Stanley Deyo and the "silent invasion" of the Space Brothers (1978)

durabone

Jedi Council Member
REVIEW OF ....

“The Cosmic Conspiracy,” by Stan Deyo, edited by Stan Deyo and Louise Deyo

Copyright Stan Deyo, 1978

The copy I read was the Third Edition, Fourth Printing, 1983

I conduct here a VERY rudimentary inquiry into Stan Deyo’s work of 1978. Thus the focus is on the experience of “Conspiracy Theory,” and the seeming anachronism that finding such detailed development of back in 1978 represents. I admit that I start with the pre-disposition that much of what constitutes conspiracy theory today is in fact a manipulated blend of STS feeding and disinformation, so my attempt here is to put what I can of this bias aside, in the name of re-gaining some level of objectivity. But I doubt that I have been very successful. I don’t often have the time or inclination to write a 10-page book review, but I had a cancelation this past weekend, and once I realized the singular nature of this “period piece,” I decided it was worthy of a detailed examination. It was the thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8951.0 (Channel Watch & New Age COINTELPRO » Stan Deyo and SteveQuayle.com) which triggered me to move it to the top of my reading list, so thanks for a second key inspiration in one month of being a member of the forum! So please bear with me if some of what I am saying smacks too basic, or if it is just so much noise, as I am attempting to build my arguments out of a pre-2000, pre-SOTT, pre-911 mindset - come what may.

1978 was a time ruled by a number of popular myths, among them “The Late Great Planet Earth,” by Hal Lindsay, and the quiet simmerings of “The Philadelphia Experiment.” In late night conversations across the land there stewed a belief that if Einstein had not died when he did, that his “Unified Field Theory” would have been completed, and that the world would have been a better place, somehow.

In Deyo’s 1978 book, we find so many elements of the modern hypoxia of “conspiracy theory,” that those of us who have already lived to fight another day might be surprised at just how starkly things were addressed so many years ago.

UFO’s and the cover-up
Anti-Gravity and Free Energy discovered and covered-up
Jessup’s “murder” and the plundering of his office
Bruce L. Cathie’s “World Grid”
Einstein’s “almost, darn-it” completion of Unified Field Theory
Secret underground base(s) with super-computers & Hi-tech (In Pine Gap, Au)
Radiant Genius - Nikola Tesla and “his suppressed & hidden final works”
Weather modification and warfare
The evolution of the “Illuminati” cum Adam Weishaupt & Benjamin Franklin
The infiltration of the Kabbalistic tradition by the Hermetic
Adoption of the god Jah-Bu-On (Yaweh-Baal-Osiris) for all future freemasonry
Decoding the Great Seal “of Deception” on the back of the US one bill
The meaning of 666
Decoding the book of Revelation
America to be sacrificial goat in a global, pagan ceremony to cure the world
Babylonian/Club of Rome plans for world government
The idea of using UFOs to distract us from the construction of World Government
The Round Table of the Nine and “Sons of Darkness”
Council on Foreign Relations, The Bilderberg Group, The Tri-Lateral Commission
The importance of the Nephilim in the Bible
The Great White Brotherhood
“Water Vapor Canopy” over the Earth in former days of paradise and long life.
Genetic manipulation by the Elohim form Adam and Eve
Sunspot shifts, increases in earthquakes, planetary alignments.
Interpreting Revelation et Deyo’s “Survival Kit”

Any of this sound familiar? D’oh!! Begging your indulgence for the moment, please consider with me the possibility that these ideas grouped together form a mythology that constitutes a conspiracy pantheon. The trappings of certain elements and their emphases has changed over 30 years since this book was written, but nevertheless this mythology/pantheon remains largely intact today, with the generic name “conspiracy theory.” I choose the word ‘pantheon’ because this book and the laundry list of ideas above is an attempt to manipulate what Ted Bramley terms “End of the World Vision.” Far from Zoroaster, we have a modern encapsulation (designed and implanted by who exactly?) of the same. The demons of this religion are the Illuminati, the heroes are any who would recognize their snare, (ie. the authors of the exposes), and the gods are those budding inside of you the believer at this very moment.

