Strieber's "BREAKTHROUGH"

Has anyone read Whitley Strieber's 1995 book "Breakthrough?" I'm only on the 4th chapter & am appalled at Strieber's reaction to how his "Visitors" conduct themselves during their "work" - always at night, & always intruding in2 others' privacy in terrifying ways - & yet Strieber still searches for a way to niavely "understand" them? What's to undesrtand? "U will know them by their fruits." Yet he continues making excuses for them.

I haven't read it, but that sounds like classic Whitley (that's one of the reasons the only book I've ever read of his is Communion and that was a LONG time ago). He NEEDS desperately to believe in the 'space brothers are here to save us' and 'they are helping' and 'they are teaching' and other delusions, so he does mental and emotional gymnastics to keep his fantasy world intact. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Actually, Whitley has now come to realize that some of the visitors are well intentioned and many are decidedly not. Much as the C's have told us. They're quite a mixed bunch, like humans. Whitley believes he has interacted with both kinds.

Well, "Breakthrough" was published in 1995...must've been before Whitley came to that conclusion. In chapter 4 of the book, he describes tagging along w/ the Visitors on one of their midnight missions. He witnesses a little girl screeching in pain while having her spine zapped by a Visitor, as well as the girl's mother being restrained as she screamed her head off. Yet he says the entire incident had a feeling of "tremendous compassion & love."

Goes to show how much you can trust "feelings." Look up cognitive dissonance in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Streiber.

Ominous said:
He witnesses a little girl screeching in pain while having her spine zapped by a Visitor, as well as the girl's mother being restrained as she screamed her head off. Yet he says the entire incident had a feeling of "tremendous compassion & love."

Ominous said:
Well, "Breakthrough" was published in 1995...must've been before Whitley came to that conclusion.
Yep. I'm going by the various articles he's posted on his website in the last few years.

There's no doubt that he's been very confused and conflicted over the years about the nature of the "visitors". I'm not suggesting that he has an accurate picture of things even now. Just that he HAS come to question the nature and motivations of at least *some* of them....

QueenVee said:
Actually, Whitley has now come to realize that some of the visitors are well intentioned and many are decidedly not. Much as the C's have told us. They're quite a mixed bunch, like humans. Whitley believes he has interacted with both kinds.
The problem is, once you constate that there are "bad aliens" then you immediately have a problem with the "good" ones, since they could easily be the bad ones pretending to be good, since that is what bad guys the universe over love to do. That's why it is soooo much better just to believe they are all good (if you get probed, just insist that it's a free enema.)

Most stories of alien interactions make some reference to free will and that free will is of central importance or "universal law". If this is true, then bad aliens would probably try and circumvent this law in order to manipulate humans, while the good guys would avoid doing so (being good law-abiding citizens of the multi-verse!) and would just stay away from interacting with humans altogether.

Ergo: all aliens that interact with humans are the bad sort. And since I said "ergo", it must be true. :-)

Joe

I recently got hold of a copy on vhs of communion just to remind myself of the strange conclusion mr streiber came to.Smiling , not understanding , but believing his Anal probe and other nastiness was all for the cosmic good.He then went on in his writings to say it was to awaken us and god help those who didnt because the shock would be all to much for those who were not fortunate to be abducted in this manner.Thats how i remembered his writings going.

Well as has been mentioned crossing ones free will to do such things is a no no.

Even in the Hammer Horror movies the vampire dont get in unless you open the window for them.

Joe said:
The problem is, once you constate that there are "bad aliens" then you immediately have a problem with the "good" ones, since they could easily be the bad ones pretending to be good, since that is what bad guys the universe over love to do. That's why it is soooo much better just to believe they are all good....
So the answer is to adopt the opposite equally extreme (and easy) view -- to assume that they are all "bad"? If Laura had adopted that view, we would never have received the Cassiopaea material....

Joe said:
Most stories of alien interactions make some reference to free will and that free will is of central importance or "universal law". If this is true, then bad aliens would probably try and circumvent this law in order to manipulate humans, while the good guys would avoid doing so (being good law-abiding citizens of the multi-verse!)....
I think that's a pretty sensible yardstick....

Joe said:
...and would just stay away from interacting with humans altogether.... Ergo: all aliens that interact with humans are the bad sort....
Well, if we were to use THAT yardstick, the C's would automatically be of the "bad sort" for interacting with Laura....

It should be noted that many of Whitley Strieber's interactions with the "visitors" did NOT involve "greys", and also did NOT involved abduction or any other violation of free will, and. As the C's have pointed out, it is possible for an "untuned" individual to attract BOTH "positive" and "negative" alien entities. If I read their comments correctly, I think it is more a question of protecting oneself via KNOWLEDGE and discernment than adopting an "all aliens are bad" mentality. Unfortunately, has taken Strieber a rather long time to come to that realization....

QueenVee said:
Joe said:
...and would just stay away from interacting with humans altogether.... Ergo: all aliens that interact with humans are the bad sort....
Well, if we were to use THAT yardstick, the C's would automatically be of the "bad sort" for interacting with Laura....
I wouldn't throw the C's into the bag of "aliens". For all we know, they could simply be Laura's subconscious. Moreover, they have never appeared in any human form, have never invited Laura out on any expeditions, nor have they done anything to prove they exist. They don't appear in any kind of craft, no light shows, no sleep paralysis, nor any of the other manifestations associated with alien abductions or appearances in any form.

The point that Joe is making is important. Any direct interaction with aliens constitutes some sort of proof to the person who is involved. That interaction is therefore a sort of abridging of free will.

The point here is that we are being trained to use our discernment, to shift through the true and the false, to learn to do it ourselves. The C's, if they are in fact 6th density light beings, whatever the heck that is, communicate in a way that encourages discernment and critical thinking.

