Solo: lost at sea (2008)

Has anyone seen this documentary? It might give some insight on STS behaviour.

Andrew McAuley left his wife and child to be the first person to kayak the Tasman Sea. Because he 'had to search for dangers, to really feel alive'.

Only 50 miles away from New Zealand, he capsized and drowned.

_http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1297301

“I see the triumph of good over evil as a manifestation of the error-correcting process of evolution.”
— Jonas Salk

628x471.jpg

Terry Jo Duperrault

28957bb55a2fa850f9a77cfdf9a8fc14.png

This reminded me of this story,

25 miles offshore. You go overboard, your boat takes off. What happens next? Schwab client Bill Durden’s incredible story of survival shows that with the right attitude anything is possible.

Lost at Sea

Reactions: Ca.
brings to mind of "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong".

I had my own adventure once in the Rockies where I went for a lazy afternoon walk into the nearby mountains to see if I could get to a peak that wasn't very high. As from afar the mountain looked extremely beighn I told no one I was going, as in "What could go wrong?".

Well for one, afternoons in mountains are something else then an afternoon in the city (darkness comes faster). Two, I never saw weather change as fast as it did in the mountains then. Three, I had no equipment except something to listen to as I was walking. Oh, I was in shorts and tennis shoes.

To make a long story short. It drizzled, started to get dark and I lost track of which way I went up there. Next I took the short cut going straight down and found myself at the edge of a 200- 300 ft. cliff. After a lot of mental struggle and bizarre thoughts I lowered myself jamming my hands and feet into cracks along the cliff. Where did I learn that ? A year earlier I visited some friends in Utah who introduced me to rock climbing. One day lesson :-)

So yes, "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong".

Reactions: Ca.
Back
Top Bottom