Share Your Current Significant General Insights

This month, the shortest of the year, I felt like time was in slow motion. It's not a matter of me being less busy, it has nothing to do with that. Usually time, it seems to me, is like accelerated, there is like an acceleration of time. But February for me was like slower, like elastic, like a rubber band that stretches, like a tug that falls gently without breaking.

What is this due to? I have no idea.

Is this the kind of thoughts or reflections you are talking about? I find it interesting to put here some moments that seem special to us, why not. It's like sitting around a table in the morning and telling our dreams of the night. Of course, there is the thread about dreams, but it's not only that nor about dreams. Telling about moments, fleeting as a shooting star, that seemed strange to us, can make us see the reality of others, see that we are all united, after all. What we experience individually, in these strange times, is also part of what the group experiences.
I'm thiking about something that comes as an answer to a question that comes in a flash. It is like the collapse of a field of potential answers to a problem, where the best answer sort of slaps you in the face :). Or maybe something profound occurs to you seemingly out of the blue. I may think about something for a long time, doing mental work, sometimes that functioning has to stop for a while before insight comes, perhaps the other hemisphere of the brain needs a go at it.

This month, the shortest of the year, I felt like time was in slow motion. It's not a matter of me being less busy, it has nothing to do with that. Usually time, it seems to me, is like accelerated, there is like an acceleration of time. But February for me was like slower, like elastic, like a rubber band that stretches, like a tug that falls gently without breaking.

Is this the kind of thoughts or reflections you are talking about? I find it interesting to put here some moments that seem special to us, why not. It's like sitting around a table in the morning and telling our dreams of the night. Of course, there is the thread about dreams, but it's not only that nor about dreams. Telling about moments, fleeting as a shooting star, that seemed strange to us, can make us see the reality of others, see that we are all united, after all. What we experience individually, in these strange times, is also part of what the group experiences.
The same thing has been happening to me for a year or two. Each month is like several months. It seems very long.

I think it may be due to the fact that those of us in the forum work on several levels at the same time.

Here in the forum it is a continuous accumulation of knowledge and exchange, but at the same time we live everyday life at work and our homes, with many people who live a "flat" life and do not want to know.

It's like superhero movies, in which after a battle to save the earth, the next day the hero is in his neighborhood buying bread at the bakery.

Our consciousness is much busier than that of other people and every day we have "acted" on different levels at the same time.

Good idea, I may try something like that for a more personal journal myself. I can form new habits, and I do think journaling, and keeping a dream journal is something that can be highly beneficial.
Journaling keeps records where Im at and helps in actively remembering and various integrations. Forgetting is one of the functions of our brain. I know I have read it in IG but just forgot which account 😅, yet I have found this article which is equally interesting: Human Brains Aren’t Designed to Remember Things.

Or, “Sudden Noise my Machine is making that May actually be true and/or Useful”.

I had TC’s reaction at first. Oh great, more noise. How long did it take Intellectual Humor to become whatever any and all humor?

But I did just have one of the insights Mark7 is referring to. What if the impetus for this thread idea comes from the subconscious self-suppression that exists in general? Be careful what you say and how you say it. And so a “what pops into your head that feels like a flash of insight from on high” thread kind of removes those guardrails. Of course while still leaving the poster open to the Bronx cheer/raspberries. :whistle::phaser:🤡

I have been thinking about what the Cs said about time, that it kinda doesn't exist except as a convention. That's a very hard concept to grok fully. I saw a video of the towers falling and I remembered what the Cs said about a 'time dome' being placed over the buildings. I got the impression while watching that I was seeing a time-lapse video of billions of years as the towers crumbled to dust. I don't know if that's what really happened but it was an intense... sensation.

I also visited my father's old homeplace recently. Or tried to because the 100 or so acres and 2 houses built by hand were completely gone. A new road had come through and they had simply removed those 100 acres and more down to 50 feet or more. Today, those houses would be floating in the air. It was a really visceral lesson about the temporal nature of this world, as was driving through town.

I found out that AI may be a little fundamentalist in its 'thinking'. I don't think this particular bot is sentient yet. I wonder if I shouldn't be playing with this stuff. Heck, I might be the millionth monkey that unleashes some great digital beast on the world, (doubt it, hope not).

Anyway, I asked "did Jesus exist as a real person, why or why not?

And I got this back:
Yes, Jesus existed as a real person. This is supported by a wealth of historical evidence, including the writings of the first-century Roman historian Tacitus, the Jewish historian Josephus, and the early Christian writers such as Paul and the Gospel authors. Archaeological evidence also supports the existence of Jesus, including the discovery of a first-century ossuary (bone box) inscribed with the name “Yeshua bar Yehosef” (Jesus, son of Joseph).
So it might be good to know that AI may not be all that smart, (unless it's pulling my leg here). :-/
Maybe not much of an insight, I found it a bit funny though.

Or, “Sudden Noise my Machine is making that May actually be true and/or Useful”.

I had TC’s reaction at first. Oh great, more noise. How long did it take Intellectual Humor to become whatever any and all humor?

But I did just have one of the insights Mark7 is referring to. What if the impetus for this thread idea comes from the subconscious self-suppression that exists in general? Be careful what you say and how you say it. And so a “what pops into your head that feels like a flash of insight from on high” thread kind of removes those guardrails. Of course while still leaving the poster open to the Bronx cheer/raspberries. :whistle::phaser:🤡
Well, I would want to really be sure I was posting something of some merit, showing some thinking or work involved, and leading to real insight. But that is really a tall order in a way, so just see what develops. Maybe we will have some similar insights that when shared lead to deeper insights. I get insights after focusing on a certain problem for a long time, usually.

Well, it is a one month old thread but I think it is interesting. How do we get insights? For what it's worth, I had insights after chanting, and it was after chanting Hare Krishna although I am not here to promote that at all, but just saying as it is. And that was a long time ago.

All I'm saying is that we are an energy, emotion having a flesh experience and that this flesh is weak and prone to illnesses and through this we have a bad experience , for the lack of a better word.
Our task is to find ways to expand our counsciousness and embody the feelings/emotions which we long to feel.

How we do that I don't know. But I feel we need to find ways to "empower" ourseves and change the way our flesh feels where feeling is the substance that needs to be "manipulated".

But again, I don't know how, effectively. Insights are a way, but again how?

Well, it is a one month old thread but I think it is interesting. How do we get insights? For what it's worth, I had insights after chanting, and it was after chanting Hare Krishna although I am not here to promote that at all, but just saying as it is. And that was a long time ago.

All I'm saying is that we are an energy, emotion having a flesh experience and that this flesh is weak and prone to illnesses and through this we have a bad experience , for the lack of a better word.
Our task is to find ways to expand our counsciousness and embody the feelings/emotions which we long to feel.

How we do that I don't know. But I feel we need to find ways to "empower" ourseves and change the way our flesh feels where feeling is the substance that needs to be "manipulated".

But again, I don't know how, effectively. Insights are a way, but again how?
asking the question is a good beginning. krishnamurti has said that each question bears in it the response...

asking the question is a good beginning. krishnamurti has said that each question bears in it the response...
True that. At least I feel that to be true. Well, there is a school of thought which teaches that by asking ourselves " who am I" we may come to just temporary, short lived realisation of it. After multiple experiences of it, this realisation may go deeper and deeper each time.
This process is not necessarily easy, but life is also not easy, at all.
Insight or not I think we're not this body in strict sense but we're expressing ourselves through it, we're really hardwired to it, a lot. Like something that has grown to us, like a tree after a seed which is our soul.
After this life, we will be thrown into another without our consent and by the sole decision of our overlords, taking into accounts our present energy level and awareness.

Main point is, we're energy which is emotion, which is expressed only in a way that our body allows us.
If our body is clogged then our actions, feelings and everything is clogged too.
Finding effective ways to clean our bodies is the task we must do to be able to express ourselves fully.
There is a lot of noise in this world which comes from the souls that are not "realised" fully in their bodies, which brings just more anxiety and confusion, well that's just how I feel it is.
The main problem is that we are much much more than what we think we are, but (I'm sorry for sounding whatever it may look like) I do believe our bodies were "hacked" hundreds of thousands years ago in order to make us what we are today, fragile, ilness prone, weak beings ( DNA).
This unknown, "unnecessary" DNA, may hold the key, which can be realigned, turned on through our awareness, which should be felt as strong emotion..
Eh. My 2 cents.

Well, I would want to really be sure I was posting something of some merit, showing some thinking or work involved, and leading to real insight. But that is really a tall order in a way, so just see what develops. Maybe we will have some similar insights that when shared lead to deeper insights. I get insights after focusing on a certain problem for a long time, usually.
Nice. And the question has been asked: where do insights come from? And when do they come? What changes in the observer over the course of pondering a question that opens the gates of insight?

“I give up”

So I am very much in favor of this thread idea. There are so many threads with a specific topic with 0-50 replies that are very narrow in focus. This is like a wide angle macro lens filter that can reveal just as much truth as a laser focused thread. In fact, the macro view may be more of a rarity and challenging task than to pick apart something with a microscope.

Another way to look at this thread is like the corner bar? People come in and loosen the screws on self-censorship. It could carry the risk of becoming a gossip corner but even that has a positive side.

Here is an example: the Ukraine thread is massive. Every little thing gets amplified and dissected on an hourly basis. “OMG, General Pissov farted, good God what does it mean?” To me, the Ukraine affair has taken on the energy absorption of an obsession.

If I post that in the Ukraine thread it is likely it would attract all kinds of flak and defensiveness from those with the biggest investment. People have the free will to discuss what they want and to suggest the thread is obsessive would be a sort of free Will restriction.

It’s problematic. But it’s a macro view. The Macro Lounge? IDK.

It’s problematic. But it’s a macro view. The Macro Lounge? IDK.
Macro Lounge works, anything goes as long as it's useful to others. It would be interesting if members started having insights around a specific topic out of the blue. Also, insights might start popping off like popcorn at some point, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom