Soup of stone from the sea

casper

The Living Force
This is a very old recipe that was created primarily because of the very difficult living conditions of fishermen who before 50- 60 years, all the catch (fish) caught by were forced to sell in order to have money for other necessities of life.
For starters, we need a clean bay, fins, mask and snorkel, we can go in search with a rocky part of the coast of porous stone, no more than mediocre cabbage. Soup select the stone which has the highest population, in its cavities.

Stone Soup

Ingredients: 1 porous rock filled with mussels, with barnacles, snails, prawns, vegetable for soup, tomato, onion, salt

Preparation:
Stone does not clean (washed into the sea), but it all put in an appropriate container for cooking soups. Soup vegetables carrots, parsley, celery, one tomato, one small onion, a little salt. Is cooked until cooked vegetables. Stone after cooking out and returned to the sea, the soup is strained residue is discarded and vegetables returned to the soup.

The soup was delicious, although the name of the recipe is very funny ;)

What an interesting soup! stones are surely full of minerals. And very salty also.

The other day I saw in a store near home little plastic bags of little gray stones. I asked, what is this? the proprietor of the store told me that African women buy these stones to eat because full of minerals, specially pregnant women. So maybe stones, after that, are more than stones.

monotonic said:
Interesting. Do any of these things have a name, so I can looks them up to see if anyone sells them?
Sorry, I do not understand exactly what you're asking me, can you be more specific, my language is not English :-[

casper said:
monotonic said:
Interesting. Do any of these things have a name, so I can looks them up to see if anyone sells them?
Sorry, I do not understand exactly what you're asking me, can you be more specific, my language is not English :-[

I think monotonic is addressing loreta's post:

loreta said:
What an interesting soup! stones are surely full of minerals. And very salty also.

The other day I saw in a store near home little plastic bags of little gray stones. I asked, what is this? the proprietor of the store told me that African women buy these stones to eat because full of minerals, specially pregnant women. So maybe stones, after that, are more than stones.

and asking for the specific name of the stones (I guess kind of geological/geographical nomenclature).
I could be wrong though, so maybe it's best if monotonic explains exactly by himself.

Saša is right. I was vague because I thought someone would infer my meaning. I did not realize it would be confusing. My apologies.

casper said:
This is a very old recipe that was created primarily because of the very difficult living conditions of fishermen who before 50- 60 years, all the catch (fish) caught by were forced to sell in order to have money for other necessities of life.
For starters, we need a clean bay, fins, mask and snorkel, we can go in search with a rocky part of the coast of porous stone, no more than mediocre cabbage. Soup select the stone which has the highest population, in its cavities.

Stone Soup

Ingredients: 1 porous rock filled with mussels, with barnacles, snails, prawns, vegetable for soup, tomato, onion, salt

Preparation:
Stone does not clean (washed into the sea), but it all put in an appropriate container for cooking soups. Soup vegetables carrots, parsley, celery, one tomato, one small onion, a little salt. Is cooked until cooked vegetables. Stone after cooking out and returned to the sea, the soup is strained residue is discarded and vegetables returned to the soup.

The soup was delicious, although the name of the recipe is very funny ;)

thank you very much , I'll try it this weekend I 'll go out to dive

Back
Top Bottom