Request to edit/write for SOTT

PhoenixToEmber

Jedi Council Member
I've been meaning to become a SOTT editor/writer for a while now, and I also recently joined FOTCM. Puck said I should post here to request permission. My SOTT username is the same as my forum username: PhoenixToEmber

Also, I haven't received access to the FOTCM private forum yet, so I figured I'd mention that here, too.

Thanks in advance! I very much look forward to contributing. :cool2:

PhoenixToEmber said:
Also, I haven't received access to the FOTCM private forum yet, so I figured I'd mention that here, too.

Access to the private board is given on a case by case basis. Read here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35235.msg503130.html#msg503130

Heimdallr said:
PhoenixToEmber said:

Access to the private board is given on a case by case basis. Read here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35235.msg503130.html#msg503130

Gotcha! I guess I'll have to be more patient then. Thanks for the reply! :)

Hi Phoenix, do you have any previous editing/writing experience?

Perceval said:
Hi Phoenix, do you have any previous editing/writing experience?

Not professionally, but I have a B.A. in English/Writing from Kean University in Union County, NJ, and I self-published my own book of poetry last April (http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Jungle-Mystic-Collection-2009-2015/dp/1508943141/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441135521&sr=1-3&keywords=urban+jungle).

Well, that's a good start. So you're very welcome to join the Sott WG and get to know the ropes, so to speak. I would however ask that you hold off for a day or two because we are about to introduce some changes and it might be a bit confusing to jump in right now. I'll send you an invite pretty soon though. Should I use your forum email address?

Perceval said:
Well, that's a good start. So you're very welcome to join the Sott WG and get to know the ropes, so to speak. I would however ask that you hold off for a day or two because we are about to introduce some changes and it might be a bit confusing to jump in right now. I'll send you an invite pretty soon though. Should I use your forum email address?

Awesome! :D Sounds like a plan. Yeah, use my forum e-mail.

Thanks a lot, bud!

Hey, so I'm just checking in again to see what's up, since it's been two weeks. Figured perhaps a reminder was in need, although I wasn't sure if the changes were made to SOTT yet.

Anyway, I have a story of police brutality that happened to a friend of mine that I'm going to write about and I would love to put it up on SOTT soon.

PhoenixToEmber said:
Hey, so I'm just checking in again to see what's up, since it's been two weeks. Figured perhaps a reminder was in need, although I wasn't sure if the changes were made to SOTT yet.

Anyway, I have a story of police brutality that happened to a friend of mine that I'm going to write about and I would love to put it up on SOTT soon.

Hi Phoenix.
I don't think that you have been forgotten. Changes are still in the process of being implemented. In the mean time, write your article, so that you have it ready when you are given access as there will initially be plenty of other things to learn. In other words, patience and use the time in between constructively.

Aeneas said:
PhoenixToEmber said:

Hi Phoenix.
I don't think that you have been forgotten. Changes are still in the process of being implemented. In the mean time, write your article, so that you have it ready when you are given access as there will initially be plenty of other things to learn. In other words, patience and use the time in between constructively.

Good advice. I was going to start on it today, actually, now that I have received a detailed account of the incident written by a friend of mine who was living with the friend (a person of color) who was harassed and threatened by local police.

Just thought I'd post a reminder here anyway, just in case. I know how busy life gets, especially considering all the hard work that goes into SOTT and the forum.

Thanks for the quick response! :)

Back
Top Bottom