What is particularly interesting about this book it the fact that effectively outlines much of modern conspiracy theory, but it was written long before the internet and the subsequent exposure of so many more people to these ideas. Yet many of us were swayed strongly back then with much the same flavor as now.

I have often heard of a mythical tale where scientists on one tropical isle showed monkeys how to wash their fruit in a stream, and monkeys on other isles instantly started doing the same with no visible means for the idea to have been relayed. (Please, I want an actual document supporting that legend!).

As a note from my history, if I started “washing my fruit” in 1978, the year that this book was published, then I was downright scrubbing it by 1980. More on that in a bit. I never saw this book until a month ago, and now the somber note resounds in my study that this pantheon has both informed and be-felled thousands of us for more than three decades. The ideas are all here in this book, in an arrangement that has frankly made me want to chunder. Not so much because I am disgusted (I am), but because I am reacting to the fact that this pantheon has been pounded so far down my and so many other throats in such a consistent form for such a long time.

So what can be achieved by a book review at this late date that is not simple regurgitation? I am not expert enough to speak to many of the topics here, (though you might have caught me doing it 10 years ago!) but I can do some simple observing.

So I start with a quote from Deyo from the last part of his preface on page 9:

[My comments look like this] All italics and bold are verbatim from the book.

“This book which you hold now is the first fruit of that incredible adventure [Inquiry into UFOs, suppressive organizations, etc]. Kabbalistic gematria and symbolism have been used [by Deyo] to veil certain messages from some while enlightening others. I am sure the reasons for this for this will become obvious as the world events of the next eighteen months unfold.”

What exactly would be hidden inside an expose on global conspiracy anyways? A hidden message that the whole thing is BS to delude the ‘vile masses’? Why would someone hiding secret messages in a text via gematria give it away?

OK, I wax. Leaving that behind, I will move on to the main review. The same ole, same ole, script.

Summary of “The Cosmic Conspiracy,” by Stan Deyo:

There are UFOs and technologies out there that are being suppressed.
There is a secret plan for world government perpetrated by “Babylonians” today.
End times are here, so you better get ye under the protection of Jesus.

As we know, this script or parts of it plays in “The Space Brothers,” “Hatonn,” “David Icke,” and a blithering blizzard of others. I had meant to go chapter by chapter phew, but instead I have opted to focus on Deyo’s development of points 1 & 2 above. If you want a faster read, skip the “UFOs & Relativity” and “End Times, etc.” sections, and jump straight to the “Cosmic Catchbasin” section.

UFOs & Relativity

First there is the many pages of material that he devotes to the UFO. The main springboard for Deyo’s themes about anti-gravity is the work of Thomas Townsend Brown. [Brown got patents relating to the technique of increasing electric field gradient in a capacitor to the point that the capacitor moves towards the anode, and then supposedly just keeps right on moving. Electrogravitics.] Deyo also discusses spinning matter as another way to “decrease the weight to mass ratio.”

He has an Appendix 5, “Einstein’s Relativity Error” wherein he states that the popular interpretation of the Michelson-Morley (MM) experiment was wrong, and that the beam-splitting experiment did not in fact provide proof that the ether was non-existent:

“Do not fall into the trap of assuming that this fluid space cannot have varying energy density. Perhaps the reader is this very moment saying, an incompressible fluid space does not allow concentrations of energy - but he is wrong - dead wrong!”

Deyo goes on to say that the reason the MM experiment failed to show an ether velocity is because the ether is rotating around the sun at exactly the speed as the Earth:

“The Earth is orbiting the Sun, and so is the ether; therefore no ether wind could be detected in the orbital vector immediately in the vicinity of the Earth.”

By direct extension then - my guess - the roughly 1000 mph speed of the MM detector due to the Earth’s rotation on its axis is also blind to the “ether wind” because in addition to the ether rotating around the sun, it also rotates around the Earth! Man, I hate it when that happens...

Tossing my cheesy hip shot aside, Deyo does declare that Sagnac did in fact confirm the existence of the ether for a rotational inertial frame with his rotational analog of the MM experiment. Reference: Pages 65-67 of “The Physical Foundations of General Relativity” by D.W. Sciama, Heinemann Educational Books Ltd. 48 Charles St., London W1X8AH. I checked out that reference, and it does mention the Sagnac Effect, (used in Ring Laser Gyros) but it does not mention the ‘ether’ in even the remotest way.

After this, we are treated to a string of equations, two threads to be precise, one is the standard train describing the MM experiment and the road to Lorentz invariant transforms, then we go on from there to the famous E=mC^2. But the very next set of statements leaves the math behind completely:

“This [the Ve, ether velocity, term in MM] means that Einstein used fluid space as a basis for Special Relativity. His failing was in declaring the velocity of light an observable limit to the velocity of any mass when it should only have been the limit to any observable electromagnetic wave velocity in the ether. The velocity of light is only a limit velocity in the fluid of space where it is being observed. If the energy-density of space is greater or less in another part of space, then the relativistic velocity of light will pass up and down through the reference light wave velocity limit - if such exists.”

Ooooo-K. If I read that right, (big IF), then Deyo is saying that a change in energy density changes the speed of light. But according to Einstein, an increase of energy/mass density curves space, so isn’t this precisely the general theory? And if we for the sake of discussion consider an increase in curvature analogous to an increase in index of refraction, ie. the speed of light slows in certain materials, and under conditions of gravity, notably like near a black hole, then I don’t see how Deyo’s statement portrays any failing on Einstein’s part at all. (But then, I am not even yet a tadpole when it comes to relativity.)

And as for Deyo’s declarations of Einstein’s use of “fluid space” being evidence that he naively based his theory on the existence of the ether, I’m going to venture out on a limb here, and say that any time we integrate flux over an area we are treating something as if it is a fluid. Einstein would be in good company here, starting way back with Faraday, Maxwell, et al.

What can be said for certain, is that Einstein’s Special Theory was followed by the General Theory in 1915, and that his first drafts of the Unified Field Theory appeared around 1950. To me, this all appears to me to be more the evolution of an idea than any “failing.”

Quoting Deyo again:

“EINSTEIN ADMITS ERROR ...

“In a biography written just before his death. Professor Einstein is quoted as admitting he had a fundamental error in Relativity. It was, he said, on which-when-corrected-will explain how light - an obvious wave form - can be propagated across an apparently non-inertial space. Einstein also stated that the discovery of the solution to this error would probably be the result of some serendipitous discovery in the sixties. However, before he died, Einstein did manage to correct his error. ...”

Aside from the obvious question of ‘which biography?’ I submit that they key to what is going on here with Deyo here is revealed in the myths at play in the 1970’s. In 1976, I was just finishing up in the Boy Scouts, and I definitely remember many nights awake on camping trips and at summer camp seeing who would be the king of the hill, by a process of selection involving who could speak the best about Einstein and his incomplete Unified Field Theory and the rest of this whole mess. I can just picture Deyo sitting at a campfire with us, spinning this yarn.

And reviewing now Deyo’s arguments, I see that his string of equations, given as if he wrote them himself, establish first his credibility to set forth his further non-mathematical claims which earn him indisputable right to be - king of the hill. (None of us boy scouts were qualified in any manner to speak on these topics - but it sure felt good.)

Makes me wonder what the girls were up to back then :). The other topic of conversation that we plied over and over, and perhaps even more, was ‘End Times’ and the book of Revelations. Perhaps it is no coincidence that this is the other major focus of Deyo’s book.

Before we go there however, I list some other of his iotas. In particular is a complete reprint of Gravity Rand’s paper, “The Gravitics Situation” 1956 as Appendix 3. That is an obscure, interesting, and perhaps cornerstone read, that can be found here:

_http://www.rexresearch.com/perl/perl.htm
_http://www.padrak.com/ine/TTB_EGP.html

The wikipedia de-re-un-non-wrap-up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_gravity_control_propulsion_initiative

(There a number of themes I have run across that speculate about UFO technology being transferred from government to private hands circa 1956. A famous, old quote: “Banking is too important to be trusted to the hands of a democracy. My guess: It was these same bankers who deemed UFO technology to be too important to be trusted in the hands of a democracy, ie. we useless-eater-buffoons.)

The final note of Deyo’s regarding suppressed science purports that Deser and Arnowitt devised a Ricci Tensor to express a connection between nuclear and gravitational fields. Deyos claims that later “linear variations have been developed - allowing major leaps in science and technology to develop,” and that when the secretly completed Unified Theory is, “finally released to the public, it will be recognized quite easily; for it will have explained why the proton is exactly 1836 times the gravitational mass of an electron,... whey there is no neutral mu-meson of mass 200,... why (h) [Planck’s Constant] is a constant... and why hc/e^2 is always equal to 137.”

I am not at all qualified to comment here, and so far, none of the references other text in the book shed light on where he got his collection of questions that a Unified Theory would solve. Anyone know anything about this? I extracted references that seemed curios here:

- “Electrogravitics Science of Daydream?” Product Engineering Vol. 28, No. 26, Page 12
- “Popular Science” October 1964, Pages 34-37 and 121-122, “Major de Seversky’s Ion-Propelled Aircraft.
Interavia Magazine, “Towards Flight Without Stress or Strain... or Weight” in Volume IX, No. 5, Page 373 and 374 by the American author, Intel, in Washington, D.C. - March 23, 1956
The Nation Review, May 17-23 issue of 1974, Article about “Pine Gap” (Deyo says that its anti-pode is centered in another strong myth in the 70’s - Bermuda Triangle)
“The Mendelov Conspiracy” by Martin Caidin, 1972 aka “Encounter Three”
Scientific American October 1974, Page 126-131 and March 1972, Page 57 info about “Dr. Jefimenko’s generator.”
“Conference on the Role of Gravitation in Physics,” WADC Technical Report 57-216 (March 1957) or ASTIA document No. AD118180.

Notably, there are also multiple references to Cathie and Velikovsky.

End Times, etc.

Now we finally move on to Deyo’s themes about “End Times.” Some curious things here:

1. The intriguing and detailed summary of Adam Weishaupt’s interaction with Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson is new to me, and I don’t know from where Deyo got it. He depicts Weishaupt as a teuton that subverted and infiltrated freemasonry with his “forces”, and pits him against “the Jews” as an accomplice in writing “The Protocols of Zion.”

2. Also we find that he notions that the Hermetic order crept into the ‘pure’ Mosaic order in a “slow -but deliberate- process”. Many other authors have written that this transformation occurred while the Levites were in captivity in Babylon, and that it was they who took the Hermetic traditions and diffused them back into Israel proper. Some have argued that the Mosaic Pentateuch (First five books of the Old Testament) was in fact written by Levites while they were in captivity, and that therefore they would never had an existence without the influence of the older, pagan religion of the Sumerians.

3. Deyo’s “numerological” decomposition of the year 1776 into 1110 and 666 is at first glance, interesting. He regroups the Roman numerals of the US inception date 1776, MDCCLXXVI into two groups, MCX (1110) and DCLXVI (666), and then goes on to state that:

“To convert from Babylonian to Aramaic [numbers] one must divide the Babylonian number by 100 and multiply the result by 60. Hence, ‘666’ Arabic Modern is equal to ‘1110!’

This may be incorrect. My belief is that to convert a Babylonian number to Aramaic we use the same math found in degrees-minutes-seconds, ie. 1110 = 0*60^0 + 1*60^1 + 1*60^2 + 1*60^3 = 219660. Again I am no expert, but I can recommend an excellent work on the subject:

“Lengths, Widths, Surfaces - Portrait of Old Babylonian Algebra and its Kin” by Jens Hoyrup, copyright 2002, Springer-Verlag

What is the significance of ( ( 1776 - 666 ) / 100 ) * 60 = 666 ??? I have no clue.

The Club of Rome, The Illuminati, The Bilderbergs - all of this being posited way back in 1978 is interesting to me. Here is one tidbit about the Club of Rome’s plans:

“Quoting William Irwin Thompson, ‘At the Edge of History,’ Australian Time, issues 21 Aug, 1972: ....Arnold Toynbee in his recent book, “Surviving the Future,” says that as far as he can see, we have a choice between a world federal state with an Alexander at the helm or nothing - annilhilation.
“I think that the intellectuals will be the first people to make accommodation with the new power structure. As long as they can still have their elitist sense as professors and computer scientists, they will be quite happy in an aristocratic pro-management system. They don’t stand to lose that much. Thus the ones who cry the loudest for freedom might not be all that much in favour of it.”

Another, discussing the document “Limits to Growth” allegedly by the Club of Rome:

“... a no growth world would have extreme difficulty providing either social justice or freedom. It is hard to see how growth could be halted or even substantially slowed without a world dictatorship.”

Of all the bits in Deyo’s book, I find Section 2, Chapter 4 “Model for ‘Peace’” the most interesting. Here we find him placing himself in the shoes of the Illuminati:

“Let us pretend that we were the Illuminati of the whole world in the early 1950’s.”

“THE PLAN FORMS

“Using our massive influence, we would have begun to suppress media coverage any other developments in the ‘new technology.’ [i.e., Anti-Gravity, UFO research, Free Energy, and Medical Cures] We would have simultaneously begun numerous secret research projects funded by our private, corporate funds as opposed to our puppet governments’ budgets. [Tho’ we are not opposed to using that money where we can too!] We would have realized - quite apart from its necessity to our plan that the new technology could have collapsed our economic structures - if it were not properly infused to the existing consumer/demand process. The near possibility of cheap and revolutionary products and processes would have immediately changed the masses’ consuming habits. We would have known that the masses [does he mean Albert Pike’s ‘vile masses’?] generally act as individuals without consideration for the well-being of the whole herd. [And the sublime rich and elite are innocent of such behavior?] Because of that they would have stopped consuming the same volumes of old technology in greedy anticipation of the new ..., thereby, collapsing those industries with huges stocks of [unsold] old technology. The masses would have killed themselves, their life style, and our plans by their collective act of anticipatory restraint.

“We would have suppressed public awareness of our plans and the new technology. Those ‘unenlightened’ inventors and researchers that did make the serendipitous discovery of our [“our” ?!?] new medicine, physics, chemistry, and philosophy would have been made to understand the importance of their future work and discoveries being kept secret for the ‘benefit of mankind’. Unhappily, if we could not have convinced them to join us, they would have had to be eliminated by death or discredit. We would have had to suppress the engines that ran on water, the natural cure for cancer and numerous other developments... all in the name of global survival. [survival for who exactly?]

He goes on to say that during the first fifteen years that UFOs should be made fearful. Then this fear would be moderated via films, books, and TV series, until:

“Finally, with our teams of highly-trained actors to back us in our bid for peace, love, and harmony through war, hate, hate, and deceit, we would have begun the greatest attempted deception of all history. We would have begun a peaceful invasion of Earth by humans posing as “elder brothers and sisters’ from space... supposedly from a superhuman culture which would have shown no signs of war, hate chaos, deceit, and all the negative parts of human endeavor.

“Our spacemen messiahs would have revealed themselves from amongst the people in their ‘light craft’. Demonstrations of the power that our fabricated heroes possessed would have been given in the most visible ways possible. Then, over all radios, televisions, and hosts of household electrical devices [and Channels?] would have come our message to the people of Earth in a multitude of languages, dialects, and sub-tongues:

“People of Earth,... we mean you no harm. We are your friends-your brothers from another star system which is far away. Your race is in danger of destroying itself in the very near future. it is your right to do so - if you so choose; however if you wish to accept our help,... super-technology,... and social order then we will help you to establish a ‘NEW WORLD ORDER’... or what you might call, ‘a NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM’... We have a corner on global disaster control. Give us your allegiance, your resourcefulness, and your planet,; and we will solve Earth for you. The choice is yours: Life our way, or .............death.”

“WE AWAIT YOUR ANSWER........”

Hmmm, where have I heard that one before? To see this spelled out starkly from a source in 1978 surprised me again. (Maybe real TV is too risky at this point, so we create Blossom Goodchilds to pave the way?) My question is: Did Deyo write this before Ashtar Command (et al.) first appeared?

There are a number of references given here that may reveal Deyo’s source for such a despicable scheme, which he then goes on to chisel culpability for squarely at the “Club of Rome.”

