'Rape victims can be partly responsible for their ordeal'

mada85

The Cosmic Force
I came across this on the UK Daily Mail website. I need a sick bag.

It's yet another pathological view of sexual violence. This woman, Barbara Hewson, who made the statement used as the title of this thread, is a human rights and civil liberties barrister in London. More proof, if more were needed, that pathological thinking has infected even the most well-intentioned organisations.

'Rape victims can be partly responsible for their ordeal' says top woman barrister

Daily Mail said:
Rape victims can be partly responsible for what happened to them, according to a leading lawyer.

Barbara Hewson, a human rights and civil liberties barrister at London's Hardwicke Chambers, challenged the idea that 'the victim is utterly innocent and the victimiser is utterly guilty'.

Miss Hewson, who describes herself on Twitter as 'not for the easily offended', suggested that people who are raped can have a 'moral responsibility' for the crime, even though the law says that rape is only ever the fault of the rapist.

A 'moral responsibility'? What kind of twisted so-called morals does this Barbara Hewson possess?

Daily Mail said:
She also questioned whether 'claims of victimisation must always be respected', according to The Daily Telegraph.

Miss Hewson, 52, made the comments during a debate with other legal professionals at the London School of Economics on Wednesday, entitled 'Is Rape Different?'

She said: 'We need to make a distinction between legal responsibility and moral responsibility.

'The law does not attribute any responsibility now to the victim of rape whereas traditionally we know the judge would say when they came to sentence "well she was contributorally [sic] negligent" or something like that.'

While outlining what she views as the received wisdom when discussing, Miss Hewson dismissed the idea 'that it's morally absolutely unambiguous, the victim is utterly innocent and the victimiser is utterly guilty and this is infinitesimal. And finally that claims of victimisation must always be respected, anything less is victim-blaming.'

The responsibility for sexual violence lies with the perpetrator. Always.

This and the definition of pedophilia being labeled a 'sexual orientation' in the last few days......I have no words. :shock:
Comets - we needs comets.

These are the kinds of things that will draw an extinction level event on the collective head of humanity. Those 'perspectives' are so anti-human that there really is a strong case for the human experiment having gone seriously awry and needing to be set back to zero.

These, as well as the information coming on the Dutroux thread, and yes I can see the 'divine logic' behind cataclysms.

RedFox said:
This and the definition of pedophilia being labeled a 'sexual orientation' in the last few days......I have no words. :shock:

I agree. This is a depraved mind saying these things! It does seem that the psychopaths are really trying to cover their behinds so that they can continue their atrocities and having them be more tolerated by humans.

Really disgusting. Not even playing would feel/say something like that (is very difficult to try to "feel" or think like a psychopath or pathological). The lack of humanity is very tangible. You guys must be right and this is a demonstration of the need for cataclysms :cry:

Nienna said:
RedFox said:

I agree. This is a depraved mind saying these things! It does seem that the psychopaths are really trying to cover their behinds so that they can continue their atrocities and having them be more tolerated by humans.
Very true.

Unbelievable! Taking "blame the victim" to new levels by the "slippery" language and thought process.

Pity! This can only come from a pathological mind as a normal human can't just understand the logic behind such opinion! And apparently, she doesn't even explain why the vuctim is morally responsible of the rape! Talk about a twisted view of reality!

Perceval said:
These are the kinds of things that will draw an extinction level event on the collective head of humanity. Those 'perspectives' are so anti-human that there really is a strong case for the human experiment having gone seriously awry and needing to be set back to zero.

Yes, there is no other way, although I wish there was.

The way these predators play with language, using terms like sexual orientation or minor-attracted people or pedophilia is devious. And it is only getting worse very fast.
I was actually thinking yesterday that the Universe had been very patient until now. Humanity as a whole still had the time to change. But if I look at the number of parents that don't even respond to the news that preying on children is now called a sexual orientation, well then, what can you do?

This kind of things make me so mad. It's absolutely disgusting. :barf:

Perceval said:

I totally agree.

If a woman says no, its no. What's so hard to understand about that?

But perhaps all this has to do with the lawyer's mindset. They are led by the interests of the case at hand and rely mainly on their intellectual centre, not their emotional centre. The intellect has no inherent morality of its own and can be made to do pretty much anything.

Back
Top Bottom