regarding homesteading

SolarMother

Dagobah Resident
I was not sure where to post this...
I am not able to be online often, so any reply sent soon will be much appreciated!
I just finished reading what the C's said in the 9/11 section of the forum which is dated mostly 1994...99. I am not sure what the session # is.
Below is the quote. My question is, do the C's still say this moving to rural areas, forming community and storing food (etc) is "disinformation? 3D garbage?" I have not been enjoying living this way--primitively, with very little cash. We have no electricity, scarce work opportunities. Sometimes is feels really BAD, sometimes it feels good.
Some on the forum have replied to me that in living this way (homesteading) we are ahead of the game in a way, as many more may have to live this way soon (more or less what has been said.) But the C's have said that living this way this is disinformation? Or was it disinformation at the time of the session? And they have said that "it doesn't matter where you live, but who you are and what you see." I resonated with this. So, then, are cities to become more dangerous, or is this also disinformation, 3D garbage? I would love to hear what anyone has to offer on this and if possible the C's take on this in 2010.

Q: (L) Several books I have read have advised moving to rural areas and forming groups and storing food etc...
A: Disinformation. Get rid of this once and for all. That is 3rd level garbage.

[and, the sentence above in context here...I really DO understand what is being said below...]

Q: (L) Even if we moved to Guyana and built a log hut in the rain forest and didn't bother anybody, we'd still get sucked into this thing?
A: Laura you will feel the effect of the Lizard beings desperate push for total control no matter where you go.
Q: (L) That is inexpressibly depressing. Do you understand?
A: Why? Change will follow.
Q: (L) Will it follow soon?
A: You are slipping a bit. Refer to Literature "Bringers of the Dawn". Challenge will be ecstasy if viewed with proper perspective which is not, we repeat: not of third level reality, understand?
Q: (L) In the reference cited, Joan of Arc is described as feeling ecstatic while burning at the stake. Is that what you mean?
A: Sort of, but you need not burn at the stake.
Q: (L) That's small comfort. There's other ways to die.
A: We are not speaking of death, Laura. If you listen to those who are firmly rooted in 3rd level this is when you run the risk of slipping in your knowledge learned no matter how good the intentions.
Q: (L) What do you mean "Challenge will be ecstasy"? What sort of challenge?
A: Living through the turmoil ahead.

Q: (L) Several books I have read have advised moving to rural areas and forming groups and storing food etc...
A: Disinformation. Get rid of this once and for all. That is 3rd level garbage.

Q: (L) We feel pretty helpless at the mercy of beings who can come in and feed off of us at will. Do we have someone on our side, pulling for our team, throwing us energy or something?
A: Who do you think you have been communicating with?
Q: (L) Are you going to be able to assist us through this turmoil?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Are you going to?
A: Up to you.
Q: (L) If we call, can we get your assistance?
A: All you have to do is ask.

Solarmother, hopefully others will be able to shed intelligent thought on your question, but I wanted to tell you I've been thinking LOTS about this subject. I live in the north part of a huge city and have given thought to moving (for example, my parents live on 120 acres in a very remote area about 6 hours from me) based on all of the information or disinformation available right now. What I always come back to is that this is such an individual question and must be dealt with like everything else I've experienced so far in this life -- weigh it from every angle and then do what seems right for me. I think a very important element in making any decision is if we are choosing out of fear or confidence in all "data."

:)

SolarMother said:
Below is the quote. My question is, do the C's still say this moving to rural areas, forming community and storing food (etc) is "disinformation? 3D garbage?" I have not been enjoying living this way--primitively, with very little cash. We have no electricity, scarce work opportunities. Sometimes is feels really BAD, sometimes it feels good.

Hi SolarMother,

It sounds like you are having doubts about your chosen lifestyle. While I don't have all the answers for you, I can relate to you a story about my own experiences in this matter.

I did at one point toy with the notion of moving out onto the "land", so to say. This was during a period where I felt similarly to how you felt about the cities being "dangerous" and that disorder and social chaos were just around the corner. I even hooked up with a group of friends from college who were attempting to build a small community in the woods along these lines. We managed to build a small cabin and some other structures on some hunting land owned by my friend's family. We did manage to get our feet wet in the lifestyle of living off the land. I read a lot of books during this time about country living too. I also realized at this point that this wasn't just an extended camping trip, this was hard work! And that was using all possible power tools at our disposal (chainsaws, pumps, air compressors, etc), so it wasn't like we were doing things the old fashion way.