So I agree with Joe's statement about aliens interacting with humans.

You said: "to shift through the true and the false" but did you
mean: "to sift through the true and the false"? ;)

dant said:
You said: "to shift through the true and the false" but did you
mean: "to sift through the true and the false"? ;)
Most probably - have you never posted a typo, dant? ;)

However, concerning the thread topic, Henry and Joe both make quite salient points - either an entity respects Free Will or they don't, and if they don't, then that's quite an objective indication of said entity being a 'bad guy', as it were. As far as using the C's as evidence of this premise not being sound - it took years of Laura asking in many different ways to get any response whatsoever from what/who we now know as the C's - and even then, as Henry pointed out, they very well may be much more an example of superluminal self-communication, as 'they' themselves have indicated, than they are 'alien'. 'You in the future' seems to be quite different from Whitley's little friends - for all the reasons Henry stated and more.

QueenVee said:
Joe said:
The problem is, once you constate that there are "bad aliens" then you immediately have a problem with the "good" ones, since they could easily be the bad ones pretending to be good, since that is what bad guys the universe over love to do. That's why it is soooo much better just to believe they are all good....
So the answer is to adopt the opposite equally extreme (and easy) view -- to assume that they are all "bad"?
It is not an extreme view to conclude that all aliens that visit upon a human being unbidden are bad, mainly due to the concept of free will that I mentioned. It IS an extreme view however, given the data at hand, to suggest they are all good.

QueenVee said:
If Laura had adopted that view, we would never have received the Cassiopaea material....
Laura did adopt that view, and still holds it, and it did not prevent the Cass communication, in fact it probably enabled it.

QueenVee said:
Joe said:
No, since we were talking about interactions in the terms experienced by Whitley Streiber - i.e. physical and unsolicited.

QueenVee said:
It should be noted that many of Whitley Strieber's interactions with the "visitors" did NOT involve "greys", and also did NOT involved abduction or any other violation of free will, and.
Well I suppose there is more to it than just violation of free will, there is also the nature of the individual in question. Perhaps it was not necessary to violate Whitley's free will, perhaps he consciously desired "communion" with a "higher power", but was sadly unable to discern good from bad.

QueenVee said:
As the C's have pointed out, it is possible for an "untuned" individual to attract BOTH "positive" and "negative" alien entities. If I read their comments correctly, I think it is more a question of protecting oneself via KNOWLEDGE and discernment than adopting an "all aliens are bad" mentality.
What about an "all aliens are bad until they prove otherwise" attitude?

Joe

Joe said:
Perhaps it was not necessary to violate Whitley's free will, perhaps he consciously desired "communion" with a "higher power", but was sadly unable to discern good from bad.
Yes, and perhaps he DID encounter some "good" (or at the very least, "well intentioned") aliens as a result of that conscious desire, along with the "bad" that he did not have the ability to discern as such. I remain open to that possibility, based on the nature, quality, and "fruits" of SOME of his encounters. (Please note that "open to" does not denote a final judgement/conclusion; Strieber is involved in an ongoing process/journey, and the jury is still out.)

Joe said:
That sounds much more reasonable. It goes without saying that one should remain highly suspicious of ANY alien/transdimensional encounter/contact/communication until such time as its "fruits" can be carefully and objectively analyzed and evaluated. But it is equally important not to adopt a "black-and-white" attitude based on an inflexible "rule", and to remain open to the possibility that the encounter is potentially valuable. Else, Laura would have never brought us the C's, Rueckert/ElkinsMcCarty would never have exposed us to "Ra", and Jane Roberts would never have opened us to "Seth".

With the proper degree of knowledge, vigilance, and discernment (important proviso), it IS possible to both protect oneself from potential harm and at the same to remain open to the "unknown".

QueenVee said:
Joe said:
That sounds much more reasonable. It goes without saying that one should remain highly suspicious of ANY alien/transdimensional encounter/contact/communication until such time as its "fruits" can be carefully and objectively analyzed and evaluated. But it is equally important not to adopt a "black-and-white" attitude based on an inflexible "rule", and to remain open to the possibility that the encounter is potentially valuable. Else, Laura would have never brought us the C's, Rueckert/ElkinsMcCarty would never have exposed us to "Ra", and Jane Roberts would never have opened us to "Seth".
Of course, we can also go a long way to ensuring our free will remains inviolate by engaging in an experiment in the way that Laura did rather than subtly willing "aliens" into our lives and finding ourselves "enjoying" a ride in their spaceship. Sitting at your kitchen table fully awake with a cup of coffee in front of you is pretty safe. Sitting in a UFO having been whisked out of one's bed (or body) or meeting a strange craft on a lonely road at night is not so safe.

I think you are still missing the point here Queenvee. There is a big difference between channeling ala C's, Ra or Seth and the phenomena of aliens and UFOs. Neither the C's nor Ra nor Seth claimed to be "alien" in the terms that most people understand the classic grey aliens et al on spaceships to be. The C's don't have a UFO, neither did Ra or Seth. They don't do cattle or human mutes or have underground or underwater bases on the planet.

You appear to be insistent on the idea that we must allow for some of the classic aliens to potentially be "good guys" and your plausible argument is that we must always remain "open-minded". This sounds like the argument of someone who actually WANTS some kind of "encounter" for some personal and selfish reason (be it a desire to see the inside of a UFO or have spiritual teachings imparted so that you can "help" humanity).

If this is where you are coming from, then you should probably remember that you, like the rest of us, are STS, and therefore any "wanting" or "desire" on your part to have an "encounter" with aliens will most likely attract "aliens" of similar polarity to yourself... only infinitely more powerful and manipulative.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom