South African gov's obvious corruption

darksai

Jedi Master
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/hawks-bugged-wa-afrika-s-phone-1.1148653

after reading this, yet another rolling and connected instance of the blatant abuse of our 'elected leaders' i have to wonder how.. or rather why.. it is that our gov here in ZA appears to simply not care how exposed they are. our own mainstream media reports on it constantly, almost every day on 7pm news its either a) a new irregular tender process/scandal b) an old tender process/scandal being clearly played down by politicians or c) some official statement that is quite simply laughable under even basic scrutiny.

My main proposition for this is that the ANC's fall has been laid out for years, if not decades, and clearly greedopaths are 'lining their pockets', as they like to say, while they can, the idea being that in the end the visible politicians, or fame-seekers (usually the dumbest of the elite anyway) take the ultimate fall. this is what appears to be happening with the current malema vs zuma saga.

My question then is why is this political infighting being allowed to be so publicly visible by the unseen echelons of power in the country? Is it simply that the structures collapsing under the intense personal/factional greed? is this merely them unable to realize they're accelerating their demise, or are they trying pull a 'controlled burn' of the population of some sort.
the other question i would to ask is what level of threat does the rumours of genocide when mandela dies propose? it may be a genuine rumour, but that wont stop many of those who believe it anyway from acting on it. if even if it is orchestrated by tptb, they will undoubtedly pull the terrorist/cult/lone wolf pack cards.

Does it serve TPTB purpose to have it seen publically? I would think it would have to, or it would not be seen at all.

The rumor of race war after Mandela's time may be rumor, or it may be provocation. The threat of a full-on race war was the only reason there was a regime change anyway.

monksgirl said:
Does it serve TPTB purpose to have it seen publically? I would think it would have to, or it would not be seen at all.

the really high tptb might not care at all tho. kind of like giving the african pathocracy countries as sandboxes to run amok in to . it would serve their overall purposes just as well and keep the continents populous placated while benefiting enormously as they do.

Franco said:
Because South Africa is 90% black and will always vote for ANC.

not entirely true, if it were they wouldn't have to spend the millions they do on campaigning, as well as their overall support is clearly going down, albeit slowly. the masses generally show disdain by simply not voting, but those numbers are easily made up with dirty tricks, intimidation, etc. if they continue this way, eventually its gonna backfire hard. a dumbed down populous is easy trick, but also much harder negotiate with when they realize how bad they've been screwed over

darksai said:
monksgirl said:

the really high tptb might not care at all tho. kind of like giving the african pathocracy countries as sandboxes to run amok in to . it would serve their overall purposes just as well and keep the continents populous placated while benefiting enormously as they do.

Franco said:
Because South Africa is 90% black and will always vote for ANC.

not entirely true, if it were they wouldn't have to spend the millions they do on campaigning, as well as their overall support is clearly going down, albeit slowly. the masses generally show disdain by simply not voting, but those numbers are easily made up with dirty tricks, intimidation, etc. if they continue this way, eventually its gonna backfire hard. a dumbed down populous is easy trick, but also much harder negotiate with when they realize how bad they've been screwed over

It's pretty much true, ask any black here why they vote ANC when they really haven't improved lives of the poor, have a terrible track record with service delivery and high corruption levels.

I agree that black people here are starting to get more angry with the ANC, but the majority will never vote for DA because of what happened in the past with apartheid.

The main opposition party (Democratic Alliance) here has quite a lot of black supporters. The majority of the country is, however, uneducated, and vote for the ANC regardless of their circumstances which don't seem to have been improved by the ANC itself, purely because they live in poor communities which, due to the lack of good infrastructure, keeps them uneducated and sometimes uninformed about current happenings within politics.

We need to focus upon education of the masses first before we can hope to give the DA or any other party a chance at winning the elections. Even then we'll probably just be stuck with the lesser of the two evils.

PS: It's really good to see South African's online here, it helps to know I'm not alone. If there is an SA community who do The Work (so to speak), please let me know how I, if at a ll possible, I can get into contact with them :)

Knowledge Protects!

Back
Top Bottom