Show #58: Information theory, or why your brain is not your mind

Voyageur

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Great Show! – Excellent talk, Harrison, very nice to hear your voice again and your thinking on the subject matter discussed; looking forward to you book’s release. :) Thanks Joe, Niall and Pierre, for presenting/participating in such an interesting collinear theme today.
 

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Very interesting show indeed, lots of food for thought, and I'll definitely be listening to it again! Thanks a lot Harrison and SOTT crew.
 

The Mechanic

Jedi Council Member
Great show, looking forward to the book! Harrison mentioned the documentary "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" with a revealing Dawkins quote in it, which I found online here (don't know if it's worth watching actually): _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g
 

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Great show guys! Interesting questions and a lot to think about :)
 

happyliza

The Living Force
Thank you for the great show guys - really informative. Thanks Harrison. Looking forward to your book too - there is definitely a need for such objective information out there. Was good to hear.

FWIW

I always thought that there could ONLY be one truth out there, universal truth included. Because if there wasn't one truth (but others too, or variations etc), then how on earth could it be truth?

Not forgetting the Law of 3 of course (context/situation).
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
happyliza said:
Thank you for the great show guys - really informative. Thanks Harrison. Looking forward to your book too - there is definitely a need for such objective information out there. Was good to hear.

FWIW

I always thought that there could ONLY be one truth out there, universal truth included. Because if there wasn't one truth (but others too, or variations etc), then how on earth could it be truth?

Not forgetting the Law of 3 of course (context/situation).
I think that from a certain perspective, there are multiple truths, but when put together and seen in the right context, the make a coherent whole, that is, they don't contradict each other. In a sense, that might be the same thing as saying there is only one truth, but that one truth is very complex, basically all information and how each piece relates to each other piece, and how they fit together in the whole.
 

Jefferson

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Another really good show!
Very timely - and a topic that has been on my mind for quite some time

:)
 

dugdeep

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I couldn't listen to this one live, unfortunately, so I'm just catching up. Great show! I think this topic is extremely fascinating and rich with avenues for discussion. It could probably use an entire second show and not tread over anything previously said! It was nice to hear Harrison's voice again, too :)

As others said, I'm really looking forward to the book.
 

Mr. Premise

The Living Force
Awesome show! Great job, Harrison, you were very clear and articulate on some thorny issues. I was very impressed with Joe, Pierre's, and Niall's comments, too.
 

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Mr. Premise said:
Awesome show! Great job, Harrison, you were very clear and articulate on some thorny issues. I was very impressed with Joe, Pierre's, and Niall's comments, too.
I couldn't have said it better.
Great show with a very enlightening discussion.
 

H-KQGE

Dagobah Resident
voyageur said:
Great Show! – Excellent talk, Harrison, very nice to hear your voice again and your thinking on the subject matter discussed; looking forward to you book’s release. :) Thanks Joe, Niall and Pierre, for presenting/participating in such an interesting collinear theme today.
Just finished listening to this. Lots of great points discussed. It's a topic that I need to study so much more to be able to properly understand other topics. I think Richard Dawkins wants to be a robot, & Kniall would probably wish him luck, as would I LOL. Some of what was said toward the end of the show reminded me of a very very brief comment by the C's (can't remember the year) about a "lost" higher knowledge of mathematics. It was at the beginning of the session I think, something to do with words (the name given corresponded to an equation or something) & the way to calculate it with numbers. I look forward to the book. Thanks for the show! :grad:
 

Anthony

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Somebody even deleted the wiki entry for the electric universe model.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Universe_model

16:17, 13 January 2007 TheParanoidOne (talk | contribs) deleted page Electric Universe model (CSD R1: Redirect to non-existent page)
11:51, 26 July 2005 QTxVi4bEMRbrNqOorWBV (talk | contribs) moved page Electric Universe model to Electric Universe concept (This is not a "model" in the scientific sense and so should not be refered to as one)
 

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Anthony said:
Somebody even deleted the wiki entry for the electric universe model.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Universe_model

16:17, 13 January 2007 TheParanoidOne (talk | contribs) deleted page Electric Universe model (CSD R1: Redirect to non-existent page)
11:51, 26 July 2005 QTxVi4bEMRbrNqOorWBV (talk | contribs) moved page Electric Universe model to Electric Universe concept (This is not a "model" in the scientific sense and so should not be refered to as one)
This whole wiki wars is disgusting- blatant public perception management going on right before our eyes. They(PTB) keep wanting to feed us steaming piles of horse dung don't they? Thank you for a great show, a lot to take in and I'm going to listen to it again. :thup:
 

Gary

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thanks guys for another very relevant, important show! I look forward to Harrison's new book, also Pierre's!!! :)

I am reviewing Laura's Knowledge and Being videos at present - particularly the Information Theory and Reality Creation one, and am trying to read up more on this fascinating subject.


From the Cs session of 28th May 2013:

Q. (L) ....What is the nature and function of the human capacity for belief?

A. Automatic pattern recognition software run amok.


Would Faith therefore be "Automatic pattern recognition software" running orderly?


In a very simplistic manner, as I understand it, beliefs are not the result of critical thinking and/or are distorted by emotional attachments - somewhat 'chaotic' (STS/Lies). Whereby, Faith seems to be the result of a more open, unifying approach, critical thinking and trusting in the process - therefore 'orderly' (STO/Truth).

I imagine our current planetary reality akin to a jigsaw. Essentially it is STS, the vast majority of the individual pieces (humans) are STS. Yet at a certain juncture (the Wave) all these pieces are thrown in the air and new jigsaws (realities) are created. Depending on individual/group 'weighting' - STO or STS, we naturally find the reality framework, jigsaw box, into which we best fit. That could be 3D or 4D or if the pieces lost under carpet (5D - or between densities/dimensions in 'suspended animation').

If information is the (or perhaps a) shaping principle, applying Truth and Objectivity via conscious choices and actions means we are able to form new pieces and new jigsaws, as it were. Creating a new reality - but not in the 'wishful thinking', sitting on ones backside, New Agey context.
 

Breton

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Anam Cara said:
Thanks guys for another very relevant, important show! I look forward to Harrison's new book, also Pierre's!!! :)

I am reviewing Laura's Knowledge and Being videos at present - particularly the Information Theory and Reality Creation one, and am trying to read up more on this fascinating subject.


From the Cs session of 28th May 2013:

Q. (L) ....What is the nature and function of the human capacity for belief?

A. Automatic pattern recognition software run amok.


Would Faith therefore be "Automatic pattern recognition software" running orderly?


In a very simplistic manner, as I understand it, beliefs are not the result of critical thinking and/or are distorted by emotional attachments - somewhat 'chaotic' (STS/Lies). Whereby, Faith seems to be the result of a more open, unifying approach, critical thinking and trusting in the process - therefore 'orderly' (STO/Truth).

I imagine our current planetary reality akin to a jigsaw. Essentially it is STS, the vast majority of the individual pieces (humans) are STS. Yet at a certain juncture (the Wave) all these pieces are thrown in the air and new jigsaws (realities) are created. Depending on individual/group 'weighting' - STO or STS, we naturally find the reality framework, jigsaw box, into which we best fit. That could be 3D or 4D or if the pieces lost under carpet (5D - or between densities/dimensions in 'suspended animation').

If information is the (or perhaps a) shaping principle, applying Truth and Objectivity via conscious choices and actions means we are able to form new pieces and new jigsaws, as it were. Creating a new reality - but not in the 'wishful thinking', sitting on ones backside, New Agey context.
Reminds me of this quote, that I have always liked:

Alan Watts said:
Faith is an openness and trusting attitude to truth and reality, whatever it may turn out to be. This is a risky and adventurous state of mind. Belief, in the religious sense, is the opposite of faith - because it is a fervent wishing or hope, a compulsive clinging to the idea that the universe is arranged and governed in such and such a way. Belief is holding to a rock; faith is learning how to swim - and this whole universe swims in boundless space.
 
Top Bottom