Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

I hope you read carefully, and consider well how words are put together by a good writer and can begin to emulate such clarity of thought and word in your own communications.

I will read carefully and consider the clarity of thoughts from mind to paper.
Oh' that emulation would be not my mode of thought as I do not want to concern myself with outward nor inward imitation in that category for writing. I do learn the perspective of a type of living far from my life experiences. Gaining hopefully an understanding. I receive glimpses of perception from reading Which intrigues.
I will not further discredit this writer and editor approach or mentality to expressing what she have learned and maybe lived through. Family heritage I suppose. Like any book one reads through. I learned also. I do find her authorship interesting, clean works and sort of fun in some unfamiliar way. Perhaps having romance novels is right for not objectifying woman or for men. It is fond to think a set of people whom can conduct there lives orderly and respectful enough towards each other having a wealth of the mind and heart rather than weighted upon the pockets. I had a thought and I have pondered for half a minute. Such of the upper classes and the lively existence of such people are so removed from the common people. Brings so many misnomers and hostility mainly misunderstandings in the error of generalizing. By the outward appearance of begotten gains in comparison of others material settlements. A closer look often shows not by wealth so much as standards of accepting and not acceptable. These books help clarify a commonality. Are most people just related just as any other with flaws and yearnings, shortcomings, vanities, short-sightedness ect.. The playful dynamics of getting and letting go. Life is short for both woman and man and even less of a duration for children before they become occupied with the thoughts of adults strivings and obligations of their survival conditioning. Whence, they shall live there twenty-four hours days, months, years. Maybe a kind of side observer I am that favor either, or'nor the one or the other. To be honest. Yet I do at moments join for participating in this forum for history sake or by the neck of mines. Well, I've already said enough respectfully her's respectfully yourself his or another. Et ainsi de suite
Like Quote

Reactions: zim
I‘m „over the moon“ after reading Survivals Series by M. Balogh!!!!

The stories are absolutely stunning: pain, loss, suffering, lies, caring, sacrifice and love.
I didn’t weep but I had a constant lump in my throat.
Until the last book; I cried as it was perfect ending to a perfect series!!!

Each book is a story of one survivor and each carry its burden of past and lost.

I couldn’t help but to imagine those souls and their decision to come and to lead so separate and terrible experiences and then to be rejoined as a Survivors group.

As I‘m at 1/3 of reading material, I can say that this series is one of the best I‘ve red so far.
Others that are also my top readings are: Horseman Trilogy, Devil Riders, Dell Series and Marriage of Convenience.
I cannot decide upon number 1, but it would probably be Survivals sharing 1st place with Devil Riders and Dell Series.
Those books are pure inspiration and I want to thank Laura for starting this project and for sharing this wonderful experience!
Thank you!

My Amazon account is locked for some bizarre reason (reports wrong password and when I want to reset password, I don’t receive security code to my email, or any email from Amazon whatsoever) and I‘ve contacted tech support but haven’t heard from them from yesterday.
Luckily, I already bought Mackensies book 1 before, so hopefully they‘ll fix the issue until I read the book.

Hello everyone! I just finished reading "Marriage of Convenience" series by Ann Gracie. I thought this series was so sweet. My favorites were Lily and George's stories, but they were all so good. I experienced a rollercoaster of emotions too! After the initinal throat lumps and tears I also experienced a kind of positive flow of energy. It's really amazing!

I think the independent aspects of the characters was in the fact that they didn't expect other people to solve thier problems. They asked advice from their family, but they were determined to solve their own issues. Each of the girls in the stories made their own decisions to make the situation they were in work to the best of their ability. It seemed to me that the characters were confident and fearless. Throught out the series, the characters grew in their minds and hearts, and they each lived their own lives. I am glad they all got their happy ending.

Excited to read the Survivor's series next! Thanks Laura and everyone for reccomending and sifting out the good themes/characters in these books. :flowers:

I'm reading Heartless now and I'm finding it excruciating.

It's just so sad to see them imprisoned by their own secrets and even lies :-(, also knowing and understanding that, in Anna's case, she's lying because she can't trust Luke yet. We, the readers, know Luke is a good guy because we read his thoughts, but Anna still thinks he isn't capable of love so she can't trust that he will indeed protect her once he knows the truth. That may change though (I hope!) now that she's seen how he loves their baby and he is opening up his heart again for love.

Even though it is an excruciating story, this novel has had some very beautiful passages already. I'll share some...

"Love was the most intensely exalting emotion life had to offer, and the most frightening. Fear and exaltation mingled and were indivisible, the one a part of the other. Love was what made life worth living. Not the pursuit of pleasure, but love. Love, which involved the full spectrum of human emotions."
"He had made clear to them all that duty was not going to rule his life and rob it of all joy—an apt word to use. Joy was a far better word to use than pleasure. Pleasure brought empty, emotionless enjoyment. Joy brought . . . well, everything. It brought love and happiness and fear and pain and vulnerability."

It sounds so simple, but for me it holds a lot of meaning. Sometimes we close our hearts and put barriers up to shield ourselves from pain and fear, but with that, we can also close ourselves to love and joy, because, risk and vulnerability are inherent parts of those. We close ourselves for fear of suffering and as a way to control what happens to us and, sometimes, to those who are close to us. But love and joy can't be in control all the time, love and joy are open, they require a leap of faith, so to say, an acceptance of the fact that we can't always control what happens (nor can we control others), so we are, in a way, more vulnerable... if that makes sense.

Well, of course, I don't have the ability to put those thoughts into words... so you better read the book and see it for yourselves! ;-)

----

Another thing that I was thinking regarding these novels was related to this quote by the Cs regarding emotions:

"Emotion that limits is an impediment to progress. When you begin to separate limiting emotions based on assumptions from emotions that open one to unlimited possibilities, that means you are preparing for the next density."

I may be off here (and correct me if I am), but I have the feeling that what happens throughout the novels is kind of like moving from those limiting emotions based on assumptions to emotions of expansion.

It seems to me that at the beginning of these stories and throughout them too, we see how the characters engage in internal considering and they feel desperate, sad, isolated, etc., because they're internally considering and they aren't opening themselves to the other(s). When they finally open themselves to love, when they finally share what they feel, when they are honest with one another and themselves, plus the understanding they show to one another, that brings up emotions of joy, happiness, togetherness (if that's an emotion), which could be considered emotions that expand outwards, that are uplifting and that bring a sense of faith in what may happen and some confidence in our ability to overcome whatever comes creatively... and perhaps that makes a real difference in our actual ability to do so!

I don't know, but that's also reflected in how I feel throughout the stories. At first, the emotions seem to go inward, seem to bring feelings of defeat and despair, and then, when things finally work out, the feeling is expansive, it opens up toward the world and it gives me confidence and faith in the universe.

I'm in middle of the Perfect Waltz, book 2 of the Merridew Sisters series by Anne Gracie. I had tears when Sebastian showed Dory how to roast a muffin. I also felt anger come up inside me and then spread through my whole body like water spreading out when
Hope had flashbacks of her hand tied and stuck inside the closet, by her grandpa. Then I thought that my reaction was such a strong reaction to harm to fictional characters. But then I thought of book 1 the Perfect Rake and even Mary Balogh's Heartless, and possibly my own life, and I thought how much pain some of us go through based on the fictions and lies that our supposed loved ones tell us.

We can go through hell based on deceptions by people that we think love us. So why not go through these feelings, by fictional story characters, when sometimes we go through these feelings based lies told to us in real life. And we can experience feelings of other real people through these books, even if we have not experienced them in our own lives.

We can go through hell based on deceptions by people that we think love us. So why not go through these feelings, by fictional story characters, when sometimes we go through these feelings based lies told to us in real life. And we can experience feelings of other real people through these books, even if we have not experienced them in our own lives.

What may be true is that we have all experienced many things in other lives that can be reflected back to us in these books. Those "other lives" could be our own incarnational experiences, or experiences of others in our soul group that are collected together and somehow shared. It's really interesting to see what dynamics move us and how empathy for others is awakened.

Yes, I have noticed that some stories really have made me suffer while reading, but then, didn't the Cs say that suffering unlocks DNA and changes us?

Another thing I thought about recently was that, in all the accounts of reincarnation or near death experiences I've ever read, nobody has ever talked about being regretful that they didn't pursue some esoteric path to elevate themselves esoterically; it's all been about relationships with others, and either happiness or regrets (mostly regrets) that chances were not taken for love and being together with others. So, it all comes back to simple karmic understanding and learning the lessons of this density.

We all have many experiences through many incarnations that we do not/cannot recall because of a lifetime of socialization and programming, and this reading project appears to be one of the best ways I've ever seen for awakening memories, or at least bringing up and resolving issues by proxy. It really is like cleaning out the psychic/psychological house and tuning the instrument to a higher resonance. And since sexual energies are such a big part of our lives and experiences, even those aspects of these stories are beneficial.

So, I would tentatively suggest that if there are stories that move one deeply, even if that movement is profound sorrow or deep anger or regret, perhaps there is something very real behind that fact? And the more it moves one, the more it can be helpful and cleansing when resolved?

One thing seems sure: the more we learn about the ways we can hurt others or be hurt, the more we can learn about external considering and how not to hurt and be hurt.

Je suis entrain de lire " Des fleurs dans la tourmente de Laura Kinsale ", une très elle histoire, j'ai lu depuis 19h hier soir jusqu'à 3h du matin ce jour avec un arrêt pour la prière de groupe du soir de 20h à 20h30 hier soir...
C'est l'histoire d'un homme supérieurement intelligent, un mathématicien et d'une jeune femme Quakers (La Société religieuse des Amis est un mouvement religieux fondé en Angleterre au XVIIᵉ siècle par des dissidents de l'Église anglicane. Les membres de ce mouvement sont communément connus sous le nom de quakers mais ils se nomment entre eux « Amis » et « Amies ». Wikipédia).
Cet homme brillant et très riche a une crise d'apoplexie et retombe tout en bas de l'échelle sociale grâce à sa famille qui l'enferme dans un asile ou la jeune femme sera infirmière... Il me reste une cinquantaine de page. Que de rebondissements, je ne pouvais le lâcher des mains... Je vous le recommande...

I am reading "Flowers in the turmoil of Laura Kinsale", a very her story, I read from 7pm last night until 3am this day with a stop for the evening group prayer from 8pm to 8.30pm last night....
It is the story of a highly intelligent man, a mathematician and a young Quaker woman (The Religious Society of Friends is a religious movement founded in England in the XVIIᵉ century by dissidents of the Anglican Church. The members of this movement are commonly known as Quakers, but they call each other "Friends" and "Friends". Wikipedia).
This brilliant and very wealthy man has a stroke and falls back to the bottom of the social ladder thanks to his family who locks him up in an asylum where the young woman will be a nurse . I have about fifty pages left. I couldn't take my hands off him... I recommend it to you...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

J'ai terminé "Des fleurs dans la tourmente de Laura Kinsale" et je ne suis pas déçue, bien au contraire...
J'ai donc commencé " Le château des miroirs de la série Les fils du péché d'Anna Campbell " c'est le premier tome et le seul de la série que je n'avais pas...

I finished "Flowers in the turmoil of Laura Kinsale" and I am not disappointed, on the contrary...
So I started "The Castle of Mirrors from the series The Sons of Sin by Anna Campbell" is the first volume and the only one of the series that I didn't have...

I finished "Untouched" from Annie Campbell. Not the best book to read during the Christmas season. In this book, you feel despair and blackness and disgust. Mrs Campbell really goes in the deep end of what humans can be. I felt revulsed toward some characters, they were worse than animals. I don't think I would have survived the ordeals the two hero faced. In Gracie's place, I think I would have commited suicide on day #1. Lord Sheene is a tad bit too psychologically stable for someone who went through what he did IMO, but I cannot help myself to like him. The fact that he's so caring to Gracie, even during intimacy is heartwarming. I though: woah, if only all men could be caring lovers like him, maybe we wouldn't have been plagued with BS like 50 shades of Grey! And who knows, maybe the film industry would produce films that are actually good and inspiring???!
I was glad when the happy ending arrived! It's a good story on forgiveness and courage.

I finished "The Proposal", Mary Balogh's book, when I started the book, I felt a bit lost to the reading at first, I don't know why, maybe I didn't feel anything familiar with the reading, and the way the main characters to found each other, so easy, for the first time, made me lose interest a little bit, I continued and as I advanced a quarter of the book I identified a bit and felt some features of the main characters.
At first it struck me that between the previous novel I finished by Jennifer Ashley (Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage) and this one, both characters suffered an abortion, approached in different ways. It's a very sad experience, painful, I had a miscarriage in my second month of pregnancy this past summer, The embryo did not grow for more than a month, the nurse when performing the second ultrasound the first thing she told me was that it was not my fault, that she had had two before she became pregnant.
Looking at both novels, I understand of course that it is fiction, but it has made me think about when the relationship is not very well established or there is something that does not work very well in the woman or the relationship can perhaps influence the development of that little life in the womb. I must admit that when I found out I was pregnant I was scared and a little angry because I felt that it was not a good time personally or I did not feel ready to go through the whole process of having a child again.

I liked very much how both characters overcame their ingrained "beliefs" or class "ideologies" at the end of the story. And how "wounds of the body" leaves a mark inside or in the soul of the characters, it is something very strong, all the time the wound is there, appearing when their emotions and feelings speak. I liked very much how the war survivors formed a group, I think it gave them life and hope.

I personally find it very interesting how the stories in the novels set in the late 1800s or so, provide an approximation or historical perspective of the thinking of the "First Modernity", the place where that bourgeois class was born which established primarily the "first rules and values" of behavior of which we can see traces today. I find the sexual part of the novels very interesting, I find in it a greater richness when I read the story, it makes it more familiar and complete. Because if we think a little bit about other cultures and other times, only if we mention for example the Greek culture, the ideal of beauty was masculine, and even some men had the practice of having beautiful lovers; young men as something natural within their culture.

In general it was a little strange and deep the circumstances in which I finished this novel, I finished reading this book while traveling on the road to Florida (USA) heading to warmer climates from the north. I was also reading another book "Women who run with the wolves", I felt this book is being a very good complement for me at this moment along with the novels, I cried a lot, I am beginning to understand many things about myself.
I found this late 1800's suit inside "Kennedy Space Center", it reminded me of the novels but a little bit more in another place.

Attachments

• 133136202_2513905368910679_2297907049080815411_n.jpg
    133136202_2513905368910679_2297907049080815411_n.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 132374935_843619669706218_6143712294121648324_n.png
    132374935_843619669706218_6143712294121648324_n.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 132043639_4075764149103814_35653109841226217_n.jpg
    132043639_4075764149103814_35653109841226217_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 31
It sounds so simple, but for me it holds a lot of meaning. Sometimes we close our hearts and put barriers up to shield ourselves from pain and fear, but with that, we can also close ourselves to love and joy, because, risk and vulnerability are inherent parts of those. We close ourselves for fear of suffering and as a way to control what happens to us and, sometimes, to those who are close to us. But love and joy can't be in control all the time, love and joy are open, they require a leap of faith, so to say, an acceptance of the fact that we can't always control what happens (nor can we control others), so we are, in a way, more vulnerable... if that makes sense.

Well, of course, I don't have the ability to put those thoughts into words... so you better read the book and see it for yourselves! ;-)

I had the same thoughts while reading Heartless, it's a great description of what the false personality does. It's a barrier that fights with life, and creates unnecessary tension. We can hold onto pain like a luggage that we think we need to carry around, in order to not feel that pain again, but that also closes us up to the positive things in life, and it distorts life and experience and other possibilites. And as time passes, we can forget that we are doing so, and that there are others ways of being and acting in the world.

Last edited:
Looking at both novels, I understand of course that it is fiction, but it has made me think about when the relationship is not very well established or there is something that does not work very well in the woman or the relationship can perhaps influence the development of that little life in the womb. I must admit that when I found out I was pregnant I was scared and a little angry because I felt that it was not a good time personally or I did not feel ready to go through the whole process of having a child again.
I am terribly sorry for you! It must be a traumatic ordeal!

What you say reminds me of part of Eloisa James' book "Midnight Pleasures".
It is not the "happiest" of books in my opinion, and I would not recommend it if the reader's morale is not good.

The heroine blames herself for her miscarriage because she partly regretted being pregnant for fear of losing the man she loved.

Back
Top Bottom