Show #41 - Steve Jobs' Apple Revolution and the Fall of Man

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday November 10th, 2013: Steve Jobs' Apple Revolution and the Fall of Man

Got the latest iGadget? Have you joined the Apple Revolution? Apparently more than mere products, there are those who argue that the iPod, iMac, iPhone and iPad are part of an ‘Apple Revolution’ that elevated computing – and the development of human consciousness itself – to a higher plane. But are such plaudits really merited?

Steve Jobs’ legacy undoubtedly influenced computing in a big way, but Apple is, of course, just one company among many. This week on SOTT Talk Radio we’re going to look at the state of information technology and ask whether it’s liberating us, or imprisoning us. From tablets and laptops to wi-fi and smartphones, what effects are these tech toys having on humanity?

Join us this Sunday November 10th 2013, from 8-10pm CET (2-4pm EST, 11am-1pm PST) as we taste the fruit of good and evil.

Hmmm I'm looking forward for this one haha I will maybe make a call to participate ;D

Yeah, looking forward to hearing it, as well. Will be dissected like only the SOTT crew can do. :)

If you're going to discuss tech innovation as part of this, the following may be useful - may also be for whoever's interested in the topic:

http://www.sott.net/article/236946-Dennis-Ritchie-Day

Dennis Ritchie's work underlies the entire internet infrastructure. Pretty much nothing would be the same without it. For that matter, none of the modern operating systems would exist, and very little of today's software would exist, without his work.

Ritchie died the same month as Jobs, but unlike in the case of Jobs, this never became big news outside some geek and programmer circiles.

Few people in the last half-century have furthered and shaped modern technology as much - for both good and ill, in looking at how it's all ultimately turned out.

Excellent show, SoTT Talk, especially within the context of the historical background and how it is "locked" into what we have today.

Thanks, and good night folks. :)

Thanks for the show guys!

Appreciated the shout-out to Dennis Ritchie. He had a direct impact on my life. His book "The C Programming Language" literally changed the course of my life.

Thanks for another interesting show, guys! It's great to be able to listen to people who know what is really going on in the world.

A point raised about focus on appearances, from Steve Jobs' angle with Apple to a larger impact on society, was good to mention - nicely encapsulates a stimulation-seeking, instant gratification market behind modern technology.

Thank you for another great show guys.

I enjoyed the song at the end, "write in c, write in c!" :lol: very well done and nice discussion. Quite a few things I had not considered about how much I use my phone on a daily basis without even thinking about it... but I certainly don't buy into the iCult.

Yeah, great show guys. Again.
Especially liked the myth-busting you did on Steve Jobs and Apple.
Not bragging, but I have NEVER owned a cell phone, or any sort of texting device. If you need one for work or whatever, I guess that's a different story.
If you want to get hold of me, phone my land-line phone (I have call display and voice mail), send an e-mail or snail mail. In most cases, I'm happy to reply.
Again, great show.

Thank you guys for another terrific show! Really enjoyed the special guests. The show was packed with great information and insight. Loved the cherry on top with the ending song, excellent. :clap:

Thank you for the great show! I got a chance to listen a whole show yesterday. Last week, I missed most of it, the door in the bathroom closed from the inside, and I had to figure out how to unlock it. When I finally did it using video on youtube, the show was almost over.

The information about Apple and Samsung, wi-fi, and the zombifying influence of modern gadgets is very revealing and shocking. I still use Mac and want to change that, and to do that I need to learn about computers which I never really did before. The meaning behind the Apple logo _http://true-color-of-mind.blogspot.com/2011/04/meaning-behind-apples-logo.html and all the information revealed on the show makes me think that this company is part of the black arts devision of the cabal. Creepy. Apple corporation is a cult. "Love" apple, Datura Plant, mind control, or it puts the user of the devices made by this wonderous company under direct influence of hyperdimensional entities? Shocking! Reference to prism, manipulation of light, knowledge, and NSA is shocking too.

The evil this psychopathic cabal perpetrates in China with their chinese counterparts is just mind boggling. It's like something from the science-fiction movie about some totalitarian state in the future. Shockingly, it is a reality, and nothing really change since Mao and his "re-educational" camps. Here is some information about Foxconn company _http://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/chinese-workers-foxconned and _http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/foxconn-s-other-dirty-secret-the-world-s-largest-internship-program What an evil, greedy bunch! Totally psychopathic!

I did believe a lie about how Apple computers is so much better than other computers. Not anymore. My ex-husband is a big fan of Apple computers, so it was due to his influence, but mostly because of my laziness, ignorance and/or unwillingness to really learn, figure out what to use and how, that's why I used it for so long. Time to get computer 101 course and make better choices. Same with the cell phone. I use it minimally (no landline phone), so I do need to make changes with this too. I actually got the cell phone, four years ago or so, and it was a gift. Yeah, some gift. Didn't want to do it, but gave in due to pressure to "stay in touch" when not home.

Thank you, Redrock12. What you've described, is great! Good example to follow.

Thank you once again and to all the guests and a caller. Very interesting show.

Thanks for another great show. This was the first one I listened to live as it was being "broadcast."

Back
Top Bottom