Seychelle water pitcher removes fluoride?

Hi hlat,

I'm so glad you mentioned the Berkey removing fluoride. I was going to ask this question here but because its a different filter being discussed I let it pass (confusion on forum etiquette I guess). I have been considering getting the Berkey with the fluoride filters but after reading the topic here thought maybe it wasn't that efficient after all and more information was needed on THEIR testing and results. Humph, that bogged me right down in my decision process.

From 2013: Seekingtruth

Yeah, as far as I know, RO and distillation are the only reliable way to remove fluoride, too

So this discussion had me wondering. Also disappointing about Dr. Mercola making unfounded claims on his filter. I've seen things like this come up before concerning his products and claims, studies done that refute what he says.

I will ask that question I didn't ask before: How efficient is the Berkey at eliminating fluoride? Have you or anyone else looked at their test results with a "knowing" eye, meaning you actually have experience and knowledge with whats claimed in these tests. Have you tested their filtered water yourself perhaps. I am not a person with experience/knowledge in this area so appreciate the input of someone that does.

I'm fortunate to never have had drinking water with artificial Fl2 in it, using RO, distillers and well water all my life. Thought I'd just add that little pat on my back :D.

edit: wrong name on quote.

In my tests of the Berkey fluoride filter, I've seen fluoride concentrations pre-filtering at 0.80 ppm drop to 0.15 ppm post-filtering with a brand new filter. Over time, the filter's effectiveness will decrease, and I've seen the decrease to 0.50 or even not filtering anymore.

Thanks hlat,

So does the RO eliminate all the fluoride? That would still be the best option if that's the case. I'm a bit disappointed in what you say. My plan was to use this filter on my city tap water and then on untreated water if needed, stream, rivers etc. But since it doesn't remove all Fl2 perhaps sticking with the RO water I buy locally is still better (very cheap, 30 cents per gallon).

May I ask you for more advise on the matter? Is this 0.15 ppm a extremely low percentage or what? thanks

Have a look at sites like this.
_http://fluoridealert.org/content/top_ten/

0 would be better, but I'm fine with 0.15 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom