Severe Air Turbulence

I’m terribly sorry if this is not the right spot for this, but here’s some more turbulence-related injuries. All minor, thankfully, but is this a new developing trend? One can only hope not.

Twelve injured as Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Dublin hits turbulence​

At least six passengers and six crew members were injured on Qatar Airways flight QR017, Dublin airport said in a statement on Sunday.

It said that the aircraft landed safely as scheduled before 1pm (12:00GMT). Upon landing, it was met by emergency services, including airport police and the fire and rescue department, the airport said.
“A small number of passengers and crew sustained minor injuries in flight and are now receiving medical attention,” read the statement. “The matter is now subject to an internal investigation.”
The incident comes after a British man diedand dozens of people were severely injured on a Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight that hit sudden and severe turbulence on Tuesday. The aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing in Bangkok, Thailand.

Edit: I just noticed that there is in fact a thread for severe air turbulence. My sincere apologies!

Last edited:
There was the Singapore Airlines turbulence incident six days ago (One dead as Singapore Airlines flight from London hit by severe turbulence) and now this one (Twelve injured as Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Dublin hits turbulence).

Like Niall said in today's show, there's always the x-factor...
I saw that,

I have a feeling this will become a lot more common going forward. I suppose if you have to travel or are traveling, keep your seatbelt on.

We did have a whole set of airplanes being smashed by hail while in flight a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom