Sound wave focusing follow up?

Hi, everybody, i somehow started to think nonstop about this phenomenon of sound wave focusing. the question i have may be someone happened to come to it:
Do phonetic sounds of human speech, of letters we pronounce in different languages, like numerous glottals in arabic, nasal in French and so forth, does each of them corresponds to a unique frequency of a sound wave?
Is somewhere a table with these wavelenghts if is it's a case to be retrieved?

There may be some related links of interest in my last blog article 'The Magic of Sound' here: http://www.onomatopea.com/dblog/articolo.asp?articolo=13

To Laura,

Does Matthew have a website where one can order a harp? Or even better, is there a musical meeting that forumites could participate in on the horizon?

Thanks Dant :)

According to research singing can destroy cancer cells.

I've also had other strange experiences like having the power to a small town in Nevada knocked out with a blinding flash at the moment I reached the high note in an aria I was singing in a grave yard on Halloween night.

I've also noticed a correlation between a certain type of singing and chemtrail dissipation. When things like that happen from singing alone, I can only wonder what the result would be from doing it with like minded others.

Maybe instead of hiring an AMA doctor to "cure" cancer, hire a very high note soprano
to blast away my father's cancer - he is already deaf as am I, so that won't be
a problem. However, I'd like to have my Dad's doctor present and maybe the "good"
Dr. would get a good earful that might shatter his belief system? Ah, what the heck,
just buy a ticket to an Opera (with known high-note sopranos is cheaper than hiring
a soprano for a session or paying exorbitant AMA doctor fees. Who knows.)

Anyway, googling for: 'very high note opera singer', I found samplings:
_http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9E05E4DE1639E333A25756C0A9679C946997D6CF
_http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_333.html
_http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/arts_life/story.html?id=f5a50e97-3a82-4465-b3f3-7cc09b475883
[Italy?!?! Isn't THAT where you live MI? Are YOU a soprano????? Wow!]

Cheers!
(Note: I hope you know I am slightly "pulling your leg", mirth!)

CarpeDiem said:
off-topic:
Dant, do you and your father have prejuidices against maybe extreme non-allopatic cure of cancer? Dorogov's ASD-2 fraction of dry distillation of bone tissues which is officially used only in veterinary, had helped many here to cure different stages / forms of cancer. There is not much on it in English.
CarpeDiem, do you personally know of ASD-2 as being a beneficial treatment?

Hi CD!

First off, MI was talking about using singing to remove cancer - and I found
it humorous - interesting really - but when I think about ultrasonic therapy
it does sound plausible - however further introspection led me to wonder
how to prevent it's spread once "broken down" as it moves throughout the
body system. I was kind of joking about finding an Aria to immerse my
father with music, which is wonderful, such as Mozart (a thread was started
somewhere of this topic) - whilst my father was receiving his "treatment"
unaware - what an interesting thought! He does love the CD though.

Not to offend you please, I DO appreciate your kind response but I did not
expect anyone to respond with cancer treatments or solutions, I was rather
surprised. My fault, I guess in my "humorous" response to MI.

I have looked into cancer treatments and really - I did not truly know
what treatment would best work - but I did recommend him and his wife about
the concord grapes therapy - to read up on it and to choose for themselves
but apparently in the end - my father made up his mind as to do nothing -
let it take its own course without anything from the AMA (chemotherapy,
drugs, etc.), he said: "My bags are packed and I am ready to go." The odd
thing is that his tumor actually shrunk about 1mm but he is still feeling "like
crap". So all I could do was to make him feel comfortable and I brought him
some Mozart CDs - Requiem in D and gave him some of my crystallized Vitamin
C powder in large dosages which he really does not take much of. I think he
has made his choice - for better or for worst and I have to accept it.

I do have prejudices, but not against given advice but I do have the need to
know ie, to remove my ignorance and to supplant it with objective truth
before recommending anything to anyone and I would have to know
what exactly is it that I am treating as far as my father's specific cancer
involves. I am truly ignorant in this area (cancer).

As far as cancer goes, seems that there are advices given by members of this
forum: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5069&p=1

As Deckard said in the above given thread, it would be nice if there was new
post or topic for the discussion regarding cancer and therapy but then again,
it is not my call. Perhaps if you can be so kind to move your post/thread to
the above forum as it is "off topic"?

Hi Dant,

Yes, I live in Italy and I'm a soprano, but I don't sing opera anymore, except at home. You've heard of sunbaths, mudbaths, and probably milkbaths, but you've just given me an idea of a new line of work I can go into. How about operabaths! :)

Thanks for the links!

arise from the grave, ancient thread! :D

like many people i have been fascinated by the subject of sound wave focusing.
i'm currently reading a book on viktor schauberger, the austrian water wizard.
here is a bit i thought i should share here.

from: Implosion - Viktor Schauberger and the Path of Natural Energy (1985) [a collection of older writings]

When Dr. Jarl, M.D. studied at Oxford he had the friendship of a Tibetan student. Years later, during a journey to Egypt, he met his old friend again and was invited to spend some time in Tibet, which he did. One day his friend took him to a place near a cloister where construction was in progress. In a steep cliff, 250 meters above ground there was a cave.

