Relinquishing Ego/Self-Importance

Demanding "equality" is often just a poor camouflage for resentment and the determination to pull others down to our own inferior level out of envy and the desire to seek a shortcut where there can't be one.

I'd rather admire those who live a beautiful life in a beautiful house and take them as role models and an inspiration than demanding natural hierarchies to be demolished.

There is no equality in spiritual matters. Never has been never will be. All we can do is accept our responsibility to work ourselves up, or allow ourselves to be dragged down.

I didn't intend to have my message received in this manner. However, I completely understand your perspective. I don't resent any members in the group. I simply think that it would be a good idea to help others as they have helped the members in France. They would not be where they are today without the assistance of others. They didn't materialise from the ethers with a magnificent life hahaha. They were and are largely supported by the members of the FOTCM as well as the forum members.

We are all here to learn from our predetermined course of life that our higher selves created for us. I am simply suggesting that the Network should expand. I am sorry my message upset you. I understand your bias and the need to protect the people that you admire. Go team, right? :)

Hi Nolbai

I am pretty old on this forum but haven’t posted much. Reality is that over the last 10 years I have spent a lot of time reading and understanding my own machine better. And each time I found myself in trouble or being led ashtray by my own and other people’s wrongdoings, I would search through the forum and read senior members postings or just re-read wave and other recommended books which would help me realise something new.

As an example, I laughed uncontrollably for few minutes realising my own misery after reading Unholy Hungers the second time and the section in the Wave where Laura covers the topic of OPs. I could feel a sense of relief, mind being freed from various self-created burdens.

Especially over the last three years, I seem to
have really turned a few corners and it would not have been possible without the forum’s help. The point I am trying to make is that one must struggle profusely and constantly to form an understanding of the knowledge which has been researched and shared here. Taking an analogy from Gnosis, one must really keep heating the crucible until the iron shillings can solidify into the desirable state. Merely knowing or studying about STO/STS or Work is not enough. Even reading the Wave won’t get you anywhere if you are unwilling to apply the knowledge.

And thats why, I think your impression is incorrect and based on incomplete understanding of what FOTCM and the work stands for. In a STO oriented group or society, there are no hierarchies. There are, however, different seniority levels members may attain by way of their own and group’s progress. That seniority is not to be mistaken as a position which is accorded to a person rather its a level that the person has achieved via struggle and learning. Generally this is referred to as a level of being.

I think you just need to spend more time reading the recommended books and other material and share your thoughts and learnings. Feel free to share your struggles and other life stories. Those may reveal a few sacred cows and opportunities for growth.

Cheers
Sid

Hey Sid,

Thank you for your response. It is obvious that you remained neutral as you read my original post. Thank you for your suggestions; they are very helpful.

I understand the reason you would laugh at your own misery. I am no stranger to misery. I know that anyone that becomes aware of this reality and their own foibles will agree with you. Life is suffering. Through suffering we learn from experiencing the pain and misery of this reality. Experience is indeed the best teacher. I agree with you, one cannot simply collect theoretical knowledge without applying that knowledge to the appropriate scenario and experiencing it for oneself.

For example, I have had numerous encounters and dealing with Narcissists and a few Sociopaths. Interacting with those people nearly killed me.

I would suggest that having different levels of importance (seniority) indirectly creates a hierarchy. However, that is simply my perspective.

I know that I am new to the forum, but I have been participating in the group indirectly since I was a child. I read the Wave in fourth grade. I have gained much knowledge in a very short period of time.

Hello EFJH,

If i understand your post correctly...It's notable that you are still fairly new to the forum, have participated very little, and yet you seem to think you have a very good understanding of its founders, its purpose and its dynamics.

:) Yes, I am new to the forum. I have participated in this group indirectly since I was a child. I am nearly 30 years old. I began reading The Wave when I was 9 or 10 years old. I may not have the appropriate credentials within the context of this website, but I do have a considerable amount of experience with the work. I have been psychoanalysing myself since I was a child.

This misunderstanding just goes to show how you don't really know what the Forum is all about. And it appears to me a rather self-absorbed idea that others must prompt you in order for you to speak. Obviously we work to give when asked, but if it's a discussion that's happening then it's a basic understanding here that all are welcome to provide input.

Valid point. Perhaps I am incredibly self absorbed? I am anything you may think me to be until you learn who and what I am.

As has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, hierarchies occur naturally throughout humanity and in nature. As an example, I wouldn't suppose i had a better idea of how to perform surgery than a doctor and i would be more likely to trust a surgeon than someone unqualified. Because, ideally, the surgeon has proven themselves capable and to be the best person for the job at hand. However, it's fluid and situational dependent, because while the doctor is best to perform the surgery i wouldn't expect they would be the best person to fix my computer. And it its more complex than that still, because here we also network.

I agree with you. However, people with the ability to help others have the capabilities to change those natural hierarchies. Humankind has proven its ability to manipulate this reality through creativity. If we did not have the ability to manipulate this reality, we would not exist. We would not have developed the tools necessary to survive in the world. Larger, stronger animals would be at the top of the food chain simply because of their physical strength. Yet that is not so, is it?

Respect goes where respect is due, no?

Your post does seem rather grandiose, morose too. I suspect that you're feeling a little down and are projecting your feelings onto the forum. It may be better for you to, rather than criticize something you clearly know little about, to open up and share what's really bothering you, and, more specifically, what's happening in your own life that is leading you to project onto others the feelings you have about yourself and your personal situation.

Perhaps I am projecting? In a sense, our perceived world is nothing but a projection of our minds. Everything we experience is subjective. The only reason anything exists is because we collectively agree that it exists, no? What is a plant, itellsya? Describe what you perceive a plant to be.

I think you are offended by original post. I apologise. It was not my intention to insult anyone. I merely wanted to communicate my thoughts.

Shall I begin now? If I had the ability to help others, I would. The entire philosophy of STO is just that: service to others. Self focused individuals are "successful" because they do anything to manipulate the environment and people around them. People that care for others help others. There is a reason 1% of the population controls everything. They are crazy arseholes that shit on other people to get the things that they desire. The only way people like you and I are going to truly survive in this world (especially when A.I. powered bots replace 99% of the work force) is if we help each other. When the shit hits the fan, all of the people that are merely surviving will be shit out of luck.

If you follow the material discussed on the forum, one would think you would have been networking by now. But, there's no time like the present and perhaps this post will be the beginning.

Domino effect.

They are rather fantastical, for the reasons stated above.

Okay.

Perhaps you could start with telling us a bit more about yourself, your life in general, what you've achieved? and so on..

Sure thing. I managed to be aware of this reality and of myself and yet I still exist here in this illusionary realm (without forcibly leaving it). That is my greatest achievement.

EFJH, I am not sure I understand where you are coming from with your statements, but what I can tell from what you wrote in this thread, is that I agree with the title: there seems to be a need for you to relinquish Ego and Self-Importance.... instead of projecting it onto others.

Regarding you creating a community with STO striving individuals (or any other human being): the last (and only?) time I remember you entering into a conversation with other members of our forum a couple of years back, a whole lot of misunderstanding and confusion ensued, based on lack of clarity in communication from your part. So I think you are not only projecting but you are also putting the cart way before (way way before, as in another continent away) the horse.

If you are willing to work on your communication and self-importance issues, we are here for you. If you insist on your projections though, I personally have nothing else to say to you other that this forum might not be for you.

Perhaps, I am projecting? I apologise. Maybe I am just an OP trying to drain members of the forum of their energy? Perhaps Laura will have to ask the C's. I'm sure our higher selves will have something interesting to say about the subject.

Maybe the forum isn't for me.

Thank you for providing such an exemplary example.

Maybe I need all of you to hold a mirror to my unknown state of mind. Perhaps I am simply a pretentious Narcissist that is starting to become self-aware?

That's because your internal consideration is running the show. It's all about you. When consumed with self, it's very difficult to see oneself clearly. Therefore, I doubt if your "frequency" is what you imagine it to be.

Perhaps you are correct. Maybe I was a dog in my past life and I am simply an OP trying to drain your energy?

EFJH, I don’t see the situation as a hierarchy in the strict sense. People that lack it should, because it is common sense and natural to do so, respect and follow in the footsteps of the most knowledgeable and aware individuals who have the widest perspective. As I see it, those that don’t do this do so at their own peril and will have to learn the lessons those that have come before them have already learned and try to convey to others wanting to learn.

Some sticking points for me in your post:

• You try to say what the FOTCM should do, etc without being a member of it and likely having no real idea of what it takes to run such an organization and the various issues those that created the fellowship had to endure over the many years to make it a reality.
  • Since, by your own admission, you don’t post much you are not networking. How do people know what you are made of and who you are if you don’t post. Maybe you are full of delusions and illusions and if your vision was attempted to be created would fail miserably and would “be lunch” so to say. So I would say network, before you make generalized guidance about where the FOTCM should go and what it should do.
  • One way to start doing so in terms of networking, is to provide information. Specific examples that show what you see is as an issue that needs to be addressed. Such as specific people and specific things they have written in the specific thread they have written them. Perhaps you will have some points that should be taken into consideration, but perhaps you lack awareness, knowledge and especially perspective and should be more the student and less the teacher.
I’ve been around the forum for a good amount of time. There has been some pretty crazy stuff that those that created and kept the forum and the FOTCM running have had to endure. And I think it is likely that I and most forum members don’t know the half of all the things that have gone on and those keeping things alive have survived to keep the fight going. If they want a fairly nice place to live in order to not go crazy and just give up on trying to help others via the forum and the FOTCM and to also allow them to continue to grow the organization, then I think they deserve that at the very least.

You made some valid points. Thank you for your response.

I am a FOTCM member. I do not have access to the private forum yet.

I shall begin posting regularly.

I think the people that helped and contributed to the members in France should receive help in return. Maybe other members would enjoy living in France and contributing to the group on a much larger scale.

I did not have that in my mind when I created the original post. You are correct. I lack the knowledge regarding their struggle to make this forum successful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

It's difficult to give a response to what you've posted since you've mostly written in general terms. Can you give some examples of what you're talking about?

I was intentionally vague. I realise that the post is contained in the public section of the forum. Therefore, I will not be able to give additional details unless this thread is moved to a secure section of the forum.

I hope you are doing well, Beau.

By writing this, you seem to be inferring that you are of a higher spiritual order, and others have difficulty interacting with you because of that. Is that correct?

Can you expand on this?

I wasn't implying that I am superior in any way. I am different. The things that bother the average person have never even passed as a thought in my head. I don't have the fear that drives most people.

I can converse with any person if they are open-minded. Most people are too concerned about making themselves feel better about themselves. I know who I am. That is the only difference between me and the people with whom I interact on a daily basis. I wasn't including the forum members in my statement. I apologise that I did not make that clear.

I shall begin posting regularly.

Glad to hear that.

I think the people that helped and contributed to the members in France should receive help in return.

You can help in various ways, like proofreading or translating, or donating. There are many ways to help other than moving to France and living with them.

(BTW, They did ask the C's for help, and were told, 'Help is on the Way!') So I think they are covered.:-)

I wasn't implying that I am superior in any way. I am different. The things that bother the average person have never even passed as a thought in my head. I don't have the fear that drives most people.

I can converse with any person if they are open-minded. Most people are too concerned about making themselves feel better about themselves. I know who I am. That is the only difference between me and the people with whom I interact on a daily basis. I wasn't including the forum members in my statement. I apologise that I did not make that clear.
No worries.
That just highlights the fact that is best to speak or write in plain language. So that there is less chance of being misunderstood.

Perhaps I am simply a pretentious Narcissist that is starting to become self-aware?

No, the point that I was making is that you are a hypocrite and not a very bright one at that. You are definitely in over your head. I don't really get off on putting people in their place however, you're opening post here was absolutely rude and uninformed/presumptuous.

So you definitely got off on the wrong foot with me. I have no doubt you're a great conversationalist so long as the participants are "open minded" Translation; willing to listen to your nonsense.

Based on what you've showed me so far, I would say that you're definitely in the :wrongbar:

Semantics.

I don't think so personally. I see very little of what you describe in the Chateau crew here, and that's from quibbling over definitions.

I apologise. Maybe I am just an OP trying to drain members of the forum of their energy? Perhaps Laura will have to ask the C's. I'm sure our higher selves will have something interesting to say about the subject.

Do you see how you're breaking character here, giving off airs of being impartial and objective and dispassionate, while posting cutting and sardonic comments like these, in response to what was a very sincere and fair comment?

Perhaps you are correct. Maybe I was a dog in my past life and I am simply an OP trying to drain your energy?

I think the most likely explanation is far more pedestrian. You lack some facts, you incorporated some lies you or others have told you into your belief systems, you have some emotional conditioning, and you have some PTSD from previous pre-verbal and verbal traumas that distort your thinking and actions and damage your ability to connect with others in more engaged and truthful ways. You can try and call it being on a different frequency or find some more interesting way of describing it or whatever, but really, this is all very normal, boring stuff.

It's only when we realize we cannot do everything or figure everything out on our own that we begin to see the need for a school and network to point out our blind spots. If you think that as you are you are sufficient to grasp all truth and self-knowlege and self-possession there's not a whole lot which can be said to a person such as that, other than perhaps "show me your fruits."

Back
Top Bottom