While I learned a lot, I'm glad I ultimately decided to not pursuit this idea of living off the land any further. This is not a fun lifestyle, especially for children of which I have two. I ultimately realized that I would rather put up with the challenges of a 9-5 job and city life instead of changing my lifestyle completely to something that would have been beyond my ability (or my family's ability) to cope. I like having free time to read, learn and explore, casually garden without having to worry about starving over the winter. I currently live in a smaller town that has a lot of ties to the local rural community. In a way I get the best of both worlds here. :)

The cabin my friends and I built still exists and we still use it for vacations and short stays throughout the year. I'm kind of glad things worked out the way they did. Not many people in my salary range can say they have access to a vacation cabin in the northwoods of Wisconsin :D

Another thing I realized looking back at all of this was that I can see that the thoughts I had at the time about wanting to get away from civilization and hide out in the woods until Armageddon or whatever was really just a form of depression. I didn't want to face and acknowledge my problems and this was causing me to have this constant urge to want to "get out of dodge". After I did face up to my problems, take action and make the changes in my life that I needed, I no longer felt this urge to go live off the land. It was like a spell had fallen from me.

I'm not sure if you can relate to any of this not knowing your situation, but I think it pays to do a lot of questioning of yourself about why you would choose such a lifestyle when easier (in terms of physical labor) means of living still exist. Just a suggestion.

Thank you so much for those immediate replies Jazper and RyanX.
I am going to have to do a lot more chewing on this...and I have felt depressed for a long time so I need to bravely look at this issue. My man of 10 years and I have put a lot of energy into this homestead, and as of Oct '09 we moved in, but with so little money...and too remote---maybe not, I don't know. He built our cabin from salvaged materials and we have a garden and greenhouse. There are a lot of pros and cons here. I sure appreciate the wisdom in your answer, Ryan X. Did bring tears to my eyes--- and, SO many people are thinking towards the direction we are in, so hearing from Jazper on his thoughts was good too. Whew! Nothing is easy now--major chaos reigns.
with gratitude, solar mother

SolarMother said:
But the C's have said that living this way this is disinformation? Or was it disinformation at the time of the session? And they have said that "it doesn't matter where you live, but who you are and what you see." I resonated with this. So, then, are cities to become more dangerous, or is this also disinformation, 3D garbage? I would love to hear what anyone has to offer on this...

Unless I am mistaken, I think the point of those answers that you are concerned with was to indicate that 1) the "desperate push for total control" will be felt everywhere, so where's the point in trying to escape it? and 2) That the people pushing the advice to move into rural areas, etc, were pushing disinfo, because after all, how could they know any such thing? None of the people writing that kind of info really knows exactly what is going to happen, or when or how, do they? So their advice is suspect at best. They may even be just cloning text from a collection of survival-type books.

SolarMother said:
I have not been enjoying living this way--primitively, with very little cash. We have no electricity, scarce work opportunities. Sometimes is feels really BAD, sometimes it feels good.

Are ya'll going to produce enough from your garden and greenhouse to sell or trade? Do you network with the people who live nearest you to see if there are ways you could all help each other? Could you rent a portion of your land as a giant yard-sale/ outdoor market kind of thing? Maybe you could keep a journal of your ups and downs and the practical side of what you have accomplished so far. It might even become a best-seller one day as "One family's experience of living independently", or something like that. I see several possibilities, but I'm not there, so I don't know which would be more realistic.

For what it's worth, I still think that as long as you are not dependent on government, the power grid, the credit system, etc., then you are in a good economic position in the event of certain kinds of disasters in certain places, simply because you have less to lose and to suffer from in terms of those dependencies.

I think I'm the one that said something about being ahead of the game, because I don't think that anything you or anyone else can do, in this way, is objectively "bad." My family is ready for worst-case scenarios to the extent that we can prepare. My wife is half Cherokee and her family and her ex's family is in the Bear Clan of South Eastern U.S. and we are ready to band together and go back to the land for survival and to help others in the event it becomes necessary and we are able to do so.

