Samsung tv's

hlat said:
If pulling the plug every time is a hassle for her like it is for me, then I recommend using an extension cord (power strip) that has a physical power switch on and off. I find it much more tolerable to flip the switch on and off rather than plug in and unplug every time.

Ahh, perfect! thanks.

TheTodd
"You can take it even one step further and connect it to a "Radio frequency remote controlled power switch" and just switch the power off by remote. You can controll more than one socket by one remote. Especially useful if you want to hide the wires and mechanical switches from plain sight or the socket is behind some furniture. It's not even expensive."

Thats interesting, hmm a bit higher tech. Thanks also.

Can I turn off my computer which connects me to the internet and wifi by also turning off the switch on my power strip its plugged into or will that mess up the computer? Sorry to be such a dunce. Maybe turning it back on after that will take longer for configuration of some sort. Turning off a tv or xbox with this method is simple maybe not with a computer however..

SummerLite said:
Can I turn off my computer which connects me to the internet and wifi by also turning off the switch on my power strip its plugged into or will that mess up the computer? Sorry to be such a dunce. Maybe turning it back on after that will take longer for configuration of some sort. Turning off a tv or xbox with this method is simple maybe not with a computer however..

For a computer it's best to just power it down normally. You can pull the plug but it's best not to because it has files and programs to close before shutting down and if it happens to be updating something when you unplug it that could cause you more trouble than it's worth.

Pete said:
SummerLite said:

For a computer it's best to just power it down normally. You can pull the plug but it's best not to because it has files and programs to close before shutting down and if it happens to be updating something when you unplug it that could cause you more trouble than it's worth.

You can power down the computer normally, and after the computer has turned off, then you can switch off the power strip.

hlat said:
Pete said:
SummerLite said:

You can power down the computer normally, and after the computer has turned off, then you can switch off the power strip.

Thanks for the clarification on that! I'd been wondering about this off and on for awhile. I'm working on breaking through the glamorization of all things wireless with my son who has a house full of the latest gadgets. He's also having sleep and energy problems along with 2 kids, ages 2 and 4 who have explosive emotional outbreaks. :( I'm at one of those points where I'm putting my foot down and demanding him become informed on the issue. Surely it must be acceptable to give ones children hell sometimes. He is resistant but I'll have none of it. Sorry to go off topic. I'm now placing my tablet, which is usually wifi connected, near the modem instead of leaving it laying around the house where I could be walking, sitting etc. through the energy surge. Just another small precaution

SummerLite said:
I'm working on breaking through the glamorization of all things wireless with my son who has a house full of the latest gadgets. He's also having sleep and energy problems along with 2 kids, ages 2 and 4 who have explosive emotional outbreaks. :( I'm at one of those points where I'm putting my foot down and demanding him become informed on the issue. Surely it must be acceptable to give ones children hell sometimes. He is resistant but I'll have none of it.

Unfortunately, you son as an adult has his free will to choose how to raise his children. We're not supposed to try to change people who have not asked for help and don't want to change.

It is difficult to watch adult family members make bad health decisions and take no interest in the health knowledge that we have.

hlat said:
SummerLite said:
I'm working on breaking through the glamorization of all things wireless with my son who has a house full of the latest gadgets. He's also having sleep and energy problems along with 2 kids, ages 2 and 4 who have explosive emotional outbreaks. :( I'm at one of those points where I'm putting my foot down and demanding him become informed on the issue. Surely it must be acceptable to give ones children hell sometimes. He is resistant but I'll have none of it.

Unfortunately, you son as an adult has his free will to choose how to raise his children. We're not supposed to try to change people who have not asked for help and don't want to change.

It is difficult to watch adult family members make bad health decisions and take no interest in the health knowledge that we have.

Hi hlat, I guess that statement sounds demanding, bossy, over bearing and not recognizing free choice. I can see that. It was how I was feeling at the time. My son is open to what I say and he listens. His resistance is actually, rather minor on this subject and he's willing to learn. I have 2 children and they are both rather "resistant" and like to go with the status quo often. BUT, they are both open to what I say to them although it can be a bit difficult sharing information in a acceptable manner sometimes. Its totally worth the effort though because I've been able to help them in ways that they'd never receive otherwise and in some very important areas so I need to give it a shot.

This free will choice and no interference can be a gray area for me. Say a person you care for, is walking down a road and you see danger ahead they don't see and you tell them about it even though they didn't ask. Sometimes they stop and change direction and learn whats needed by what you've said. I've seen sure catastrophe avoided this way. So maybe its one of those "situational" subjects. Doing what the situation calls for, not black or white or one size fits all. That openness in the other needs to be there though, no forcing. I agree with that even though I was sounding otherwise.

SummerLite said:
This free will choice and no interference can be a gray area for me. Say a person you care for, is walking down a road and you see danger ahead they don't see and you tell them about it even though they didn't ask. Sometimes they stop and change direction and learn whats needed by what you've said. I've seen sure catastrophe avoided this way. So maybe its one of those "situational" subjects. Doing what the situation calls for, not black or white or one size fits all. That openness in the other needs to be there though, no forcing. I agree with that even though I was sounding otherwise.

Here's a quote and a link by L/L Research on The Law of One, for ‘abridge free will’

(I Be Listing also, as it can be a borderline issue of changing one's frequency in the wrong direction)

L/L Research
_http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=abridge%20free%20will&st=all
Snippet:
73.14 Questioner: An observation of the working itself by another entity would seem to me to partially abridge free will in that a seemingly magical occurrence had taken place as a result of the working of an adept. This could be extended to any phenomenon which is other than normally acceptable. Could you speak on this paradox that is immediately the problem of anyone doing healing?
Ra: I am Ra. We are humble messengers of the Law of One. To us there are no paradoxes. The workings which seem magical and, therefore, seem to infringe upon free will do not, in themselves, do so, for the distortions of perception are as many as the witnesses and each witness sees what it desires to see. Infringement upon free will occurs in this circumstance only if the entity doing the working ascribes the authorship of this event to its self or its own skills. Those who state that no working comes from it but only through it is infringing upon free will.*

* Ra meant to say “not infringing” on free will.

Back
Top Bottom