Show #35: Surviving the End of the World (as we Know it)

Gandalf:
Yes I want to help doing translation to spanish. Please could you tell to the Spanish Team, I would apreciate their guide.
Regards
Dulma :cool: :lol: ;)

dulma said:
Gandalf:
Yes I want to help doing translation to spanish. Please could you tell to the Spanish Team, I would apreciate their guide.
Regards

Hi dulma,

I ask the Spanish team and come back with an aswer as soon as possible.

Thanks for offering.

Just stumble up this and found it interesting:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Distortion_Field
Reality distortion field (RDF) is a term coined by Bud Tribble at Apple Computer in 1981, to describe company co-founder Steve Jobs' charisma and its effects on the developers working on the Macintosh project.[1] Tribble said that the term came from Star Trek.[1] Later the term has also been used to refer to perceptions of his keynote speeches (or "Stevenotes") by observers and devoted users of Apple computers and products.[2]

The RDF was said by Andy Hertzfeld to be Steve Jobs' ability to convince himself and others to believe almost anything with a mix of charm, charisma, bravado, hyperbole, marketing, appeasement and persistence. RDF was said to distort an audience's sense of proportion and scales of difficulties and made them believe that the task at hand was possible.

The term is also used by Apple's competitors when they criticize Apple. On Research In Motion's official BlackBerry blog, Jim Balsillie introduced his article by saying “For those of us who live outside of Apple’s distortion field”.[3]

Jobs' reality distortion field was parodied in Dilbert: Dilbert built a functioning reality distortion field emitter, which is used during Dogbert's keynote speech,[4] while previous strips parodied iPhone flaws.[5] In chapter three of the 2011 biography of Steve Jobs, titled Steve Jobs, biographer Walter Isaacson states that around 1972, while Jobs was attending Reed College, Robert Friedland "...taught Steve the reality distortion field...”

The term has extended in industry to other managers and leaders who try to convince their employees to become passionately committed to projects without regard to the overall product or to competitive forces in the market. It also has been used with regard to hype for products that are not necessarily connected with any one person.[6] Bill Clinton's charisma has been called a reality distortion field.[7] The chess champion Bobby Fischer was said to have a "Fischer aura" surrounding him that disoriented Boris Spassky and other opponents.[8]

Gandalf said:
dulma said:
Gandalf:
Regards

Hi dulma,

I ask the Spanish team and come back with an aswer as soon as possible.

Thanks for offering.

Hi dulma,

The translation team and specially the Spanish team will be happy to welcome you. :clap:

So, an invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group and tell them what you have already done and don't hesitate to ask for help.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Back
Top Bottom