Surrounded by Psycho's

N

noise

I have been having discussions with a person who often comes to my store about the psychology of Bush. This friend of mine claims that Bush isn't a psychopath, he's a sociopath. While I am not in total agreement as I think Bush actually is a psycho, we've come to an agreement.
Between the two of us, so that we can accept the conversation we've decided (from our mutual perspective) to say Bush is a Sociopath surrounded by Psychopaths. So the theory goes, Bush is a Socio, Cheney, Rummy and CondoLizard are Psycho's. I still lean toward bush being Psycho and I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt, I was just curious what others might offer as a perspective.
We both agree that BuSh lives in his own little world. He will bump against a wall infinitly if he believes it is not there. Reality seems to be something that is not external for the dic*-tater but manifests within himself so strongly he believes it to be the only reality there is, making him unable to recieve any real external ideas except from those he immediately trust (the trinity of psycho's). I like the hypothesis, the sociopath surrounded on all sides by psycho's who pretend he is great all the while, he does exactly their bidding and makes no real descisions on his own, but plays into their plans, unaware he is just a simple dupe (dope).
I'm not a psychologist, but I am curious for information as I don't exactly agree with this hypothetical assessment. I've argued a bit with this friend as I believe BuSh is 100% psycho and not a sociopath boarder lining psycho, but I could certainly be wrong. I know there are other similar topics about psychopathy and ponerology, I just don't think they were the basis for a conversation specifically about the current Administration here in America.

Any thoughts?

Hi Noise,

Robert D. Hare talks about the difference in terminology in his book:

http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN1572304510&id=c8hZ4dTrBc4C&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=sociopathy+psychopathy+inauthor:hare&sig=4hrNHnalYbOsP-Xijj9c5bFtzNU

Googling "sociopathy versus psychopathy" also gives some good articles on the subject.

maybe the distinction is in level of intelligence or awareness of the psychopath. The common or garden psychopath is limited in his intellectual abilities, cunningness, ability to plot and and scheme etc. and is limited in his "reach" in this way. There are perhaps other - souped-up psychopaths who have big brains, are able to calculate and plot and scheme on a grand scale. Bush may simply be an intellectually-challenged psychopath who was lucky enough to be born into the Bush clan and was slected to be the front man - the president. He was chosen as a pyshopath, yes, but also as a 'dumb' psychopath who could be more managed by the souped-up psychos around him and sacrificed, if needed, to ensure the future of the real psychopathic controllers.

Joe

Hi domivr, Joe,

I just wanted to say I like that statement "souped-up psychopaths." Thinking of Chakra's I was thinking, Cheney's cold heart was so dead they had to 'soup him up' with a fake one. He's a pretty articulate high performance souped-up psychopath. I feel your perspective cleared up for me what I was trying to defend in my perspective, not that my friend was on the attack, he just can't see George as being a 'garden variety-dumb psychopath.'

Thanks for your comments. I did read a bit of the link provided domivr, the book (without conscience) sounds like a good book that I will keep a look out for in the future.

George is probably a pinches tiranitos, or "little petty tyrant" ...standard issue, dumb as a post, easily controlled... He gets instructions from the 'voice in his head' (implant) which he thinks is god, and from the electronic voice in his ear from his advisors and handlers, this is how he is instructed, right down to his speaches and question time, bush almost never answers questions himself, thats why he stuffs up so much because he often doesnt know what hes talking about and he gets confused with what hes told to say in his ear... he often gets repremanded behind the sceens for speaking sometimes without audio prompting ...hes so arrogant and genuinely ignorant that he likely really thinks its god speaking to him when hes alone...

Back
Top Bottom