Random trip to Hilton Head, S.C. USA

Mark7

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I got an opportunity to spend a few days at a resort in Hilton Head with a friend. With everything going on I wasn't sure I would be able to relax or enjoy the trip. Traveling by air is always stressful these days, but I took a chance and adopted a grateful, non-anticipatory attitude and a posture of alertness.

It was nice. Nice to see the sandy soil of SC again, the moss, lizards, the beach, little 'gators, dolphins, and some weird horseshoe crabs.
There's a palatable 'laid-backness' in the deep south - "the lowlands".

20220518_182241_Film1.jpg

20220518_184409_Film1.jpg

20220516_102504_Film1.jpg

I have never seen horseshoe crabs before - and it struck me how ancient, (and weird) these particular critters are.

Dolphins

Last edited:
I have never seen horseshoe crabs before - and it struck me how ancient, (and weird) these particular critters are.
I've only ever seen the shells. Your vid shows one using its pointed "tail" to right itself after getting tossed upside down by a wave. My family has vacationed since the fifties at Myrtle Beach, but haven't been for a while. We stayed all along the Grand Strand, north to south, over the years. It's changed a lot since our first visits as kids. Thanks for the pics and vids and glad you had a nice respite.

That's right down the road from me :) Did you fly into Charleston International Airport? You should check out downtown Charleston next time you visit. You could probably spend a day or two seeing the historic areas, bridge, Yorktown, and plantations.

Back
Top Bottom