Again, wishing you all the best! :)

SolarMother, it is always important to understand the context of the questions to the Cs. That is why reading the sessions in The Wave is so helpful.

In this case, Laura’s ex was in ‘survivalist mode’, and the question is based upon that. In that context, it is definitely 3D thinking because the survivalists are only interested in 3D survival. They are only thinking about saving themselves, about saving the body and continuing physical existence. Laura’s ex was fear-driven.

The Cs said to Laura in the quote you cite:

Cs said:
If you listen to those who are firmly rooted in 3rd level this is when you run the risk of slipping in your knowledge learned no matter how good the intentions.

At that time in Laura’s life, she needed to focus on the Work, and that is what she did. She put the growth of her soul above considerations of 3D survival, overcame the fear-mongering, and in so doing, learned, and now can help us learn, how to really survive in this world: knowledge of psychopathy and its importance in the devastation of society and the physical world, not to mention its affects on our spiritual growth if we are not aware; knowledge of our narcissistic upbringing, our programmes, so we can clean ourselves; knowledge of the importance of diet and health.

With the knowledge we have now about those and so many other topics, the process of moving to a rural area would be done with a completely different understanding.

There could be another situation where someone takes the decision to move to a rural area, get off the grid, do their own garden, etc, and with the knowledge we have now, and it would be a different process with different goals. If it is done out of fear, that is one thing. If it is done positively, with a clear Aim in mind that fits with one’s life and the Work, that is another.

Each situation is unique.

Thank you all for the replies.

"SolarMother, it is always important to understand the context of the questions to the Cs. That is why reading the sessions in The Wave is so helpful."

Galahad: Your reply was quite helpful. I have been reading The Wave Series up to Chapt 23 now (unfortunately is is presently slow going due to my limited online time but that is changing soon) and since I don't remember reading about that phase of Laura's life yet (3D fear, and growth beyond that) that could explain why I 'panicked' when I read about the 'back to the land' thing and compared it to my life! I was feeling that very fear! AGAIN!
Mostly I read The Wave series Chapt by Chapt, but sometimes I get an urge to look ahead or around--ultimately, I seem to read exactly what I need to learn relating to what is going on in my life...in this case now in my life, a lot of discouragement because my husband and I are still alone in this venture, and it has been so hard. I need to remember that the first year is tough--setting things up, etc. In my intro, I mentioned that we want to share the land and form a community. Asking myself questions last night, I came to the conclusion of this 'being so alone' thing is part of the depression. I am really quite the social person and long to have a community of like-minded souls. But socializing at a 'denser level' is impossible for me--and I say that without judgment. Being 'out there' alone in retreat has not been easy, but I must say I needed to withdraw for awhile, now that I look back-- its been time spent working on myself and my relationship, with no buffers or distractions! I feel I just graduated in some of these lessons, so now I am finding myself 'out in the world' a bit more with more compassion.

"There could be another situation where someone takes the decision to move to a rural area, get off the grid, do their own garden, etc, and with the knowledge we have now, and it would be a different process with different goals. If it is done out of fear, that is one thing. If it is done positively, with a clear Aim in mind that fits with one’s life and the Work, that is another.

Each situation is unique."

This gave me some pause...made me stop in my tracks and See some things--- because originally we had the plan (in '04) to move to the land based out of survival, but we did not know it was fear then, but I did know something was not quite right, but couldn't identify my dicomfort about it-- but my husband did not feel this at first. Now he does. We thought we were being smart, sometimes in a self-righteous way, to prepare for the worst...afterall, no one else we knew was.
That, I see, was not done positively. We were always thinking that the people we know should be doing thus and thus too...or, otherwise are they ever going to be in trouble! That also, could be the source of some of my misgivings and depression, as we have recently stopped looking at the world this judgmental way. We still see the signs in people's lives--things falling apart, less money, etc-- but we are a lot more humble about what we feel is going to happen--who knows about anyone else really. Like you said, each situation is unique.

