using racial tension to help their club win a match.)

And the criers out, TPTB, and the large number of people getting their moral and societal footing recognize this “pattern” of bad behavior and chalk it up to the presupposed problem, not the bad actor.

I put pattern in quotes because, while the viewer of this incident hasn’t necessarily observed authentic racism in their daily life, they work under the assumption of constancy given by out criers and TPTB working in conjunction (probably unbeknownst to the out criers.) I hope that makes sense.

Maybe the sustainability system for ponerology?

Last edited:
I have seen a few news items in the past year or so that have caught my attention as ridiculous.

Edinson Cavani, forward of Man Untd. posted something saying "te quiero mucho negrito" (or something like that) which was enough for him to get sanctioned, because the FA decided to take an endearing expression of care and familiarity, not in english, out of context and call it racist, and even after the whole thing was clarified, they still maintained some sanctions on him or something.

That was the best example I could find of the lunacy of the whole effort: "Racism is unacceptable!" "But that wasn't racist" "Well... still, someone could interpret it as such somehow, so it's unacceptable"

And it works in the same way as it does in film and television, someone comes up with a vague definition of racism or sexism or whatever and those who have a vested interest in such definition being a reality, spend all their time looking for it in the most obscure places. And it has to be profitable, I read that the BLM founder just bought a few million dollar homes, I would guess the same is true in Europe. Someone is hiding a vast industry behind supposed compassion, much like the green economy is run.

So what we see in Soccer or football in Europe is more of the same we have seen everywhere else in the West, it won't be long before someone forces teams to have a diversity quota and the quality of play drops dramatically, just as we have seen it happen in academia and entertainment.

As to why football? well, it's the most popular sport on the planet, a better platform to push an agenda can't be asked for.

I have seen a few news items in the past year or so that have caught my attention as ridiculous.

Edinson Cavani, forward of Man Untd. posted something saying "te quiero mucho negrito" (or something like that) which was enough for him to get sanctioned, because the FA decided to take an endearing expression of care and familiarity, not in english, out of context and call it racist, and even after the whole thing was clarified, they still maintained some sanctions on him or something.

That was the best example I could find of the lunacy of the whole effort: "Racism is unacceptable!" "But that wasn't racist" "Well... still, someone could interpret it as such somehow, so it's unacceptable"

And it works in the same way as it does in film and television, someone comes up with a vague definition of racism or sexism or whatever and those who have a vested interest in such definition being a reality, spend all their time looking for it in the most obscure places. And it has to be profitable, I read that the BLM founder just bought a few million dollar homes, I would guess the same is true in Europe. Someone is hiding a vast industry behind supposed compassion, much like the green economy is run.

So what we see in Soccer or football in Europe is more of the same we have seen everywhere else in the West, it won't be long before someone forces teams to have a diversity quota and the quality of play drops dramatically, just as we have seen it happen in academia and entertainment.

As to why football? well, it's the most popular sport on the planet, a better platform to push an agenda can't be asked for.
Oh yes. Any “racist” angle will be used.

Clearly many pro sport leagues are racist. They need quotas for more racial equity. More black and Asian ice hockey players. More white, asian and Hispanic basketball players. Reductio ad absurdum.

Does racism actually exist ?

If you look into the eyes of your mother and father and they are white ... do you not then prefer white people? If all your kin, your nation your culture, all the wise people funny people neighbours and images from history are all white ... do you not prefer white people.

Anyone who then says that they prefer Phillipino people is ... not telling the truth.

We all prefer the faces of our parents.

Slavery

Was "slavery" actually a bad thing?
When European people set sail to foreign lands they were being independent, moving on from the feudal world.
It was the beginning of the legal system of individuals.
The beginning of individuality.
And they needed help.
The white sailors were often pressganged, slaves themselves.
They took risks they died of diseases on the voyage.
And the black slaves were already slaves in Africa, from low caste blacks.
So they had little opportunity in Africa.
But today because of "slavery" their descendants rule over much of the Carribean and live in America the richest country on the Earth.
What happened to those who weren't taken on the ships to the West Indies and remained in Africa as low caste slaves?
So ... was this slavery really bad?

In the Spanish Inquisition, prisoners in Spanish jails begged to be put in the Inquisition prisons because they were run by the Church and had much better prospects. The Spanish jails had a death rate of 10%. Meaning 1 in 10 prisoners died. But the Church's jails were much better.
Don't hear that very often do you !!!!

We can all talk about how bad everything is .... compared to a world of endless riches.
But we don't live in a world of endless riches.
We live in a real world, with resources, laws, nations, people, corruption and the need ... to eat.

Mostly what society discusses is total nonsense.
It is nonsense to such an extent ... that you start to question if anything you know is meaningful, apart from the knowledge you have gained with your own hands and your own eyes.
And as you are unsure of anything ... the miraculous is quite likely to be possible.

The day I die all the people of the Earth will still be discussing nonsense with a straight face.

Back
Top Bottom