Session 29 April 1995

Q: (L) Was the town that Terry went through one of the perpendicular reality towns?

A: Close. Need seven spokes.
I just came across a description of an image that reminded me of this. It is Jacob Boehme's image of the nature of God. He describes it as a wheel composed of seven wheels, such that it can move in any direction. (At first I thought they were concentric, but I think he means they form something a sphere.) Each share a common central nave, and are connected by spokes. The wheel represents God, the seven wheels His seven "spirits", the nave Christ, and the spokes the Holy Spirit.

So perhaps the Holy Spirit is "perpendicular" to our reality (i.e. a higher dimension than height, width and depth). The center or heart is Christ, which connects to the divine via the spokes.

I just came across a description of an image that reminded me of this. It is Jacob Boehme's image of the nature of God. He describes it as a wheel composed of seven wheels, such that it can move in any direction. (At first I thought they were concentric, but I think he means they form something a sphere.) Each share a common central nave, and are connected by spokes. The wheel represents God, the seven wheels His seven "spirits", the nave Christ, and the spokes the Holy Spirit.

So perhaps the Holy Spirit is "perpendicular" to our reality (i.e. a higher dimension than height, width and depth). The center or heart is Christ, which connects to the divine via the spokes.
Thanks, @Approaching Infinity for the reference to Jacob Boehme's image. I have tried to visualize "perpendicular" realities but I did not think of the spherical aspect that could tie them together. I found some interesting drawings/illustrations on the Wikipedia biography of Boehem.

Böhme_Philosophische_Kugel

Böhme_Philosophische_Kugel.jpg

And another interesting drawing that may or may not relate
Dionysius_Andreas_Freher_The_Works_of_Jacob_Behmen

Dionysius_Andreas_Freher_The_Works_of_Jacob_Behmen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom