Strong female characters in movies

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I stumbled upon a good analysis of strong female characters in movies, and how recently feminism went totally overboard, making "strong females" not believable and utterly ridiculous. The analysis also points out key differences between strong female characters in the past, like Sarah Connor or Ellen Ripley, and what we have right now.

Jones

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Nice. The basic message that I get is that Sarah Conor and Ellyn Ripley needed to be strong because of circumstance, they didn't necessarily change their underlying femininity and they didn't need to insult, denigrate or belittle men in general to achieve or support that strength, even though their opponents might sometimes be men. Where as the strength portrayed by other some other female characters seems either unrealistic in it's application or pathological in it's attitude to men. That's a good message.

whitecoast

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thanks for the video keit. Jonathan Pageau produced a video along similar lines earlier on, talking about how traditional masculine roles are archetypally being increasingly replaced by women.

Border Dog

Padawan Learner
I sort these things as derived from cultural marxism (subversion)
They try to change cultural values to put others on the same place.

So, when people accept weird (maybe insane) things to be valued from the society,
they are corrupted enough to accept anything requested by the mainstream power.

There are people nowadays who think a computer can decide what is best to do.
(its unbelievale) lol

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Very interesting!

One of my favorite feminine character is Gloria, in the movie "Gloria" directed by her husband, Cassavetes. There you have a very feminine woman but oh my, how valiant, courageous and sometimes, when necessary, acting like a man in a very hard men's world. But she is before hand feminine, motherly, tender and also, and that's the beauty of it, masculine, hard and fatherly. She is in balance with her Ying and Yang. That's a good character for me, the best feminine character that I ever saw in cinéma. In this short clip you can see how beautiful she is and how... oh well, you will see.

susy7

Jedi
I stumbled upon a good analysis of strong female characters in movies, and how recently feminism went totally overboard, making "strong females" not believable and utterly ridiculous. The analysis also points out key differences between strong female characters in the past, like Sarah Connor or Ellen Ripley, and what we have right now.

Sad times but it is part of the end of civilization, women have lost what was more sacred. And I myself am very matriarchal. They took the characters and the weapons of the men and that does not suit them at all

Top Bottom