Session 25 August 2006

Hi Piotrek --

Piotrek said:
I had a question about the following:

Laura said:
Q: ... (Atriedes) According to the Chinese, there are five movements of energy. Is this correct?
A: Close enough.
Q: (Atriedes) Were the two extra meridians added in to corrupt it or to make it better?
A: Corruption, adding elements of another sphere.

I'm not quite sure which two extra meridians are being spoken of...
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are 12 'main' meridians (6 Yin and 6 Yang) and eight 'extraordinary' meridians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_%28Chinese_medicine%29
Any hints as to what the two 'extra' meridians might be?

If you take a look at the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Xing

...you'll see that there are only ten meridians, and that when compared with the chart in the link you posted, the original "fire meridians" have been split into two each, increasing the total from ten to twelve. I think this is what Atriedes was talking about, although he can confirm this if he wants.

Shijing said:
...you'll see that there are only ten meridians, and that when compared with the chart in the link you posted, the original "fire meridians" have been split into two each, increasing the total from ten to twelve.
Ah! That makes sense now - 5 elements, 5 organs.
Pericardium and Triple-burner seem like the most likely additions -- something to look into.
Thanks for the help!
P

Piotrek said:
Pericardium and Triple-burner seem like the most likely additions -- something to look into.

Yeah, that's what I thought too -- they seem to be sort of stuck in ad-hoc, don't they!

Sorry for private affairs, but to express my hearty thanks to your sharing the transcripts, I will tell my impression.
Soon after this transcript was published, I happened to come to Singapore on business.
It seems that "East Coast Park" is the beach near Changhi Airport.
There are many races here. I saw people moving riding on the rear deck of the trucks yesterday. Great gap exists between rich people and poor people.

Laura said:
Peam said:
I'm not sure what the C's mean by saying “unless your intent is to leave the body”

My current understanding was when you die you go to 5D where you 'recapitulate' the lifetime you just left, even to the prospect of actually experiencing your interactions with others from their perspective. Sort of like the ultimate form of putting yourself in another persons shoes, but experienced in the timeless state of 5D.

But why do the C's say “unless your intent is to leave the body”? Do people who commit suicide experience total recap of their lifetime while still in 3D just before death?

Why needlessly complicate something? Remember what Gurdjieff wrote about conscience and consciousness?

Can someone say in what text Gurdjieff talks about conscience and consciousness?
I dont remember what he wrote, or perhaps I havent read it yet.

Iron said:
Laura said:
Peam said:
I'm not sure what the C's mean by saying “unless your intent is to leave the body”

My current understanding was when you die you go to 5D where you 'recapitulate' the lifetime you just left, even to the prospect of actually experiencing your interactions with others from their perspective. Sort of like the ultimate form of putting yourself in another persons shoes, but experienced in the timeless state of 5D.

But why do the C's say “unless your intent is to leave the body”? Do people who commit suicide experience total recap of their lifetime while still in 3D just before death?

Why needlessly complicate something? Remember what Gurdjieff wrote about conscience and consciousness?

Can someone say in what text Gurdjieff talks about conscience and consciousness?
I dont remember what he wrote, or perhaps I havent read it yet.

From In search of the Miraculous of Ouspensky :

"'Conscience' is again a term that needs explanation.

"In ordinary life the concept 'conscience' is taken too simply. As if we had a conscience. Actually the concept 'conscience' in the sphere of the emotions is equivalent to the concept 'consciousness' in the sphere of the intellect. And as we have no consciousness we have no conscience.

"Consciousness is a state in which a man knows all at once everything that he in general knows and in which he can see how little he does know and how many contradictions there are in what he knows.

"Conscience is a state in which a man feels all at once everything that he in general feels, or can feel. And as everyone has within him thousands of contradictory feelings which vary from a deeply hidden realization of his own nothingness and fears of all kinds to the most stupid kind of self-conceit, self-confidence, self-satisfaction, and self-praise, to feel all this together would not only be painful but literally unbearable.

"If a man whose entire inner world is composed of contradictions were suddenly to feel all these contradictions simultaneously within himself, if he were to feel all at once that he loves everything he hates and hates everything he loves; that he lies when he tells the truth and that he tells the truth when he lies; and if he could feel the shame and horror of it all, this would be the state which is called 'conscience. A man cannot live in this state; he must either destroy contradictions or destroy conscience. He cannot destroy conscience, but if he cannot destroy it he can put it to sleep, that is, he can separate by impenetrable barriers one feeling of self from another, never see them together, never feel their incompatibility, the absurdity of one existing alongside another.

"But fortunately for man, that is, for his peace and for his sleep, this state of conscience is very rare. From early childhood 'buffers' begin to grow and strengthen in him, taking from him the possibility of seeing his inner contradictions and therefore, for him, there is no danger whatever of a sudden awakening. Awakening is possible only for those who seek it and want it, for those who are ready to struggle with themselves and work on themselves for a very long time and very persistently in order to attain it. For this it is necessary to destroy 'buffers,' that is, to go out to meet all those inner sufferings which are connected with the sensations of contradictions. Moreover the destruction of 'buffers' in itself requires very long work and a man must agree to this work realizing that the result of his work will be every possible discomfort and suffering from the awakening of his conscience.

"But conscience is the fire which alone can fuse all the powders in the glass retort which was mentioned before and create the unity which a man lacks in that state in which he begins to study himself.

"The concept 'conscience' has nothing in common with the concept 'morality.'

"Conscience is a general and a permanent phenomenon. Conscience is the same for all men and conscience is possible only in the absence of 'buffers.' From the point of view of understanding the different categories of man we may say that there exists the conscience of a man in whom there are no contradictions. This conscience is not suffering; on the contrary it is joy of a totally new character which we are unable to understand. But even a momentary awakening of conscience in a man who has thousands of different I's is bound to involve suffering. And if these moments of conscience become longer and if a man does not fear them but on the contrary cooperates with them and tries to keep and prolong them, an element of very subtle joy, a foretaste of the future 'clear consciousness' will gradually enter into these moments.

Takashi Takahashi said:
Sorry for private affairs, but to express my hearty thanks to your sharing the transcripts, I will tell my impression.
Soon after this transcript was published, I happened to come to Singapore on business.
It seems that "East Coast Park" is the beach near Changhi Airport.
There are many races here. I saw people moving riding on the rear deck of the trucks yesterday. Great gap exists between rich people and poor people.

Takahashi San thank you for translating the transcripts to Japanese!
Happy Birthday! :D :cheer: :flowers:

Q: (Alana) What is recapitulation? (Guest:SD) Looking at your life. (Galahad) Going back over your life and looking at yourself. (Laura) Without mercy or without self-pity. (Perceval) You get a realistic assessment of yourself. (Alana) Is it better to do the recapitulation all at once, at one time, or are you better to do it slowly, slowly in smaller steps?

A: It is impossible to do all at once unless your intent is to leave the body.

Q: (Alana) Thank you. (Perceval) You would die of shock.
Interesting reminder of just how many lies and illusions humanity lives under, and that awakening is a process that requires some time and significant work.

Back
Top Bottom