Relocating/disappearing objects

Nathan

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
I'm sure many of you out there have had instances where an object has mysterious gone missing or has been replaced by something else entirely. In some cases this may just be forgetting where one put something or mistaking an object for something else, but sometimes ... just sometimes ... it could be something not as easy to dismiss.

On Wednesday, 15 March @ approx. 0200, I retired to bed. My friend followed a minute later, retiring on a mattress on the floor beside me. I laid on one side, facing the window with my head on the pillow, then turned the bedside lamp off so that it was almost pitch black. After that, we talked idly for ten minutes or so. It was at this point I moved my hand to adjust the pillow, only to discover that I couldn't grasp it. I must have laid there for twenty seconds trying to get a hold of my pillow - which I had my head on the entire time and hadn't shifted it - with no success.

With liberal cursing and confusion - much to the amusement of my friend - I turned on the bedside lamp and stared at my pillow in shock. It was in the precise position I had placed it upon getting into bed, only it was under the fitted sheet. Not only that, it had been placed in such a way that it looked as if great care had been taken in placing it there. There wasn't a single crease. This seemed impossible to me simply because the fitted sheet was tucked a fair way under the mattress and it would have taken considerable effort to slip a pillow under there - let alone in the dark - let alone with my head still on the pillow.

My friend burst in laughter at how disturbed I was by this, but confirmed for me that he had seen my head on the pillow when he entered the room - and the pillow was not underneath the fitted sheet. If I had've slipped the pillow under there myself without realising it, my friend would have asked me what on earth I was doing. The fact is, I didn't move for the whole ten minutes. To do something like that, it would have taken at least thirty seconds - perhaps twice as long to do in the dark. It seems that one instant it was there, and the next it was underneath - without me even realising it.

Although this seems like a glitch of sorts, it does certainly strike me as odd.

Further on this, seven or so hours later, I woke up to my friend - still lying on the mattress on the floor - kicking a glass of water over with his foot. This time, it was his turn to curse in confusion as he scrambled, half-asleep, to pick it up. He immediately accused me of moving it from near his head, where he normally leaves it to drink from during the night. I assured him I had done nothing. After that, he no longer laughed about my pillow incident.

We have been discussing OPs a great deal lately, perhaps this could be a factor? If so, why move such mundane objects around?

Does anyone else have any stories to share that involve relocating or disappearing objects?

Hmm sorry nathan never had anything like that, thou i do notice when i loose something if i picture it in my head i can usually find it rather quickly. Sounds like you're experiencing bleed through or shifts in reality. Like you slipped from one universe where the object was in one place to another where it was in another. And since you slipped from universe to universe you didn't recall the current positions of the objects as "correct".

This brings me to a thought i had awhile ago. Parallel dimensions are like, an infinite set of parallel lines. Each line representing a universe (picture a series of infinitely long horizontal parallel lines). Moving along these lines is like moving through time, imaginary time is a line that's perpendictular to regular time (vertical branches that connect the parallel lines) and just as one moves through regular time one can also move through imaginary time. How this is done is via choices made and conscious projection. I don't have the whole concept understood as of yet, but it seems to be a fundamental part of how our reality works.

Just want to add some corrections to my story above. My friend's glass of water, expected to be near his head, did not actually end up near his feet but in the doorway to my bathroom, sitting upright with the same amount of water. He found it at about 5am, only a couple of hours after the "pillow" incident. He went to the toilet in the middle of the night and nearly knocked it over. We have both concluded that, whatever the cause of it is, it is definitely strange.

Someone not familiar with strange phenomena would suggest the following possibilities:
1) Someone is breaking into my house and shifting trivial items around to confuse us.
2) My friend shifted the glass while sleepwalking.

Neither seem likely. 2) doesn't explain how my pillow shifted under the fitted sheets while my head was still on it without either of us noticing.

