Show #38 - Dr. Aleta Edwards Interview: Fear of the Abyss

Lisa Guliani said:
Bravo, bravo!!! An outstanding guest and excellent exchanges.
You hit another one out of the park.

Many thanks!!

I totally agree with Lisa.

I have just bought her kindle book.

Gandalf said:
Lisa Guliani said:
Bravo, bravo!!! An outstanding guest and excellent exchanges.
You hit another one out of the park.

Many thanks!!

I totally agree with Lisa.

I have just bought her kindle book.

I liked very, very much. Thank you. And I will buy the book very soon. I have to read this book!

Fantastic show as always! And a wonderful guest to have. I'll be ordering her book now and hope she does come out with it in book format at some point too.

I could only listen partially, but I think she was a great and very friendly guest. And the book I like to add to my reading list, some comments reminded me of Peter Levine In an unspoken voice.

Great show! Thank you All and many thanks to Aleta Edwards for this really meaningful discussion of her book. I really need to buy it and read it now. I was thinking about calling at the beginning of the show, but couldn't. I was crying almost through the whole show. It's time to start real work on myself. Thank you for your work. Good job and good night! :)

Really great show and well thought out questions form the Sott team. I really enjoy the parallel discussions taking place in the chat room so thanks to the participants there too!

Looking forward to next weeks show.

Thank you for another great show! :thup:

I Also really enjoyed the commentary at the end of the show. I particularly liked Jullians comment: paraphrasing - "People often interpret books they've read on Narcissistic parents as an excuse to heal their inner child, but what they often end up doing is learning to manipulate or become better manipulators who have a lot of self pity". Jullian then referenced the point of Dr. Aleta's advice: to acknowledge that you are manipulating and try to start building real relationships built on honesty rather than manipulation.

And I also really found it fascinating that Dr. Alets's whole "spoke & wheel" concept was founded and based on a sincere effort to reach people in a collinear way. That's really awesome external consideration. It was very obvious that Dr. Aleta is filled with empathy and genuine care & concern for her patients and all people in general. :)

parallel said:
I can't find the chat room, or the tutorial on how to access it that was posted in one of the radio show threads, hint please?

I don't see this link either. Another hint please?

Jasmine said:
I don't see this link either. Another hint please?

It is on the very same page as each episode. No link to follow. If it works, it will pop up between the area at the top (with title, player and text description for the episode) and the area at the bottom (a Facebook-style comments section). (EDIT: Also - it only appears during broadcast, not afterwards! I.e., the chat is a one-time event for each episode during the time it is "on air".)

In this space between the upper and lower part, you'll see a "Loading..." animation once the show starts and then the chat will be there. If it works. Sometimes you have to re-load the page. Sometimes several times. It's basically a matter of luck how well it works.

If at first it doesn't work, the show has begun, and you don't want to miss out on any audio by refreshing the page, you can open another tab in the browser with the same page (the episode broadcasting). The first tab will keep playing the audio, and then you can mess around in the other tab until you get the chat working there without missing anything.

Also note that you need to log in to Blogtalkradio to be able to comment in the chat (rather than just reading it). So it's a good idea to do that before the show begins.

Another fantastic show! Dr. Edwards was a great guest and seemed very genuine. Thank you all.

Nienna said:
Another fantastic show! Dr. Edwards was a great guest and seemed very genuine. Thank you all.

She wrote on her FB:

I had my interview today with SOTT talk radio!!! These were the most charming, intelligent, nice people and I enjoyed it more than I can say! My only regret is not getting to meet them in person and chat more! If you want to hear the interview you can go to the SOTT site and hear it in the archives!

Back
Top Bottom