sinais dos tempos blog - new signs of the times blog in Portuguese

Green_Manalishi

Jedi Master
Hi all. As suggested by a moderator at the translations group, i would just like to announce that a similar blog to the senales de los tiempos, but in portuguese is now online (http://sinais-dostempos.blogspot.com/) with the help of our spanish speaking translators. It is starting slow, but we hope it will catch some speed in the future. Perhaps this blog isn't very important for the portuguese speaking forumits here in this forum, because if they are here it's because they understand english fairly well, but perhaps we can divulge it to people we know that don't understand the english language as we do, and let them decide what to do with the info presented in the blog (don't want to shove it down anyone's throat, respecting free will and all that :))

It is looking better and better. I think this will have a good effect overall. Some of the readers of the Spanish blog are actually Portuguese speakers, so they sure will be glad to find articles in their own language. :D

Keep up your great work! A big thank you on behalf of all the translators group. For those who don't know this, we have very few Portuguese members in the group, and they are doing an excellent job, translating, publishing articles, and always on top of things. This is what we wish to create with many more languages, so that those who don't have the privilege of speaking English can still have access to the worldview taught by Laura and Ark, this forum and SOTT.

Everybody brace yourselves: SOTT is going global and available to everyone in the world!!! ;)

Thanks Green_Manalishi and also thanks to the Spanish translators for the help with getting the blog up and running. The blog is slowly but surely growing in the number of articles available. It would be nice if more portuguese readers could join the translators group. There is so much material that needs to be translated.

Thanks

Green_Manalishi said:
Hi all. As suggested by a moderator at the translations group, i would just like to announce that a similar blog to the senales de los tiempos, but in portuguese is now online (http://sinais-dostempos.blogspot.com/) with the help of our spanish speaking translators. It is starting slow, but we hope it will catch some speed in the future. Perhaps this blog isn't very important for the portuguese speaking forumits here in this forum, because if they are here it's because they understand english fairly well, but perhaps we can divulge it to people we know that don't understand the english language as we do, and let them decide what to do with the info presented in the blog (don't want to shove it down anyone's throat, respecting free will and all that :))

Nice job. :thup: :clap:

Thanks everyone for the support.
I apologize for the late answer, but in this past two weeks i have had an health problem that made it impossible to visit the forum and continue to do some translations (i read somewhere here in the forum that this past weeks people where reporting more "attacks", feeling depressed, etc, is there some thread that discusses this?).

Gandalf said:
Green_Manalishi said:

Nice job. :thup: :clap:
Very recently I was thinking about this, and then I did a search on the forum today, and i found it. It has already been tried.
it's clear that all the portuguese speakers that are here, do so because they speak english and we all read SOTT. The need to translate articles comes from the wish to share what we learn with more people, even if they don't ask for it.

And if we don't ask for it, we will not care, and we will not read it anyway.

But we could be ready for when people start asking and i think that the hot topic will be earth changes. So to the people that are doing this I would like to offer my help.

I maintain a blog in portuguese about the themes discussed here in the forum. However, due to time constraints I have been kinda unable to maintain it in a proper pace. I wonder if all the portuguese speakers can team up in order to make it a more effective effort?

Iron said:
I maintain a blog in portuguese about the themes discussed here in the forum. However, due to time constraints I have been kinda unable to maintain it in a proper pace. I wonder if all the portuguese speakers can team up in order to make it a more effective effort?

I think it is quite possible! The "Sinais do Tempo" blog has been very still for sometime, we can begin translating new Sott articles asap. I am free to translate into portuguese (my native language) as my free time allows. I'll check some nice articles on pressing issues to begin translating.

With Victor, that makes three of us. There are others in the forum, I'm sure. We could start a thread or something to organize our efforts.
How we can proceed?

Ok.

So after five years or so :-[, i think this Portuguese translations work should re-start.

With all that has been happening recently in the world, and with almost everyone just spewing what they see in the mainstream media, I just feel it is important to create some kind of counter-weight to all this madness. The only way I can think of helping in a tiny bit, is by putting information out there for anyone that is willing to read it.

How can we start this? How are the other translation teams working?

Green_Manalishi said:
Ok.

So after five years or so :-[, i think this Portuguese translations work should re-start.

With all that has been happening recently in the world, and with almost everyone just spewing what they see in the mainstream media, I just feel it is important to create some kind of counter-weight to all this madness. The only way I can think of helping in a tiny bit, is by putting information out there for anyone that is willing to read it.

How can we start this? How are the other translation teams working?

We have dedicated groups for SOTT, and for translations. As you can see, in the last year SOTT has added many languages. We have actually been waiting for a Portuguese team to form, as we think it would be great to add it to the list too, given how many Portuguese speakers there are in the world. But so far, there aren't many volunteers. So, maybe you re-vamping this thread was good idea. Let's wait and see. :)

Back
Top Bottom