Ruminations on the Law of Three, Polarity, Projecting and other bits and bobs.

MatiaS

Jedi
So I've been reading back my notes I've taken throughout the past year and it feels as if some pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together. On the other hand it might also just be a subjective episode of pseudo-enlightenment I'm experiencing and that's part of the reason I want to share my recent thoughts surrounding these things; to maybe get feedback on if there's anything in my musings that corresponds to objective reality, or if all of it just is the ravings of a madman.

So I would like to start with the idea of the Law of Three and polarity.

So we say that in all phenomena on all levels, there exists an interplay of three forces, the active, the passive, and the neutralizing. These forces are never separate from each other and seamlessly blend into each other, transmuting and transforming in an intricate dance, where the sum total of "energy" always remains the same.

So in any given situation, the total must come to 100%. The active or the passive force can never supersede 50%. The neutralizing force adjusts according to the specific situation in either a more passive or active way, depending on what the situation calls for.

So let's say a situation is happening, an archetypal energy is playing out, either in a split-second, or over a number of millennia, from outside the confines of 3D it doesn't really matter. Let's say in this given situation/scenario, the active force (manifesting on multiple planes/dimensions/densities simultaneously) is at 35% "intensity" and the passive force is at 30% "intensity". Then we are left with 35% that the neutralizing force distributes in a way that perfect harmony is reached; in this scenario it "adds" 15% active force and 20% passive force to bring the total into a harmonious and impeccable end-result/manifestation of the energy that is being played out.

In another scenario the active force might be only 5% active and the passive force at 50% (full "intensity") and then the neutralizing force would manifest as 45% active force, to bring the totality again into harmony.

This of course can be tied into the Principle of Polarity. In one version of my metaphysical schemas that I've conceptualized it works like this:

We assume a central point of neutrality, transcendental of duality. In any moment (for us pretty much every moment of our lives) we are pulling away from this neutrality into polarization, one way or another. This can be applied to all conceivable manifestations of consciousness; ideas, beliefs, thoughts, actions, emotions etc.

So when we then polarize ourselves, as we tend to do automatically, we "pull our point of reference" away from the neutral center, and simultaneously, extending from the neutral center into the other direction, we create a shadow image or mirror image, pulling in the opposite direction an energy that is equal in intensity to how much we are polarizing in our chosen (consciously or unconsciously) direction. This shadow image will seek to manifest in our life as a catalyst and reminder for us that the Truth is all-encompassing and both sides of any polarity/duality are equally valid.

To give an example, let's say one day you're just overjoyed at everything for no seeming reason, you are happy, bubbly and positive. By doing this, you are polarizing towards one pole of the spectrum of "happiness", and thus creating in your reality a shadow aspect of equal intensity in the other direction of the spectrum. The return to neutrality could happen gradually over a couple of days, where minor inconveniences and annoyances will slowly drain the positivity you were feeling before, until you rejoin the neutral space and think "well, life is ups and downs I guess". The return could also happen more quickly and drastically, i.e. a day where everything just goes to shit and it seems like the whole Universe is working against you. I'm sure we all had days like that.

So in essence we are paying for negative experiences with positive ones, and paying for positive experiences with negative ones. We're always learning and growing and the point is (I think) to learn to transcend the duality, and see life for what it is, a never-ending learning experience.

In this model then, connecting it back to the Law of Three, we could say that the active and passive force always manifest in the same intensity, always polarizing and balancing each other. So then the amount of polarization (immersion in either the passive or active force) towards any side will decrease the neutralizing force -> things will seem more black-and-white, dualistic. But the more we can stay in that naturally neutral space, the larger the influence of the neutralizing force will be and we will more strongly identify with it. We will identify less with black or white, "this or that", and will more see ourselves as that neutralizing force, reconciling all opposites and rejoining them together as parts of the Holy Trinity.

Here it's interesting to note that the C's say that where two opposing units of reality intersect, it causes friction which stops movement of all functions and in between these two opposing forces there is "always zero time, zero movement, zero exchange, zero transference". Maybe somebody can pick up my train of thought and make some connections on their own, I would love to hear someone else's thoughts on this.

It's a shame I can't share my hand-gestures and movements that normally accompany my philosophical ramblings but I think I've been able to convey the essence of my ruminations on this topic.

The other thing I would like to touch on is the idea of projecting. We know that parts that we wish to disown (both negative and positive) we unconsciously project onto others. "Can't be me, must be him/her/them."

So my question/pondering on this is as follows.

We are told in the Work, generally, to not identify with our thoughts and emotions, as they're passing phenomena, not really representative of our True Selves. So the point I wish to raise here is the distinction between projecting, disowning and transcending.

It's easy to say "he has anger issues" and suppress your own anger. It's also easy to say when getting angry "this is not really my anger, it's just a passing phenomena" and disown it like that. But what is the point when we actually transcend these attachments and identifications and when are we simply deluding ourselves?

Say there's someone who truly, objectively, has anger issues, and you truly don't. Then if you say "he has anger issues", you are being truthful and not projecting onto them. Okay. But on an ultimate 7D level, we have a shared essence/Self, so on a certain level, the anger issues also "belong" to you.

This might be a completely semantic approach to this, but as this theme is coming up repeatedly in my own life in the form of people making me feel a certain way, only for me to have the realization that this is how I make them feel, I'm intrigued to understand in what situations the concept of projection applies and in what situations it doesn't. So I'm creating situations where - sometimes over very long periods of time - the emotional scales invariably balance themselves. This of course ties into the whole Law of Three/Polarity thing as well.

This is probably pretty elementary stuff but the thorough understanding and integration of this knowledge I think will bring one much closer to objective understanding. To touch on the idea of Truth as well, I think the 'signature' of one of the members here really says it best, paraphrased it's; "Truth can be seen as the central point of a circle, from where it's surrounded by 360 degrees of opinion and interpretation."

To add to this, I had the following abstraction form in my mind:

At the center lies the capital T Truth, it's omnipresent, all-encompassing and undefinable. At this level it can only be directly experienced.

Surrounding it is the mesoteric circle, the final checkpoint before the infinitude of the Truth. At this level we can formulate archetypal ideas and energies, which we can still describe using our conventional languages. After this point, entering the realm of Truth, words as we're accustomed to using them cease to have meaning. The communication that happens within the realm of Truth is pure and instantaneous understanding and insight. No words needed.

After the mesoteric circle, moving outwards toward non-being and ignorance, we have the esoteric circle, in which we find elaborate systems of correspondences (astrology, numerology, occultism etc.) that are based on the archetypal ideas and energies that have been formulated in the mesoteric circle. In this circle - as it is not in direct contact with Truth, only through the "intermediary" mesoteric circle - subjectivity starts rearing it's ugly head, and we get distortions and interpretations that can vary greatly from what the objective reality is on any given matter. Subjectivity could also be present in the mesoteric circle, but only to a low degree.

After the esoteric circle we move outwards into the exoteric circle and the collective unconscious, which readily manifests all the archetypal ideas and energies formulated in the mesoteric circle, but because we are far removed from Truth on this level, all these processes remain unconscious for the most part. But even in the exoteric traditions of organized religion, we can't help but see connections to the capital T Truth as all ultimately stems from that source. On this level however we create elaborate subjective ideas that we believe to have roots in Truth, but in actuality the roots might only go as deep as a misinterpreted and twisted esoteric idea.

Outside of the exoteric circle, the unconscious mind stands with the back towards the truth, looking out toward seeming nothingness. Lack of meaning and apathy is widespread among the minds occupying this end of the spectrum. As the "nothing" they are looking towards corresponds to 1st Density which ultimately leads back to 7th Density, I imagine this system I've tried to present here as a kind of toroidal field, where the outer leads back to the inner, from where the Creation process begins anew.

Thanks for reading my word-salad, looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

I would additionally like to share two phrases that came to me yesterday:

"Every now-moment is a hypothetical rendition of that which is."

"If you know yourself, share it."

Back
Top Bottom