As for someone who is open to strange phenomena, bleed-throughs and shifts in reality are very real possibilities. I am aware that sometimes items can be moved around for a distinct purpose, but to move around such mundane objects seems pointless to me. Then it occured to me that maybe these relocating items are "side-effects" of a branching timeline, much like deja vu is a side-effect. Maybe a reality shift did occur, as you say, Cyre, and these were merely clues. I could well have been observing after effects of some sort of alteration.

Picturing a lost item in your head sounds like a good idea, I will try it sometime. But in this case, they were found before we realised they were even lost.

I am still curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I’ve had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago. It went like this: i went to bed, reed a book, placed the book on a desk beside the bed and fell asleep. I think it was about 4 am when i woke up to a loud bang kind of noise. For my surprise the sound was made by the book that now was on top of the wood board that’s under the mattress (i don’t know the name for it in English) in the space between the end of the mattress and the top of the bed. It was like the book was dropped there.

Not really a disappearing object, and it was about 15 years ago, but I woke up for work at 4.30am and as usual I look into my youngest childs bedroom because he always got uncovered during the night. True enough his covers were in a mess, but I had to go to the toilet first which only next door. What must only have been a minute later I went to cover him up and was shocked to find that he was neatly covered up and tucked in.
He couldn't have done this himself and my wife or other children hadn't got up and done it either.
It sure spooked me and left me scratching my head, and an alien abduction did cross my mind because I'd read books on stuff like that before. But you can never be sure can you.

If you want to read a short, ASTONISHING account of this phenomenon go here:

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/teleportation.html

This is Neil Slade's website, I mentioned him before in the thread called 'Spidey Sense'. To give a very simplified background; he teaches and has achieved amazing success with techniques which increase neuronal connections to the frontal lobes. We only use a small potential of this part of the brain and it seems to be the physical seat of many dormant 'paranormal' abilities.

Err, to jump on the bandwagon here...

just yesterday my watch (a nice lil 2$ Boba Fett Burger King watch i got from a friend) which i am always fidgeting with because i wear it for so long, had a little jump in space. I walked into my kitchen after having just checking the time on my wrist, went to get a cup out of the cupboard and felt something tickling my wrist, which i thought was odd because by my count the watch should have been in the way. Lo and behold no watch on my wrist, and it wasn't laying around on the counter in front of me or on the ground, and there wasn't any sound of it falling or popping off my hand. Rather bemused by this (i'm not surprised by this kind of stuff anymore, i just enjoy it) i looked around for my watch, casually rubbing the spot on my wrist where there was still the indentations of having worn a watch for too long. There it was, 8 feet behind me resting nicely upon some papers on my computer desk.

I marked is as "weird, investigateable" and put it with a slew of other things at the back of my mind. Wish i had a source to goto to find out more about these kinds of things. So i could do them on purpose, or at least hold a conversation with whoever might be.

Just to jump back on the bandwagon again ...

Two nights ago, I woke up with a wardrobe drawer pulled out almost to the point of falling out. This is almost impossible as my door and window are locked and tampering with either would have woken me. Actually, even pulling out a drawer would have woken me. I'm thinking poultergeist or reality bridge. I woke up and stared at it for about ten minutes, trying desperately to conjure a rational explanation.

Deadpool, I think you've won the prize for the most interesting story yet! :)

Keep 'em coming!

Many times I've considered returning to this topic and posting further incidents, but they are simply too numerous to mention. It's reached the point where my friends are now reluctant to even stay over at my place due to the amount of strange events they have witnessed during their visits. Yesterday, half of my bed (the half where my head would be if I were sleeping) was saturated with what I can only assume to be water (it had no scent), yet the top layer was completely dry. There was only a space of a couple of hours for this to occur, and I was sitting only a few feet from my bed the entire time and would have seen if someone or something caused this. Occurrences such as these are taking place sometimes with only myself present and other times with friends present, in which case their typical response is to stare in disbelief, shake their head when they are unable to think of an explanation, then jokingly say, 'Remind me never to stay over at your place again'. These occurences are taking place rather frequently, and I'm fast running out of logical explanations! :|

Is anyone else experiencing glitches, large or small, that are difficult to explain logically?

Back
Top Bottom