Bud: Thank you for your questions and your interest and writing to me again. To give more detail about things:

"Unless I am mistaken, I think the point of those answers that you are concerned with was to indicate that 1) the "desperate push for total control" will be felt everywhere, so where's the point in trying to escape it? and 2) That the people pushing the advice to move into rural areas, etc, were pushing disinfo, because after all, how could they know any such thing? None of the people writing that kind of info really knows exactly what is going to happen, or when or how, do they? So their advice is suspect at best. They may even be just cloning text from a collection of survival-type books."

Yes! Thanks for that insight. I agree.

"Are ya'll going to produce enough from your garden and greenhouse to sell or trade?"

We plan to produce enough from our greenhouse and garden to eventually trade or sell. Right now, the first season, if all goes well weather-wise, it could be enough just for us and perhaps our neighbor (2 miles away) now and then. We do network with our neighbors, but none of them are yet to the realization that neighbors help one another (that wonderful quote from the C's about symbiosis and STO in a group in my intro is my mantra!) since not enough shocks have come into their lives for them to be thinking that way. People don't become helping neighbors without a crisis to pull them together, it seems. They are still in self-sufficient mode, and asking for help is an embarassing thing for them, as are most of the people we know in town nearby. WE have asked for help because we had to, and at first it was hard and shameful! Now we see it as a lesson learned and perhaps we are being an example to them of what they themselves will need to do in the not so distant future, and they will know that it can be done and someone will come through! One very good thing, is that these neighbors (only 1 unit/ neighbor so far--we don't see others in this picture, as they are 'weekenders and may never end up on their land) are trading labor with my husband. The 2 guys are helping eachother. My husband is helping the guy to build a greenhouse, and he is helping us excavate for the bigger house. Now, THAT is BIG progress!

"Could you rent a portion of your land as a giant yard-sale/ outdoor market kind of thing?"

Not really. We are 17 miles from nearest town. But we do want at least one more family to join us and help us. Right now we are living in a 'glorified camping' type small shelter with a woodstove. Its far better than a trailer! Soon we will have some electric from solar panels for a fridge!
We want to build a bigger place with room for guests in the next 2 years or sooner. That one neighbor has already helped with the start of the excavation. People could join us on the land and help us build. We can help them build later.
If someone has the money for half the land's value, fine--but we are not really counting on that. What we need is help (with all farm work and in building) in return for a piece of land. Where the money comes from for certain things we will need for the bigger place, we have no idea. We already have a lot of salvaged materials. The place we are in now is bermed with south facing windows and will make a fine additional greenhouse/ guesthouse once the bigger place is built. It has a wood burning stove. We always get what we need when we need it, so I am making headway on the fear thing and learning to trust, with a captital T, and I do sometimes feel that ecstacy the C's speak of when in the 4D. "Sit back and relax and watch it all happen!" Mostly I get depressed when the ecstacy 'goes away' or because of the isolation factor and not knowing any one yet in person who is on our wave length that we can talk to (besides this forum.) I have to continue to trust in the perfect timing of things!
We want a goat and some chickens too--next year!

"Maybe you could keep a journal of your ups and downs and the practical side of what you have accomplished so far. It might even become a best-seller one day as "One family's experience of living independently", or something like that. I see several possibilities, but I'm not there, so I don't know which would be more realistic."

I am a terrible journal keeper/writer type person, but that is a fine idea. We do notice that some of our friends in town want to come and see what we are doing and ask a lot of questions, after the shock is over when they see how things look! (salvaged materials= a sort of tribal/indigenous look about things.) I am used to it, others are still programmed the way I used to be. It could be that our situation of going ahead and doing this without much money could be a very helpful thing to journal!

"For what it's worth, I still think that as long as you are not dependent on government, the power grid, the credit system, etc., then you are in a good economic position in the event of certain kinds of disasters in certain places, simply because you have less to lose and to suffer from in terms of those dependencies."

That is so right-on. Because our area (the entire county here) is so scarcely populated (no big developments, wal marts, and such) and work is also scarce, there are already some folk we know personally or hear about that are losing things--like houses, or about to. I suppose small towns can band together easier when they have to, and we can then also attract a community out where we are as well. Seems like the disasters (the C's speak of) that are coming will effect just about everyone no matter where they live, so even in cities, people will have to band together in their neighborhoods somehow. I have a feeling that Denver airport scandal is about to surface!

Thanks again!
SolarMother

Back
Top Bottom