Monks were busy building a wall on a small plateau in front of the cave. The spot could only be reached from the top of the cliff with the help of a rope. On the ground below lay a smooth, flat stone with a depression in its center, one meter across by 15 centimeters deep. A stone block about 1x1 1/2 meters was put in the bowl. At a distance of 63 meters from the bowl 19 musical instruments (ragdongs) were placed side by side in a 90° arc The radius of 63 meters had been carefully measured. The instruments consisted of 13 drums and 6 trumpets. Eight of the drums were 1 meter wide and 1.5 meters long. Four were medium-sized, 0.7x1m. The only small one was 0.2x0.3m. They were made from thick sheet metal, 3mm thick, weighed 150 Kg each and one end was open. Behind the instruments stood a row of monks, as shown in the drawing on the next page.

The priest who stood behind the small drum gave the signal to start the "concert". The instruments made a loud noise and the monks sang a mantra. For the first four minutes nothing happened. The tempo increased and suddenly the stone started to sway. Then the block shot upward with increasing speed toward the opening. Three minutes later it landed on the platform. Whenever a projected stone split it it was thrown back by the monks above. Within an hour it was possible to lift 5 or 6 stones up to the 250m level in a 500m long parabolic curve.

CENSORSHIP FROM THE BRITISH MIRO
Dr. Jarl had heard about the Tibetan stone raising. Others, like Linauer, Spalding and Father Huc spoke about it. At first Jarl thought it was a sort of hypnotic trick; then he made movies of the anti-gravity phenomenon; but the British company Dr. Jarl worked for declared the movies their property and they were not to be disclosed until 1990 when, after 50 years, they shall be released. This could be the way the Great Pyramid at Cairo, Egypt was built. In the book "The Egyptian Heritage", by Mark Lehner, based on the Readings of Edgar Cayce, published by the Cayce Foundation, we find this question, page 88, Q.14: "How was this particular pyramid at Gizeh (a suburb of Cairo) built7" Answer: "By those forces in nature as make for iron to swim. Stone floats in the air in the same manner. This will be discovered in 1958."

(Could be! Flying Saucers landed at Edwards Air Force Base, California in 1954. In 1955 the U.S. Air Force engaged Martin Aircraft company to set up an Advanced Design project at Baltimore to crack the secret of anti-gravity. In three years they could have done it. RHC)

Here is an experiment easier to duplicate! At the turn of the century an assistant at the University of Vienna made a discovery that could have changed physical theory, had it not been forgotten!

A pressure of 5 atmospheres (73psi) forced tap water down a pipe. The jet at the bottom of the pipe had a diameter of about 0.2-0.3mm. The higher the pressure the better the result. About 30-40cm beneath the jet a metal container insulated on the outside with paraffin (overlapping the top edge) was placed; it is important to have the container isolated against ground. A wire led from the container to an electroscope. When a paraffin plate was held in an angle a short distance from the thin water thread, the electro-meter registered a charge of 10,000 volts! Connecting the wire to a neon tube would make it glow. A question arose: Why must the paraffin plate be at a certain angle? Later a Swedish research group extended this experiment by using a second jet at a distance of 60 cm from the first. The result was a double charge. This was accomplished by crossing isolated conductors from one water thread to the container of the other and vice versa. The loop through which the water thread goes must be horizontal and at a certain height, to be found by experimentation. Then came a big surprise: as soon as the static electricity field had reached a certain density, the water thread beneath the loop split and each single thread of water reversed its course and rose upward. Even with 73psi pressure behind it, the water had lost its heaviness and danced around in the air.

the drawings and the 3 pages this was taken from can be found here:
_http://pdfcast.org/pdf/schauberger

I wasn't sure where to post this, but didn't want to start a new thread. If this video is real, it's amazing. Resonant soundwaves from a car bass system literally causing the glass windows to ripple, behave like a fluid. I work with glass sometimes and bending it like this doesn't seem possible. Otherwise, this is not my area so if anyone has more information it would be appreciated. Is the footage real and unaltered?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but didn't want to start a new thread. If this video is real, it's amazing. Resonant soundwaves from a car bass system literally causing the glass windows to ripple, behave like a fluid. I work with glass sometimes and bending it like this doesn't seem possible. Otherwise, this is not my area so if anyone has more information it would be appreciated. Is the footage real and unaltered?

I'm no expert but do enjoy a bit of photography.

Looks like the Rolling Shutter Effect caused by the refresh rate of the phone used for filming.

To the naked eye it would probably just look like a typical vibration.

Maybe, but the rate of movement of the image alters along with the vibration. In other words, the window flexes slowly then quickly as the vibrations change. Also the wing mirror seems to show some movement in its reflected image of the window. Glass does exist in a sort of state that has properties of a liquid, but the metal of the door even seems to flex too. That's why I'm not convinced either way.

Maybe, but the rate of movement of the image alters along with the vibration. In other words, the window flexes slowly then quickly as the vibrations change. Also the wing mirror seems to show some movement in its reflected image of the window. Glass does exist in a sort of state that has properties of a liquid, but the metal of the door even seems to flex too. That's why I'm not convinced either way.
Yeah, it's a weird one...

This video gives a great explanation of the rolling shutter effect:

However, it only shows really fast moving objects and shows where they are captured on the camera sensor.

The image is captured where it is at the time of the camera sensor refresh and, depending on which direction the object is moving at the time, creates some cool distortions. To me that implies that the glass still had to be flexing away from the car door frame in order for a gap to appear between the glass and the door... Very strange.

I've not been able to find any other videos of the rolling shutter effect on glass of any kind unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom