Telepathy

Buddy

The Living Force
I had read the latest posts in the thread about Ingo Swann's book "Penetration". I didn't have anything relevant to contribute, but I recalled back when I was researching Remote Viewing. I read about everything I could find from Ingo Swann's history up to Fred Gunn's now defunct website advocating a "paperless RV system". I even considered experimenting with bi-location, but I didn't have the 'feel' that the timing was right, so I never did.

At any rate, I then ran across related references to Gurdjieff's telepathic abilities and so just kept following the trail around to Rupert Sheldrake's work and the possible effects of infrasound on an individual.

I personally think exploring stuff like RV and telepathy as an independent subject would be a waste of time for me, at this point, except in terms of awareness of what people are up to on all societal levels. Having said that, though, I do believe that telepathy is not only possible, but WILL happen as a natural consequence of staying on course with our Work, and especially among those of us participating in this network, and will be based on some kind of convergence with objective reality.

Why do I think this? Because, it seems to me that there are too many impressions and information available in the environment that suggest this. And too many examples of "human jelled teams' whose synergistic output has been worth much more than the sum of its parts.

Once a team begins to jell, the probability of success goes up dramatically. The team can become almost unstoppable, a juggernaut for success. Managing these juggernaut teams is a real pleasure. You spend most of your time just getting obstacles out of their way, clearing the path so that bystanders don't get trampled underfoot. "Here they come, folks. Stand back and hold onto your hats." They don't need to be managed in the traditional sense, and they certainly don't need to be motivated.

DeMarco, Tom & Lister, Timothy
Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams
Dorset House
ISBN 0-932633-05-6

So I went back and revisited the Tree of Life chapter of The Wave to re-read the concept of how it might be possible for a group of 3D individuals to function as a single 4D STO being. Then I gathered info I had on Rupert Sheldrake's "morphogenetic field concept" and added a bit more research to it.

I actually think Sheldrake is on to the deep structure of reality all around us in the seemingly "empty space" we see through.

In fact, I feel like the increasing synchronicities going on as well as the increasing awareness of synchronicities is likely some evidence of psychic connections growing between us and our environment (maybe?). It's like when you bring the ends of two live wires within close proximity and experience the sparking, arcing, and crackling as electricity jumps the 'gap' between them, like the gap-jumping that occurs in the neuron synapses.

So, this is just what was on my mind the last day or two and I thought I'd post it here in case anyone was interested in this stuff. Then, just as I was ready to copy all the research into my notepad, I was devastated! It was gone! Arghhh.

The text file has sat on my task bar for 24 hours + and thru many accesses, and just when I needed it, I couldn't find it anywhere!!!!

I searched my computer for 30 minutes with no luck. :headbash:

So anyway, I retraced my steps through my browser history and recreated everything the best I could. The only thing I couldn't re-locate was a live demonstration of the 'staring experiment' that I wanted to share.

Not that this is any big deal - just an exercise in intentional suffering, I suppose, in order to get back on track with something I wanted to do.

I'm splitting stuff up to make it easier to read and/or reference later, in case that's useful.

Just as a place to start:

Racer_Unknown said:
As an aside, last night I was watching together with some folks that DVD lecture with Ingo Swann I mentioned in one of my earlier posts: "To PSI or not to PSI" (http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8559).

During the begining of his lecture, he states that the power structures who control the planet are at the forefront of keeping humans ignorant of their psi abilities. As if telepathy was the norm among humans, then, there could be no secrets... So Ingo is talking about a *conspiracy* against PSI phenomena being discovered by the "barbarians" (us).

Then, as you read in the article, Sheldrake is lecturing on "thought transference" (telepathy) - being possible by people looking into each other's eyes - and he gets STABBED...[David Edwards of Fresno, Calif., said Sheldrake had been talking about how thoughts can be transferred by staring into another's eyes. During the lecture in the main ballroom on La Fonda's second floor, an Asian man left the room and when he returned, he didn't take a seat but stood near the podium with his eyes closed like he was meditating, Edwards said.]

]
Rupert Sheldrake, a London-based biologist, biochemist, philosopher and author, who trained at Cambridge and Harvard, researches unexplained perceptiveness in animals, such as telepathy, sense of direction and premonition.

He repeatedly tested N'kisi, a captive African Grey parrot who seemed to respond telepathically to the thoughts and intentions of his owner, Aimee Morgana. He wanted to find out whether the bird would use words matching randomly chosen pictures Morgana was looking at in another room.

"These findings are consistent with the hypotheses that N'kisi was reacting telepathically to Aimee's mental activity," Sheldrake reports on his website (http://www.sheldrake.org).

"The fact that these experiments statistically prove that N'kisi's use of speech is not random also give evidence of his sentience and intentional use of language."

Toronto parrot owner Margaret Evered, formerly a behaviour biologist and now a computer consultant, doesn't need science to prove that she and her female African Grey parrot have a psychic bond.

Evered recounts how the bird, Plato, anticipated her return after a one-year absence — even though not even her parents, in whose care she'd left the bird, knew when she was returning.

"One day she wouldn't go to bed. She just kept standing at the door, waiting. I rolled in at 2 a.m.," Evered says.

[quote author=_http://www.dogsthatknow.com/]
Join Our Research Project

Does your dog seem to know when you’re coming home? Do other people in your house tell you they knew you were on the way home based on how your dog was acting? If so, your dog might be a good candidate for our experiment, and may earn a $1,000 prize offered to successfully participants.

The Dogs That Know Phenomena

We're looking for dogs and owners willing to participate in a research project looking at the special bond that we share with our animals.

You may be wondering if you've heard of this somewhere before. Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, a biologist, and former Fellow of Cambridge University investigated this phenomena in the mid-90s. He even wrote a book titled, Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home. While many dog owners, trainers and other experts have witnessed this behavior some scientists remain unconvinced. This research project aims to resolve this question. We invite you to help.[/quote]

Not related to the subject of telepathy, but still in the realm of being unconsciously influenced by 'exterior' stimuli, is the idea of infrasound. There are many references on the forum, but my point for mentioning it is that we can be influenced in many ways...even have fear induced in us, but it may not, necessarily, have anything to do with some kind of telepatic communication/attack, etc.

As Laura said in a recent post, the only real thing to fear is fear, itself. Learning is fun!

On a lighter note...something about infrasound and 'Bigfoot':

[quote author=_http://www.bigfootforums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t2515.html]
Gee4orce
I've heard people allude to strange phenomena that sometimes manifest when a Bigfoot is spotted, and yet I have no idea what they are talking about. I'm not talking about crackpots here either - but some of the most respected people in the field.

Other than the feeling of being watched, what other phenomena seem to occur when a Bigfoot is about ?

SgtFang
I've heard alot of people say the entire area will get completely quiet during a sighting. Do you mean things like that?
-Sarge

robo
...SgtFang is right that sudden silence in the forest is a commonly reported occurrence in BF sightings. As well, there have been ideas bounced around about infrasound (sound below humans' normal hearing range) produced by Sasquatches which can trigger strange responses in humans, including feelings of fear and panic, or even sudden sweating. That infrasound can produce reactions in some people is fairly well documented, AFAIK, though whether Sasquatches use it is unknown.

There has been some research the definately correleates infrasound to feelings of unease, and even outright fear. I certainly think it's a possibility that BF uses infrasound, but I'm not sure even a huge Bigfoot has got vocal tracts long enough to produce these sound waves - this is simple physics !

As for pheremones - I read just last week that research indicates that, even though humans lack the part of the brain that responds to pheremones in other animals, it seems that our normal olfactory brain area may actually 'understand' pheremones after all !
Gee4orce

About the feeling of being watched - there is an interesting looking book entirely about this in my local bookshop. I keep meaning to get a hold of it. Flicking though it in the shop, I learnt that the research showed that there is some evidence to back up the sensation of someone watching you. Experiments included having someone stare at someone else, even across a crowded room.

Here's something you can try yourself - when you pass a car in another lane, look across to the other driver. This is not a large movement, and when you are alongside you are out of their peripheral vision - I also have tinted windows in my car - so movement shouldn't be alerting them to you looking at them. However, it's suprising how frequently the other person will look back across to you. It's as if they are aware that you are looking at them....