Gary Allen; “None Dare Call it Conspiracy” Concord Press 1971
Charles Birch, “Confronting the Future” Penguin Books, 1976
Willard Cantelon, “The Day the Dollar Dies,” Logos International
Willard Cantelon, “Money Masters of the World,” Logos International
Walton Hannah, “Darkness Visible,” Augustine Press, 1952
Ervin Laszlo, “Goals For Mankind” Hutchinson of London, 1977
Mihajlo Mesarovic & Eduard Pestel, “Mankind at the Turning Point” Hutchinson, 1974
John Robison; “Proofs of A Conspiracy” Western Islands, 1967 reprint of 1798?!?
Jan Tinbergen “RIO - Reshaping The International Order” Dutton, 1976
Nesta Webster, “World Revolution... The Plot Against Civilization” Britons, 1971

Deyo follows up with his vilification of the Rand Corporation after his section on the Club of Rome, where he offers many specific names, which can likewise be read from Smoot’s book which I listed in my books TBD on the Books section of the forum. He claims that there is a deliberate attempt to fracture us with our Left vs. Right two-party system, and he also declares the universal law of a free-will universe: “No conscious being may interfere with another being’s exercise of free will.”

The interpretation offered by Deyo regarding Lucifer, Adam and Eve, and mankind is one of the “Yaweh Elohim” engineering everything. But I don’t see obvious references that have led him to his version of things, but then I haven’t read the items in the above list, or those in the list below, his references for section three:

“Revelation Illustrated And Made Plain,” Dr. Tim Lahaye, Zondervan, 1973
“Armageddon, Oil, and the Middle East Crisis,” John F. Walvoord, Zondervan
“The Book of Revelation,” by Clarence Larkin
“The Spirit World,” by Clarence Larkin (Deyo: ‘Essential during the great tribulation’)
“Satan is Alive and Well on Planet Earth” by Hal Lindsay, Bantam/Zondervan 1974
“The Late Great Planet Earth” by Hal Lindsay, Zondervan 1974
“Seal of God”, by F.C. Payne, Finck, 1972

Deyo’s dissection of the book of Revelations reflects again IMHO a quest to be king-of-the-hill in Revelations mythology, and if understood in that light is at least thinkable. He would have taken the high ground at many a campfire I sat around when I was younger - just like his Unified Field talk.

Boils and sores, seas turned into blood, sun becomes abnormally hot, these are but a few of the delights in store for us:

“Following the intense heat, darkness will fall upon Earth as the Sun appears to go dark; this will likely occur as the Earth moves around to the opposite side of the Sun where the Sun’s surface of burning gases has been stretched very thin causing a few weeks of darkness on the Sun’s surface. Even though the Sun will be dark on that side, the ultra-short-wave radio emissions from the dark areas will cause all sorts of havoc to Earth’s radio communications. It may also cause blindness and skin cancer. People will “gnaw their tongues in pain” during the darkness... yet the unrepentant will not yield to the Lord God. They will stubbornly and needlessly endure the darkness as did Egypt during the Exodus (Rev. 16:10-11)”

But 1982 and 1988, his projected years of doom, have long since passed.

Cosmic Catchbasin

Does Deyo climb atop the two dung heaps of the “Incompleted Unified Field Theory” and “Revelations Unveiled” as vigorously as he does because this was a necessary legitimization in 1978 needed for the introduction of the other elements of the coming conspiracy pantheon? Perhaps. Was he just another person echoing disturbing elements that swirled about him at the time? Another possibility.

Deyo’s idea is that the technologies were suppressed and people discredited for reasons of simple expediency, protecting our ‘global survival’ and allowing the dark brotherhood the time and the space they need to finish their takeover. This has been a highly popular idea over the past 30 years and still is, today.

Maybe there’s more to it though, as many forum posts & SOTT podcasts have suggested. What if the bounds of understanding that are embraced by Newtonian, Relativistic, and Quantum physics are known throughout the Universe by 3D/4D/4D STS/STO etc. as being the standard limits of a world vision that keeps us planet-bound, or 3D, or easy to manipulate? Or what if the monkey-washing-fruit transference of knowledge is an unavoidable fact, and these conspiracy pantheons - or catchbasins - are then universally required to deal with the inevitable leakage that crops up? Note that this leakage could possibly occur when one portion of a world/people/culture/race secrets away into advanced technical/psychological/philosophical knowledge or global conquest, and/or when little grey men start flying in to the atmosphere to do the same. If one wanted to hold down a world which was ever-more bursting at the seams with creative spirit, care, and a common subconscious, then one would have to use a catchbasin to catch all of the leaks, and perhaps use advanced technology (such as the “3D STS Control Signal” or “Web Disinformation” to keep people aimed at the rut.

Is it a fact that secret explorations into higher technologies, etc. cannot be executed without these leaks occurring, and would it then follow that these leaks - whether conscious or physical - are therefore a reflection of the very topics being secretly explored, through the very subjects who are intended to be hoodwinked? Perhaps the widespread belief that the internet is a “revolutionary accident” which is unexpectedly upsetting the powers that be, is just a part of keeping the nature of the catchbasin as unstated, functioning, and alluring? Many who surf the waves believe that the internet has spun way out of control from what its makers at DARPA intended. But note that it was in fact the Department of Defense who invented it.

At the level of an NBC Producer threatened by the expansion of YouTube, then yes. Powers that be are upset. But at the level of the big picture, this catchbasin might be recognized as an absolutely mandatory device, needed to bind and keep all of the leaks (and freaks) into an inter-linked and easily inspect-able network of ideas. And since the catchbasin itself draws others seeking answers directly into it, then there would be little choice other than to “lace the punch” with a bundle of false honey pots to keep as many eyes as possible off of the real leakage. The centralized server and routing table architecture of the internet is ideal for this type of monitoring. And all this does cost ongoing money. Justifying a budget often requires a strong rational argument, and a generalized attack by STS on others is a pretty hard sell.

If true, then the pantheon itself, and my and others’ fall into it, were carefully designed. And if that is true, then we have been taken for a ride, and the worldview that I imbibed in the 1980’s was not made by me no matter how clever I felt putting the pieces together!!! So the fact that Deyo outlines this pantheon so well in 1978 leads me to ask, was Deyo simply swayed so many years ago, or was Deyo a device of dissemination of this pantheon of ideas?’ Of course this is hard to tell for sure, but we can see at least one easy clue.

It is fair to state that the major thrust and finale of the book - the concentration of most of Deyo’s emphasis and admonishment, concerns “end days” and the imminent unfolding of Revelations, and the dark scepter of judgment by God at the return of Jesus Christ. If the goal of Deyo’s book was truly to warn us as were others like “The Late Great Planet Earth,” by Hal Lindsay, et al., then one would expect a logical unfolding of ideas in a similar vein by Deyo, and not a bunch of loosely connected side topics. We might stretch it a bit to say that influences on Deyo by the Air Force Academy and other government technical and surveillance experiences had led him to encompass a broader scope of modern topics than would a Zondervan-sponsored Biblical Scholar such as Lindsay, but even then - there would still be a number of off-topic ideas in this book.

It might thus be germane to examine which of the themes connect to the apocalyptic speak that is the climax of Deyo’s book, and which don’t. So let us re-inspect my initial laundry list of the Deyos’ themes at the start of this review. I break them now into three groups: Those ideas that he directly connects to Armageddon/Revelation; Those ideas we ourselves could indirectly stretch to couple to Apocalyptic themes; and finally Those ideas that are not an easy fit with the End Times admonishments of the book.

1. Deyo himself couples these to Biblical End Times

The meaning of 666
Decoding the book of Revelation
Sunspot shifts, increases in earthquakes, planetary alignments.
Interpreting Revelation et Deyo’s “Survival Kit”

2. We could stretch and loosely couple these to Biblical End Times:

The evolution of the “Illuminati” cum Adam Weishaupt & Benjamin Franklin
The infiltration of the Kabbalistic tradition by the Hermetic
Adoption of the god Jah-Bu-On (Yaweh-Baal-Osiris) for all future freemasonry
Decoding the Great Seal “of Deception” on the back of the US one bill
“Water Vapor Canopy” over the Earth in former days of paradise and long life.
Genetic manipulation by the Elohim form Adam and Eve

3. These ideas are more difficult to couple to Biblical End Times:

UFO’s and the cover-up
Anti-Gravity and Free Energy discovered and covered-up
Jessup’s “murder” and the plundering of his office
Bruce L. Cathie’s “World Grid”
Einstein’s “almost, darn-it” completion of Unified Field Theory
Secret underground base(s) with super-computers & Hi-tech (In Pine Gap, Au)
Radiant Genius - Nikola Tesla and “his suppressed & hidden final works”
Weather modification and warfare
America to be sacrificial goat in a global, pagan ceremony to cure the world
Babylonian/Club-of-Rome plans for world government
The idea of using UFOs to distract us from the construction of World Government
The Round Table of the Nine and “Sons of Darkness”
Council on Foreign Relations, The Bilderberg Group, The Tri-Lateral Commission
The importance of the Nephilim in the Bible
The Great White Brotherhood

Given this breakdown, we can speculate that the ideas in the third set are not typically found in many of the other books of the day that were concerned with end times. A number of Deyo’s themes in fact negate the book’s main idea of Biblical End Times, such as UFOs and secret underground bases. As much as I tried, I could not connect Deyo’s prognostications of a coming New World Order courtesy of the Club of Rome, with his predictions about the horrors of Revelations, which he said would start with the standard clock of 40 years after the re-establishment of Israel in 1948.

Thus this book is an amalgam of themes. These themes are often not clearly linked in the book, if linked at all. Yet these themes all find themselves linked together today in our modern conspiracy pantheon. Further, to one postulating about the existence of a ‘catchbasin,’ this third list looks like it could contain a who’s who of leaks that need to be met with.

I also query about the intended audience of Deyo. If it is scientists and other non-Christians, then the closing force of his Revelations arguments would be a killer for book sales. If on the other hand the target audience is Christians of the West, the work possibly takes on the more ominous role of being a conspiracy field guide for those modern Christians that Jerry Falwell called the ‘silent majority.’

As to whether “Jews of the West” are also a target audience is harder to speculate about. We can note however, that his use of gematria, his use of Hebrew characters, his regard for the Elohim, and his idea of a pure “Mosaic Order” are themes that might indicate Judaic influence in Deyo’s life. But if that is true, then how do we explain his lengthy promulgations about the New Testament book ‘Revelations’ when he makes no mention of anyone becoming a ‘Jew for Jesus’? The answer may lie in having someone smart about Hebrew and gematria actually decode the secret messages in the book.

I cannot speak to what Stan Deyo cum Steve Quayle has become now, see this thread http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8951.0 for more on that. But I can say that by looking at both websites, _http://www.stevequayle.com and_http://www.standeyo.com that we are witness to more of same as in the 1978 book. Only now we have boasts of 90,000,000 hits per year to see his theory of giants, and a list of dead scientists.

Noam Chomsky speaks of “Manufactured Consent.” Perhaps we could speak of “Manufactured Narcissism,” and then the carefully controlled creation of food to quell the dire need that results. If modern conspiracy theory is in fact a form of CoIntelPro using 90% “true” dis-information to form a catchbasin, and if it is true that my tax and interest monies have bought and paid for it, then that settles it. Bankers are more evil than lawyers by a long shot, and we need a barrage of banker jokes!

How many bankers does it take to screw in a light bulb? 2001. One to do the transaction, and 2000 to keep the interest level high! Ar, ar, ar...

There have been a number of threads and podcasts here touching on the themes I have written here, so if this is simply so much more noise, I apologize. It certainly has helped me to write it all out, and it has also helped me to traverse three decades via Deyo’s dog-eared, beaten old book. Thanks.

db

[moderator - please disable active links to known disinformation sources]

durabone: I had a request to tone it down a bit. Probably an improvement.

moderator - please disable active links to known disinformation sources

THANK YOU. I searched the help guidelines trying to understand what's been happening and why.
Now I get it. Message received.

db

Back
Top Bottom