Sunspot Observatory closed due to security issue

Since the SSO is located in New Mexico I was compelled to recall the famous November 4, 1995 Session with the discussion of some underground bases there (Dulce was named) gradually shifting to 4D and merging with 4D STS bases, causing all sorts of bleed through phenomena in the general vicinity.

Maybe the emergency shut down of this SSO could be related to such a type of happening ? Hence the secrecy ?

Just thinking out loud. ;-)

Since the SSO is located in New Mexico I was compelled to recall the famous November 4, 1995 Session with the discussion of some underground bases there (Dulce was named) gradually shifting to 4D and merging with 4D STS bases, causing all sorts of bleed through phenomena in the general vicinity.

Maybe the emergency shut down of this SSO could be related to such a type of happening ? Hence the secrecy ?

Just thinking out loud. ;-)

Now that you brought it up, Palinurus - a bleed through could be a very strong possibility! Might be what was behind the sudden evacuation of the residences in the small town?

In reference to these two quotes:

"A spokesperson for the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) which manages the observatory said the evacuation was a precautionary measure due to a security issue. “It was our decision to evacuate the facility,”spokeswoman Shari Lifson added.:

And:

"The sheriff also claimed there was a Blackhawk helicopter at the site and work crews on towers and around antennas."

Next to the evacuations, the primary focus of the crew that was sent in - was on the towers and antennas? I wonder, if these idiots opened up a Portal of some kind? And the other Observatories - that were shut down and evacuated - had the same experimental hardware?

The "6 solar observatories" linked in the Zerohedge page are live weather webcams. Some of them are out of service (MaunaKea) and the last UH Hilo webcam image is from June 7th. They don't appear to be solar observatories though: List of solar telescopes - Wikipedia

It would be a supernatural feat to censor the Sun because any backyard telescope with the right filters can be used to observe our big ball of fire in the sky. If they wanted to fudge any unconvenient data, they could do it silently without all the FBI drama. OSIT

It's a rather strange event. As I understand it, the Moon had to make two turns around the Earth in just a few hours? That's kind of impossible, isn't it? But the articles also says that it's because the SDO changed its perspective... so maybe it's nothing and I'm totally confusing things from my lack of understanding of how these things work :rolleyes:

This video explains how the moon appears to go in one direction and then the other. Starting from 1:49 there's a graphic that makes it quite clear:

It would be a supernatural feat to censor the Sun because any backyard telescope with the right filters can be used to observe our big ball of fire in the sky. If they wanted to fudge any unconvenient data, they could do it silently without all the FBI drama. OSIT

Indeed! Not to mention the many other professional observatories around the country and the globe that have NOT been closed and all the satellites that monitor and look at the sun.

There is an approach one should take especially in cases like this that is called "Occam's razor" in science:

Occam's razor

Occam's razor [...] is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

So when presented with the close down of an observatory, and the alleged secrecy around it, there are many possible reasons for it, especially when one considers the fact that many more observatories have not been closed. A lot of possible solutions that don't include "a grant conspiracy" at all and far less assumptions. There are many possible solutions here. Some of which might be as mundane as something toxic leaking out there , or another security risk of one mundane kind or the other.

In regards to videos from "securemteam 10", there are good reasons to mistrust anything that comes out of this and similar channels, or at least be very critical about it from the get-go. See for example here and here.

In regards to securemteam 10, I've also looked deeper into that channel a while ago and the stuff they posts is usually a hoax (which they might produce themselves) and now and then mixed with legit things that get misinterpreted or put into a certain Alien or conspiracy frame there without sources and such.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is related to this event or not, but I thought I'd post it here because my dad mentioned today that there could be a relation with the events in Sunspots Observatory.

From Phys.org:

It's a rather strange event. As I understand it, the Moon had to make two turns around the Earth in just a few hours? That's kind of impossible, isn't it? But the articles also says that it's because the SDO changed its perspective... so maybe it's nothing and I'm totally confusing things from my lack of understanding of how these things work :rolleyes:
How could the SDO have changed its perspective if the recording of the sun appears continuous and uninterrupted with the sunspot and flare win the same place? I don't think it could have been the moon twice. Maybe the second crossing orb was a blocking mechanism on the SDO itself as it seems to make a 90 degree turn in it's presentation like it was directed to block a part of the view/recording.

Found this video and thought it may be something that they would want to cover up, IF true. It's a picture of one huge and many smaller objects on one side of the sun.

How could the SDO have changed its perspective if the recording of the sun appears continuous and uninterrupted with the sunspot and flare win the same place?
In the video posted by Windmill knight the moving line would be the position of the moon in the view while the view itself would be fixed directed towards the right / the sun. And the moving of the SDO on its own orbit probably would not translate much to a sun appearing to rotate because the sun is just too far away.

This video explains how the moon appears to go in one direction and then the other. Starting from 1:49 there's a graphic that makes it quite clear

Thank you! Me and my brother were trying to figure it out with our imagination and cups representing the Moon, the SDO and the Sun. This definitely makes it much clearer!

Now that you brought it up, Palinurus - a bleed through could be a very strong possibility! Might be what was behind the sudden evacuation of the residences in the small town?

In reference to these two quotes:

"A spokesperson for the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) which manages the observatory said the evacuation was a precautionary measure due to a security issue. “It was our decision to evacuate the facility,”spokeswoman Shari Lifson added.:

And:

"The sheriff also claimed there was a Blackhawk helicopter at the site and work crews on towers and around antennas."

Next to the evacuations, the primary focus of the crew that was sent in - was on the towers and antennas? I wonder, if these idiots opened up a Portal of some kind? And the other Observatories - that were shut down and evacuated - had the same experimental hardware?

Didn't the C's say something once about that part of the country going into 4th density? Was New Mexico specifically mentioned?

Too much attention being done here. A collusion event to mask the real event. Pretty simple, evacuate, add one black helicopter, leave it mysterious. To me that indicates a look over here type scenario, pretty bluntly. I would say that if anything, do not look at this facility or the sun, because what you are not supposed to be looking at could be just over your shoulder, not what they are pointing to. Haiku …

So the official statement reads:

AURA Statement about the Status of the Sunspot Solar Observatory at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico

September 16, 2018

Sunspot Solar Observatory is transitioning back to regular operations as of September 17th

On September 6th, the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) made the decision to temporarily vacate the Sunspot Solar Observatory at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico as a precautionary measure while addressing a security issue. The facility closed down in an orderly fashion and is now re-opening. The residents that vacated their homes will be returning to the site, and all employees will return to work this week.

AURA has been cooperating with an on-going law enforcement investigation of criminal activity that occurred at Sacramento Peak. During this time, we became concerned that a suspect in the investigation potentially posed a threat to the safety of local staff and residents. For this reason, AURA temporarily vacated the facility and ceased science activities at this location.

The decision to vacate was based on the logistical challenges associated with protecting personnel at such a remote location, and the need for expeditious response to the potential threat. AURA determined that moving the small number of on-site staff and residents off the mountain was the most prudent and effective action to ensure their safety.

In light of recent developments in the investigation, we have determined there is no risk to staff, and Sunspot Solar Observatory is transitioning back to regular operations as of September 17th. Given the significant amount of publicity the temporary closure has generated, and the consequent expectation of an unusual number of visitors to the site, we are temporarily engaging a security service while the facility returns to a normal working environment.

We recognize that the lack of communications while the facility was vacated was concerning and frustrating for some. However, our desire to provide additional information had to be balanced against the risk that, if spread at the time, the news would alert the suspect and impede the law enforcement investigation. That was a risk we could not take.

So apparently there was criminal activity going on from an unnamed suspect in the area and they shut down the observatory and evacuated the area because of it. "For the safety of the people there". Since they guy in the video in the linked article (and others who visited that place) said that pretty much everything is open there to walk into, the X-Files DVD could have been laid their intentionally into the bin by someone who wanted to stir up things. They say the secrecy was put into place to not disturb/alert the suspect.

Back
Top Bottom