Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Windmill knight

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Oxajil said:
One from Amarillo, Texas, also 1 February 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncf8xVVWaIw

Someone writes:

AMARILLO, TEXAS -- Did you hear it? Many Panhandle residents are reporting that they heard a loud "bang" followed by a "roaring noise" last night around 10.

What may have sounded like something extremely strange was likely a meteor. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a meteor may have been seen throughout parts of Oklahoma and Texas. The FAA received several reports from people who said they saw the bright, streaking light

Which is taken from: _http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?id=714912#.TywSbl2uSSo

Interesting. The video seems staged to me and the sound is a lot like Kiev's, so my guess is it was hoaxed by the radio station 'dudes'. But they offered the link to the news report about the roaring meteorite to back their story, which seems legitimate and mentiones a bang and a light, both of which are absent from the video. My guess is this is an example of creating disinfo to obscure a fact; in this particular case because these 'dudes' wanted to have some fun or create publicity for their station.
 

Avala

Dagobah Resident
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

With so many new "strange sounds videos" in late days, I'm starting to believe that most of them (at least new ones) are fake.
 

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Windmill knight said:
Interesting. The video seems staged to me and the sound is a lot like Kiev's, so my guess is it was hoaxed by the radio station 'dudes'. But they offered the link to the news report about the roaring meteorite to back their story, which seems legitimate and mentiones a bang and a light, both of which are absent from the video. My guess is this is an example of creating disinfo to obscure a fact; in this particular case because these 'dudes' wanted to have some fun or create publicity for their station.

Yea, you're right, it does seem to be like that..
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Windmill knight said:
Oxajil said:
One from Amarillo, Texas, also 1 February 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncf8xVVWaIw

Someone writes:

AMARILLO, TEXAS -- Did you hear it? Many Panhandle residents are reporting that they heard a loud "bang" followed by a "roaring noise" last night around 10.

What may have sounded like something extremely strange was likely a meteor. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a meteor may have been seen throughout parts of Oklahoma and Texas. The FAA received several reports from people who said they saw the bright, streaking light

Which is taken from: _http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?id=714912#.TywSbl2uSSo

Interesting. The video seems staged to me and the sound is a lot like Kiev's, so my guess is it was hoaxed by the radio station 'dudes'. But they offered the link to the news report about the roaring meteorite to back their story, which seems legitimate and mentiones a bang and a light, both of which are absent from the video. My guess is this is an example of creating disinfo to obscure a fact; in this particular case because these 'dudes' wanted to have some fun or create publicity for their station.

Yep, it uses the Kiev track. You can hear the birds (notice the distinctive warble at 0:28 - same as 0:55 in the Kiev video).
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Shijing said:
AI, do you see anything further in terms of location yet? I did a short search on the planetary grid, and noticed that point 2 in the map below is close to Kiev:

As Laura mentioned earlier, it's hard to tell. It's mostly populated areas that have vids. But check out the link Ask_a_debtor posted for a map with a ton of the vids plotted.
 

shijing

The Living Force
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Approaching Infinity said:
As Laura mentioned earlier, it's hard to tell. It's mostly populated areas that have vids. But check out the link Ask_a_debtor posted for a map with a ton of the vids plotted.

I just took a look (and thanks for that, Ask_a_debtor, it's very helpful!), and it is unfortunately hard to tell. There are several hits, but also a lot of misses. Either Kiev is just a coincidence and there's no correlation, the fakes are making too much noise, or the phenomenon has too broad of a range to be able to pull out a useful signal at this point.
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Just some stats in this post. On the seektress site there are 143 videos, including 23 obvious fakes (17%). Considering I had 18% obvious fakes in my batch, that's pretty close. There are probably many more, but those are just the ones that definitely use the Kiev sounds.

Here's the breakdown per month:

Jan '12 - 69 videos (+22 fakes)
Dec '11 - 2 videos
Nov '11 - 3 videos
Oct '11 - 8 videos
Sept '11 - 11 videos (+1 fake)
Aug '11 - 18 videos

Note, my list has about 17 videos that aren't included in this person's list, including 7 from Jan, 2 from Sept, and 6 from August.
 

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Approaching Infinity said:
Just some stats in this post. On the seektress site there are 143 videos, including 23 obvious fakes (17%). Considering I had 18% obvious fakes in my batch, that's pretty close. There are probably many more, but those are just the ones that definitely use the Kiev sounds.

Here's the breakdown per month:

Jan '12 - 69 videos (+22 fakes)
Dec '11 - 2 videos
Nov '11 - 3 videos
Oct '11 - 8 videos
Sept '11 - 11 videos (+1 fake)
Aug '11 - 18 videos

Note, my list has about 17 videos that aren't included in this person's list, including 7 from Jan, 2 from Sept, and 6 from August.

Here is a website that has collected, and provides a map, and avalible You-Tubes, of the available data that has been collected concerning the sound anomalies, to add to your research. It also collects some data on fakes. The information on this subject goes as far back to 9/9/2008 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zZv_eMZfgaE )

World Wide Reports From YouTube-Initiated January 21, 2012
Of Mysterious, Unidentified Events
http://seektress.com/ssounds.htm

Mission Statment:

Reports of unidentified events presenting as loud, unusual sounds coming seemingly from the sky, or "everywhere", have been making their way into YouTube most frequently since the late Spring, early Summer of 2011. This map reports locations of the events, and links to the applicable YouTube report. Location is noted to the best of my ability with the information provided by the original poster of the report. When a specific date of the event is not included in the report, the date of the posting is used. If a video is removed from YouTube, or has been determined to be a hoax, it is removed from the map, and the list. If it is determined to be a fake, it will be duly noted, and removed from the map, but NOT the list. This is currently in process. This will be reflected in the tally numbers for the list in update reports.
This page is a work in progress and the MAP currently has 124 reports from September 9, 2008 to this update: January 31, 2012. A more detailed examination of the individual reports will be added to this page as information is catagorized and prepared for publication. Again, this page is a work in progress, and I have a life, patience, please. Updates will be made in as timely a manner as resources are available.


At this time I am unable to add written reports with no audio to back them up to the map, or the list. I am saving reports with no audio to back them up, but that's all I am able to do at this point. Another page for documentation of such reports may be down the line, but currently not possible to set up and maintain. Sorry. You send 'em, I'll save 'em, but that's it, for now.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Comment on my FB Wall:

Danue TripleThree commented on your link.
Danue wrote: "I just came back from Pine Lake, Alberta. I was about a week in when I heard those very sounds coming from what appeared to be - out of nowhere! It happened at about 4 am, and shook me right out of bed. 10 others reported it the following day on FB. I only wish I would of had my camera. It sounds much louder in reality. :/ Scared the living lights out of me. LOL Best to my knowledge, it only happened the one evening. The other relevant thing I could mention is that there were unusual lights (reddish hues) appearing in the sky for two nights prior to the occurrence. I was in the "boonies" at the time. Can't imagine how my experience - and others hearing it was a hoax. :) Hope we find out what it is soon!"
 

cubbex

The Living Force
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Laura said:
1984 said:
Keit said:
According to him, they were so loud, he thought that a skyscraper is falling, though he couldn't see the source. But after 5 minutes he got bored, closed the window and went to play video games.
Wow... :shock: Talk about mind control.

Thanks Keit, for translating.
So, I KNOW that people can interact with strange phenomena and if it is too scary or weird, just simply make the most inane explanation that makes them feel comfortable again, and carry on without missing a beat. Or, at most, missing only half a beat.

I know, this happened to me on some weird occasions, others and me tried to find normal explanations for them. For example, one of them from my father is that I was a little schizophrenic (and jesus I thought he was right). This happens when we don't find any explanation to it and lack of knowledge, but if we don't search for them we never find an answer. And the results of following an explanation based on our ignorance could be devastating.
 

Kaigen

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Laura said:
Comment on my FB Wall:

Danue TripleThree commented on your link.
Danue wrote: "I just came back from Pine Lake, Alberta. I was about a week in when I heard those very sounds coming from what appeared to be - out of nowhere! It happened at about 4 am, and shook me right out of bed. 10 others reported it the following day on FB. I only wish I would of had my camera. It sounds much louder in reality. :/ Scared the living lights out of me. LOL Best to my knowledge, it only happened the one evening. The other relevant thing I could mention is that there were unusual lights (reddish hues) appearing in the sky for two nights prior to the occurrence. I was in the "boonies" at the time. Can't imagine how my experience - and others hearing it was a hoax. :) Hope we find out what it is soon!"

I wonder here in Japan is nothing to hear.
 

thevenusian

Dagobah Resident
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

FWIW, J McCanney addressed the strange sound phenomenon in his most recent radio show (Feb 2). Another data point to add to the pile, seasoned with a dash of paranoia (for those not keeping track, JMcC leans a bit in that direction).

To summarize, he thinks there is a real phenomenon as well as numerous hoaxes among the material on the internet. He gave what he considers the 3 most likely possible causes of the legitimate events, all of which involve something discharging the capacitance properties of the Earth's ionosphere.

The first 2 are man-made and involve either HAARP or satellite laser pulsing. He wonders if the 'mil boys' are playing with their secret toys. He considers the satellite lasers more likely than HAARP as it is newer technology and more powerful. Either one would be like a match to a woodpile in that it is a small amount of energy, which, if focused in the right spot, can trigger a much larger release of energy.

The 3rd possibility is something natural, which he says would most likely be due to some large celestial object approaching or entering the solar system.

He said that these type of discharge events are very localized and would be concentrated in a certain locale when they happen, consistent with the localized reports of the sounds at any one time.

He does have enough data to know for certain, but his personal feeling right now is leaning toward man-made, because of the very low level of solar activity at this time.
 

Galaxia2002

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

I had heard this humm sound everynight since 1 month ago here in Caracas, my mother also. I noted it because I saw some youtube videos but in other way I couldn't. It is very similar to an highway sound but more high pitched. It starts about at 9:30 to 10:30 pm (little traffic on the highway) although it can change. Nobody seems to worry about because there are some building constructions near but they are not working at night (little detail) :shock:
 

Windmill knight

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Reported by Sott in Spanish:

https://es.sott.net/articles/show/11626-Extrano-sonido-surco-el-cielo-de-La-Paz-Mexico

La Paz is in NW Mexico. The sound was heard at night and then there was torrential rain in the morning. It was also heard as background during the rain, even louder than the previous night. The report says that according to meteorologists, the sound was caused within the clouds by the clash of a cold front in the atmosphere and a front of moisture, plus a thunderstorm. Oh well, I guess that explains it all. :rolleyes: However, fact is it was recognized as a real sound and was recorded by the weather station - and it is trumpet-like, as in the Kiev sound.
 

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Regarding that last one, funny how every expert has a different.."definitive" explanation for what the sounds are
 
Top Bottom