Smoking is... good?

Update: I am now smoking around 7-10 cigarettes per day. The effects of the nicotine are more noticeable now that I'm using it. I am looking at buying a tobacco pipe as that seems like a good way to just get pure tobacco, and it's cheaper than cigarette brand I'm buying it.

Story time: A coworker a few months back asked me about my experience with Keto Diet. Today he messages me about the great success he is having with it after 6 weeks - he no longer has migraines (he was having them regularly) and has lost 22 lbs so far! I make a few comments about how "turns out animal fat is good for you and sugar and carbs aren't all that great! who knew?". He tells me has had Covid-19 twice, both times very minor symptoms, but no cough, like his wife got. I probe a bit more - turns out he smokes on and off. Tell him about data showing Covid 19 patients being mostly non-smokers, even in smoking heavy countries like China. And then the time seemed right and I asked, "What if... smoking tobacco.. is good for you? Would you want hear an explanation why?" -- "Yes".
So I sent him the sott.net article with the compressive review about tobacco - "Woah! This is down the rabbit hole! This is awesome holy crap! It makes so much sense". :-D:cool2:

I also shared this article with two other friends who smoked off and on, and they seemed convinced, especially after discussing the data from covid in relation to smokers, and talking about all the atmospheric nuclear pollution generated right before the lung cancer spikes.

Then I had a thought I sent off into the universe.... "How's that make you feel 4D STS?" :cool2:
Hello SubnetUnMask, thank you for sharing your experience with smoking.
I was "programmed" from a very young age by the saying that smoking was evil. for many years, I would follow everything which was said to me on this level, I would be a very good girl until I decided to fly away from the nest. I tried smoking when I was in my 20s but it didn't work. I couldn't understand the use of swallowing smoke for the fun... But I tried.
Many years later, when I read that smoking could actually be good for you, I had no doubt that it could be true. It resonated with me, you see. I decided to start and experience it again with tobacco and pipe.
I usually feel like smoking the pipe like someone would like a glass of wine by the end of the day. I don't need a lot, three or four inhalations and changes occur in my body straight away. My hearing is more focused, my breathing is at peace, my whole body relaxes, my skin on my hands is tickling and capture the air around, and feel that the air and birds around me are talking to me. Well let's say it has become a fun moment for me to have those experiences and try to understand why.

Anybody has tried to start smoking and has experiences to share?? :cool2:

I started 4 years ago, mostly as a tool to vent from my job stress. I turned out that besides that, I also enjoy it with coffee or when going out for a drink. However, I never use it as a habit or when I am home.
I do not feel any craving for it and can stop it whenever I want, so I use it for same purposes as at the beginning: stress reduction or moments to enjoy. :) :cool2:

I started 4 years ago, mostly as a tool to vent from my job stress. I turned out that besides that, I also enjoy it with coffee or when going out for a drink. However, I never use it as a habit or when I am home.
I do not feel any craving for it and can stop it whenever I want, so I use it for same purposes as at the beginning: stress reduction or moments to enjoy. :) :cool2:
Thanks for sharing your experience PerfectCircle (great name!)
I would be curious to know if you experience any physical, attention related changes since you smoke or while you smoke or after. Thank you

Funny how these penalties for smoking loosely follow the harshness of the lockdowns....?

15293.jpeg
Hi Adobe..
Yes, here in Australia is very sad .....not only tobacco is very expensive , (I smoke Manitou Organic , and is over 70 AUS $ for a 30 gr pouch ) but actually there are very few places where you can even smoke , I remember once that I was in front of a shop in Sydney , just finish to roll and light the cigarette , the shop's owner walked out and told me to move because I was under the 3 meters distance , which is the minimum distance required, and this goes for bars, restaurants etc... there are squares , were despite you are in open air you cannot smoke with relevant signage as well , as usual there will be fines for non compliance and there are some people here that will have not problems at all to take a picture and report you to the cops!!

Thanks for sharing your experience PerfectCircle (great name!)
I would be curious to know if you experience any physical, attention related changes since you smoke or while you smoke or after. Thank you
Hi Pat, you are not alone!
I experience several of the same benefits as you described, and find my clarity of thought greatly enhanced by a lovely calm smoke on the deck.
You may find the explanation for your delightful and invigorating sensations and brain responses to nicotine in this video.
Of course, with the added information, it will probably open up more questions, but that’s why the self discovery journey is so interesting, in my opinion.
So, this guy, Andrew Huberman is a credentialed researcher and holds a teaching position at Stanford university, and he is really into understanding brains, brain chemistry and healing and improving brain function.
The whole presentation is very informative, but the nicotine/epinephrine/Acetylcholine/dopamine connection starts at 37:27 minutes in.
Of course he can’t advocate smoking, heaven forbid, but, I have heard through the underground sources, he does smoke pure tobacco cigarettes on occasion.

Hi Adobe..
Yes, here in Australia is very sad .....not only tobacco is very expensive , (I smoke Manitou Organic , and is over 70 AUS $ for a 30 gr pouch ) but actually there are very few places where you can even smoke , I remember once that I was in front of a shop in Sydney , just finish to roll and light the cigarette , the shop's owner walked out and told me to move because I was under the 3 meters distance , which is the minimum distance required, and this goes for bars, restaurants etc... there are squares , were despite you are in open air you cannot smoke with relevant signage as well , as usual there will be fines for non compliance and there are some people here that will have not problems at all to take a picture and report you to the cops!!
In NZ, Manitou 20s cost $36 and a small pouch of Manitou is over $90

Hi Pat, you are not alone!
I experience several of the same benefits as you described, and find my clarity of thought greatly enhanced by a lovely calm smoke on the deck.
You may find the explanation for your delightful and invigorating sensations and brain responses to nicotine in this video.
Of course, with the added information, it will probably open up more questions, but that’s why the self discovery journey is so interesting, in my opinion.
So, this guy, Andrew Huberman is a credentialed researcher and holds a teaching position at Stanford university, and he is really into understanding brains, brain chemistry and healing and improving brain function.
The whole presentation is very informative, but the nicotine/epinephrine/Acetylcholine/dopamine connection starts at 37:27 minutes in.
Of course he can’t advocate smoking, heaven forbid, but, I have heard through the underground sources, he does smoke pure tobacco cigarettes on occasion.
Thanks a lot Debra for the video. Will start looking into it now .

Recently this interesting study was published.

It appears that smoking modifies microbiota. Or it modifies what microbiota releases. Obviously the study says that "smoking is bad" and they don't know the reason for the weight gain. But I have a layman speculation that is based on the fact that nicotine "sharpens the mind". The gut is being called a "second or even the first brain". It's possible that there is some sort of connection between the increased brain activity and metabolic activity. Simply put, it's possible that the brain "on nicotine" has increased energy requirements, and gut microbiota regulates it.

Recently this interesting study was published.

It appears that smoking modifies microbiota. Or it modifies what microbiota releases. Obviously the study says that "smoking is bad" and they don't know the reason for the weight gain. But I have a layman speculation that is based on the fact that nicotine "sharpens the mind". The gut is being called a "second or even the first brain". It's possible that there is some sort of connection between the increased brain activity and metabolic activity. Simply put, it's possible that the brain "on nicotine" has increased energy requirements, and gut microbiota.
Intersting. Its something i have noticed recently. Especially after using mapacho and rolling tobacco. Feels like mapacho has a stronger effect on gut rleasing uneasiness. Other tobacco products tend to move towards impatience

From the article:

Far from being 'roundly disproved,' the evidence that smokers are at reduced risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection is much stronger today than it was when the hypothesis first emerged last March. This evidence cannot be dismissed on the basis of tenuous financial links of a handful of researchers to the tobacco and vaping industries. Why do we keep seeing this strong inverse association between smoking and SARS-CoV-2 infection? Is it the nicotine? Is it the smoke? Is it something else? We do not know and we are not going to find out by burying our heads in the sand. [2]

The article:

From another article:

Daily active smokers are infrequent among outpatients or hospitalized patients with COVID-19. Several arguments suggest that nicotine is responsible for this protective effect via the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR).

Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection.

The article:

Not only does nicotine protect but also this doctor shows that ivermectin works through the nicotinic receptors too!! C’s for the win!! Now we know why there’s been this anti-smoking campaign by the Nazi’s since WW2!!

All this because the venom component is being revealed now to CV-19 (Cobre Venom 19)! Start here at the 20:22 mark in this interview for the nicotine information.

Interview of Dr Tau Braun

Maybe I'll share my cigarette smoking story, too.

I started smoking regularly when I was about 18 years old, but I started smoking irregularly 2-3 years earlier, which is strange, because I come from a family where practically no one smoked, neither both grandmothers, nor grandfathers, nor great-grandfathers from my father's side (I remember all of them personally).

My father smoked for about 5 years, but he quit because he met my mother and did it under her categorical influence before I was born which is before 1974. My mother is a sworn enemy of smoking and to this day she can't accept the fact that I still smoke because she considers it extremely harmful to my health and no arguments have reached her all these years, well media propaganda, but I understand that she was very worried and concerned about me. When I was younger I experienced this a lot because I was called an outcast, an addict, it was like I was a finished alcoholic or drug addict, although I used alcohol occasionally and never drugs.

I currently smoke about 10-15 cigarettes a day and I'm fine with it, and I'm not going to quit at all, despite the ongoing propaganda. I used to think that I was actually doing something wrong and would die of my own will, but when I came across Laura's website many years ago and learned about C's transcriptions, I realized that this was probably not a coincidence. It was only then that I began to realize that maybe my body needed it, and that by succumbing to the media propaganda I was fighting myself and going against myself, which gave me a lot of self-confidence and inner encouragement.

When I was a few years old my uncle (my father's sister's husband) used to smoke I used to watch him and I liked it very much because the smoke would come out through his mouth and nose and I would let the vapor out through my mouth when no one could see in a cold room and I thought it was fantastic.

Now, after 30 years of smoking I've noticed that when I have a problem that I don't know how to solve at first I automatically go for a smoke and when I come back more than once I've had the solution ready.

One more thing I have to say is that I only smoke outside, in the open air, on the balcony, and I clearly don't like the taste of a cigarette indoors, neither in winter nor in summer, and I always go outside to smoke, whether at home or at work.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Fwiw, SOTT.net net had this recent article up:

Back on this post, there is this paper cited:

6. BERRY G. The Interaction of Asbestos and Smoking in Lung Cancer: A Modified Measure of Effect. Annals of Occupational Hygiene 2004;48:459-462.

And if read, it might suggest the same principles could be applied to the first link above, although that links focus is on what is deemed to be mutations, while the latter is on increased lung coating that helps dispel particulates.

I remember personally digging through the NIH (that's the American government's National Institutes of Health) website many years ago (maybe ten years ago) and looking closely at all the cancer statistics. At that time, they showed the US smoking rate had declined about 30% in 30 years. At the same time, the cancer incidence rate had increased about 30% in 30 years, including lung cancer. It's not difficult to guess from this that smoking is certainly not a main cause.

I also noticed that although there was a whopping headline that smoking increases risk of lung cancer by 50%, I saw that the actual number, in context of the whole population, was that the risk went from 6% for non-smokers to 9% for smokers. We don't know, of course, how accurate any of this data really is, but based on these published numbers, saying that most smokers don't get lung cancer is a huge understatement if 91% do not get it.

PubMed (NIH) published "A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications" (referred to in earlier posts and by Dr. Ardis) almost two years ago. It's here:

There was a smattering of other articles in various publications, over the past two years, referring to the observed resistance of smokers to covid. I remember one linked in Twitter, which, of course, received overwhelming backlash and angry expressions of disbelief among the general public. I can't even think of another topic about which people are so thoroughly brainwashed (maybe Ukraine/Russia?), suggesting that the effort put into anti-smoking propaganda has been very serious, and that the desired result was an absolute must for them. Maybe it's the 50+ years of relentless maintenance of this propaganda that has made it so durable.

Back
Top Bottom