Silent Lightnings

Tigersoap

The Living Force
Yesterday night there was the weirdest display of lightning I have ever seen in my life.

Usually the belgian weather is more like a blanketed white sky that sees no end, but it was really hot and humid last night with huge clouds.

I started to see lightnings at around nine but heard no thunder, which may have been due to the the distance, I just heard a deep rumble once but nothing else.

At around eleven, from our bedroom, we watched lightnings in the sky that did not stop, at all.
It looked like constant discharge of lights (no bolts), variating in intensity but there was no sound at all.

The explanation for such silent lightning on the net was : too far to be heard but It does not explain the constant light we were seeing imho.

Has anyone, under other latitudes, witness this kind of phenomenon ?

Hi Tigersoap,

Not sure if what you saw is the same thing, but it sounds like what we called 'heat lightening' when I was growing up in the Southeastern US - here's a link explaining it _http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/274/

anart said:
Not sure if what you saw is the same thing, but it sounds like what we called 'heat lightening' when I was growing up in the Southeastern US - here's a link explaining it _http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/274/
Thank you Anart, I think it explains it.
I thought the nephilims were coming home early.
I never saw such thing until last night though.

There is a video here quite alike, the only difference is that there were no lightning bolts that I could see and the flux was more rapid, without breaks.

_http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bgg3_eclairs-de-chaleur_tech

Hey Tigersoap,

the first impression I got was to think about: "heat lightning" as well.
I have seen it sometimes in the eastern part of Germany.

We get heat lightening all the time up in the great lakes. Especially over the lakes.
What scared the bejeebus outta me was the first time I saw lightening and heard thunder during a snow blizzard in the winter...

At present and for the last hour we have had continuous lightning and no sound of thunder. checked out the heat lightning and other link here. The thing is , this lightning is above us directly and has not moved for the last hour.hmmm.

I had never experienced fear from thunder and lightning until the last couple of years.

When I was younger, I was an avid outdoorswoman -- hiking, camping, sleeping out under the stars, long-distance cycling through all kinds of storms and inclement weather -- and never once felt even a little nervous about thunder and lightening and storms. I actually found them rather exhilarating. But the kind of storms we've been having over the last couple of summers -- there have been a few times when I got "caught" outside with the dogs, and literally feared for my life. I've never experienced thunder so LOUD, lightening so CLOSE. The dogs were frightened too.

We just had another thunderstorm here today. When I went out into the garden to cover up some things, there was a clap of thunder that felt so loud and close, that I screamed, dropped what I was doing, and ran into the house....

:scared:

PepperFritz said:
We just had another thunderstorm here today. When I went out into the garden to cover up some things, there was a clap of thunder that felt so loud and close, that I screamed, dropped what I was doing, and ran into the house....

:scared:
Same here, we also had a storm yesterday in northern Catalonia , and I felt fear and an internal tension wich only dissipated when it ceased to lighten.

Had a very violent thunderstorm here last night, the worst I've seen in my life. There are trees and branches down all over the place. My garden fence is damaged, but -- miraculously -- there's little damage to the garden itself.

Things are sure "heating up"....

PepperFritz said:
Had a very violent thunderstorm here last night, the worst I've seen in my life. There are trees and branches down all over the place. My garden fence is damaged, but -- miraculously -- there's little damage to the garden itself.

Things are sure "heating up"....

Yup, I got to experience that one too! It was very intense, alot of lightning and rain, the wind had an ominous whistle to it and it even started to hail for a little bit. Real big ice pellets too. I was thinking to myself, if I was stuck out there with this hail storm ...

Same here, in New York.
I never experienced so many storms, happens very often!
Violent wind, huge thunders (sometimes I'm pooping in my pants :scared:) and lightnings, hail and flood.
But everywhere on the BBM same happening!

We get a lot of heat lightning this time of year in Georgia. I think the last 6 months, though, has been unusual in the number of rain and flash flooding experiences. Lately its been very, very humid with late afternoon rain clouds and occasional rain.

This afternoon, it was so hot and humid, that after just a tiny little shower (not enough to soak the ground), it smelled like an overheating radiator outside. Really muggy.

anothermagyar said:
Same here, in New York.
I never experienced so many storms, happens very often!

The weather in New York City this year is really intense. The thunder is really explosive, but the silent lightning feels more ominous. About two weeks ago when I was coming back from upstate there were flashes of continuous lightning that lasted for hours and covered miles.

Storms are predicted for today, tonight, and tomorrow.

According to today's New York Times, precipitation over the last 365 days was 59.51 inches. The average is 49.69 inches.

Moderator's note: Deleted the blank space.

The image taken by me late at night a month ago and it was exactly as you guys described in this topic” freaky and scary” several silent strong “flash of lights” inside the clouds with no thunder at all despite the closeness to my location, not even a single drop of rain which is usual in this kind of weather in Norway.

3690982069_57ba7d0d97_b.jpg

That's an amazing picture, Qbone. The sky seems as though it is advancing to overwhelm the houses below which look totally oblivious to what is taking place above them.

What a visual metaphor!

Back
Top Bottom