Where exectly this leads I don't know. How you can explain it is also a mystery. It obviously has high value for prey species, and is probably an evolved response. But what the mechanic actually is is very puzzling. Maybe that other 90% of our brain does actually do something after all ?!
[/quote]

Some more stuff about Rupert Sheldrake's work that might be interesting. And a reference to pets:

[quote author=_http://www.sheldrake.org/B&R/audiostream/]
Rupert's Dialogues with Dr Andrew Weil
The Collection of Hollyhock Dialogues 2004-2009

The Nature of Life - a Scientific Debate
Rupert with Prof Lewis Wolpert

Broadcast Interview given by Rupert on his theory of Morphic Resonance.

Science, Consciousness and Spirit
Dialogue with Matthew Fox and Rupert Sheldrake

Talk: What Science Can't Explain

Rupert's Lecture at Goldsmiths College, University of London Jan 20 2009
Morphic Resonance, Collective Memory and the Habits of Nature

The Tyndale Lecture 2008
Rupert at Lambeth Palace Cosmic Evolution and Continual Creativity

Rupert's lecture: How Skeptics Work

Tucson, Arizona 'Towards a Science of Consciousness' Conference
The Evolution of Telepathy (MP3 file, playing time 1hr 8min)

Rupert and David Cayley - dialogue on Evolutionary Biology.

The Sheldrake - McKenna - Abraham Trialogues
A series of lively, far-reaching discussions between Rupert and his close friends Ralph Abraham and Terence McKenna, that took place between 1989 and 1998, in America and England.

Cells, Minds and Morphic Fields
Rupert Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton

Rupert's Lecture at Goldsmiths College, London, November 21st 2006
What if Telepathy Really Happens?

Rupert at the Perrott-Warrick Public Debate, Trinity College Cambridge, November 29th 2006
Does Telepathy Happen?

Rupert at the BA Festival of Science UEA Norwich Sept 5th 2006
Rupert's paper on Telepathy was the subject of intense controversy. For example, Prof Peter Atkins, a chemist at Oxford University, was quoted as saying, “There is absolutely no reason to suppose that telepathy is anything more than a charlatan’s fantasy.” On the same day, BBC Radio 5 broadcast a debate between the two.
The Telepathy controversy - Prof Peter Atkins and Dr Rupert Sheldrake.

The Extended Mind: Social Insects

A Glorious Accident: Rupert Sheldrake Interview

Presence of the Past
Were there any laws of the universe at the same time of the big bang?

The Universal Organism
The so-called "laws of nature" may actually be more like habits and instincts than immutable and inviolable principles. Rupert Sheldrake, biologist and author of the controversial A New Science of Life, suggests that from this perspective all of creation may be viewed as a living organism. This ancient concept challenges the notion of the universe as a mechanism with God as the great mechanic.

A Brief History of Rupert Sheldrake
From the video Seven Experiments That Could Change the World, this is a great introduction to the life and work of Dr. Sheldrake.

An Introduction to Rupert Sheldrake. This is a clip from the video with Terence McKenna and Ralph Abraham. Rupert explains how he first became interested in biology as a child and how this has been translated into a way of life for him.

The Extended Mind: Revolutionary Science That Could Change the World
This was the keynote address at the Psychology of Health, Immunity & Disease conference in Hilton Head, SC. December, 1997. If you are interested in the psychic pet and staring research, you'll really like this clip.

[My Note: I had a link to one of Sheldrake's "staring experiments", but can't find it now. Rupert explains that rather than being stuffed inside the head, a person's mind is an energy field, like the magnetic fields of a magnetic - extending out from his body. A person's vision/attention is said to be like reaching out to touch something with the mind. This makes sense to me and suggests that the reason some people may not be able to 'see', holistically, may be due to early aversion training that puts a person in a state of mind where it's not safe to allow their minds to touch everything in their environment].

How Can Animals Predict Earthquakes?

The Relationship Between Humans & Animals
We need contact with animals - beginning with the ancient shamans up until today with domesticated animals like dogs and cats. Rupert explores why it may be that we need this bond and how disastrous our present situation is - where cows and pig are herded and slaughtered by the masses for indulgent consumers on their lunch breaks to McDonald's. ...and more...
[/quote]

Edit: Added Later:

I forgot to add that any comments, feedback of any type is welcome.

Thank you for sharing this Buddy!!! This is fascinating. I read this quickly and I need to re-read it again to fully absorb it. I've mentioned telepathy in the 2D thread with regard to my own observations and experiences. This definitely sheds more light on the subject.

While reading the information you shared, two questions popped into my head. I'm not posing them to you, I'm just thinking outloud.

One thought was if all this information exists in space so to speak, I wondered if our dreams are a sort of convoluted interpretation or registering of the information floating around. Especially if our minds are more open during our dream state.

My second thought is one that haunts me ever since I read that psychopaths are (or seem to be) able to recognize each other. I've always wondered if they (psychopaths) are able to do this why can't we do the same? And if they can recognize one another HOW are they doing it? I asked this question early on in another thread, but the answers provided didn't really satisfy.

I did see some video presentations about dogs anticipation of their owners' return. I've long suspected that animals we humans take on as companions and are bonded with are capable of deciphering some basic emotions (depression, joy, fear, distress) and are able to relate to those emotions and respond to them.

Anyway, I found this information rather exciting. Thanks again.

This is kind of stupid, but the idea of all sorts of electromagnetic waves in the seemingly "empty" air reminded me of something that occurs occasionally.

Have you ever thought about an episode of a TV show, and then later that day you turn on the TV and the very same episode is on? This used to happen to me regarding "The Simpsons" on a fairly regular basis.

A relatively mundane sort of thing, I know, but it implies something much more interesting. :P

One thought was if all this information exists in space so to speak, I wondered if our dreams are a sort of convoluted interpretation or registering of the information floating around. Especially if our minds are more open during our dream state.

Dreams are symbolic significance if we took their literal interpretation, then I could be considered for collecting information that swarmed in the "space". But dreams normally have a hidden meaning behind the images we see in them a message that gives the subconscious about ourselves. At least I interpret my dreams in this way, and everything makes more sense if I take it literally. Dreams are a good tool to know ourselves. That is, except in rare cases, the dream comes from within. That is my point of view. I do not deny that sometimes the information from the outside also enter our dreams at some point, who knows, but I think if that happens very rarely is.

Horus_Risen said:
This is kind of stupid, but the idea of all sorts of electromagnetic waves in the seemingly "empty" air reminded me of something that occurs occasionally.

Have you ever thought about an episode of a TV show, and then later that day you turn on the TV and the very same episode is on? This used to happen to me regarding "The Simpsons" on a fairly regular basis.

A relatively mundane sort of thing, I know, but it implies something much more interesting. :P

Funny you should mention this! A couple of months ago, I was trying to explain a Simpons episode where Bart was in church and switched the organ music and lyrics from whatever the usual thing was to "In A Gadda Da Vida"/"In the Garden of Eden". The next day, the episode came on! This also happens with music and if I think of people. It's another good reason for me to not think about people I don't like!

Bud said:
[My Note: I had a link to one of Sheldrake's "staring experiments", but can't find it now. Rupert explains that rather than being stuffed inside the head, a person's mind is an energy field, like the magnetic fields of a magnetic - extending out from his body. A person's vision/attention is said to be like reaching out to touch something with the mind. This makes sense to me and suggests that the reason some people may not be able to 'see', holistically, may be due to early aversion training that puts a person in a state of mind where it's not safe to allow their minds to touch everything in their environment].

(blue emphasis mine)

This is very interesting Bud, May this state of mind be self preservation?
Self preservation focus the energy/atention to the inside while those who as you said see holistically may be focusing the energy/atention outside themselves.

Makes me remeber of this session:
941210 said:
Q: (T) You talk about both STO and STS. Yet you tell us that we need to learn to be STO. Why is there a difference between what we have to do and what you are doing?
A: STO is balance because you serve self through others.
Q: (T) You have said a couple of times that you are STS by being STO. Is this not true?
A: Yes. Already answered.
Q: (T) Kind of like: what goes around, comes around?
A: Yes.
Q: (T) Is STO a means to an end for STS?
A: No. STO is balance. STS is imbalance.
Q: (T) How can you be STS through STO if STS is imbalance?
A: STO flows outward and touches all including point of origin, STS flows inward and touches only origin point.

Horus_Risen said:
Have you ever thought about an episode of a TV show, and then later that day you turn on the TV and the very same episode is on?

Yep, plus, in the early 80's, 'boom boxes' were popular and we young 'uns often noticed that we could be thinking of a particular song and go turn on the radio, or change the station, and the song would be playing. This kind of thing, as well as the common experience of thinking about someone who then calls you on the phone, seems to happen a lot throughout life.

Depending on the exact situation and the person, I suppose this could be an example of telepathy, and there's also another possibility that may simply concern sensitivity to impressions related to repeating patterns of something that has been learned by the mind on a level when we weren't consciously aware of learning it. (music and tv broadcasts repeat their songs and episodes on a regular basis). If this is the case, then part of us might signal the conscious awareness that it was 'time' for something we enjoyed before, to be enjoyed again.

I recalled another experiment I lost track of, and it was called something like the 'supermarket experiment.' A supermarket had video cameras installed and everyone who walked into the store was videotaped. Out of all the people who entered the store, the experimenter recorded the number of instances where someone looked up at the camera. After awhile, no one thought the experiment was going anywhere, so the employee-monitors went to break, while the cameras continued rolling. After break, the video was reviewed and the experimenter was stunned to discover that, while the monitor-watchers were out of the room, the number of people looking up at the camera dropped in a statistically significant way. When surveillance resumed, the number of people glancing up at the camera increased as well.

The results of this experiment were compared with other experiments that involved people spontaneously looking around to discover someone staring at them (or not staring, but was otherwise occupied, and just happened to be 'caught' looking at them at the same time).

There does seem to be some kind of 'field' quality to this, like 'the medium is the message', as communication technology media theorist Marshall McLuhan conceptualized to explain how a communications technology, the medium or figure, necessarily operates through its context, or ground.

Terence Mckenna met with Rupert Sheldrake and in this introduction video, gives a brief synopsis of
Morphic Resonance:
"...the presence of the past actually impinges on processes in the present and in the future. In other words, our world is as it is because of how it once was. This is not a genetic theory, not a theory of natural selection, but a field theory which holds that actions and situations in the past are able, by the mere act of having happened, to shape future and present events."

Paraphrasing a statement by Sheldrake:
Memories can be 'not-materially' based. There is a collective memory upon which each species draws.
Memories are not only inherent in a species while it is alive; even after they're dead (or extinct) the world is still filled with memories, of instincts, behavior, form and experience; ('ghosts of extinct species'), that no longer exist.
Source: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vld-gzQVE0Y&feature=related

I occasionally wonder if Theosophy might be an apprehension, yet mis-understanding, of 'morphic resonance', but I don't know enough to say. Perhaps both are simply different ways of expressing something broader and more encompassing. There is one Theosophy writer that has something very interesting to say on telepathy:

In "Telepathy", Alice Bailey says:
True telepathic rapport is part of the Supreme Science of Contact and has peculiar and definite reference to humanity. Many different terms might be used in the effort to convey some understanding of this subtle, subjective mode of relationship, and I have used among others the following:
1. The Science of Contact
2. The Science of Impression
3. The Science of Invocation and Evocation
4. The Science of Relationship
5. The Science of Sensitivity
All these terms convey different aspects of the reaction of form or forms to contact, to impression, to impact, to environment, to the thought context of various minds, to ascending and descending energies, to the invocation of agents and the evocation of their response. The whole planetary system is in reality a vast interlocking, interdependent and inter-related complexity of vehicles communicating or responsive to communication.

Bailey, Alice A.
Telepathy
Lucis Publishing Co.
ISBN 0-85330-116-6

One reviewer had this to say: Telepathy And The Etheric Vehicle:
"An exhaustive view of telepathy through the study of the types of energy involved in such activity. As the reading progresses, one comes to realize that telepathic sensitivity is a normal unfoldement, which parallels spiritual development. Grow and know! Telepathy and the Etheric Vehicle is a great guide to understanding how people can interact with each other on a different level of consciousness. By the time you reach the end, it's like you've reached the beginning."
Source: _http://www.flipkart.com/telepathy-etheric-vehicle-bailey/8129201968-ru23fgkirf

"...a normal unfoldement which parallels spiritual development", "Grow and know!"...sounds like telepathy would be a natural part of this Work in terms of growing our "Knowledge and Being", hm? Which would return to what I mentioned earlier concerning the possibility that if telepathy exists, then as we continue Work, it will occur so naturally as to be considered a completely normal phenomenon barely worth mentioning!

I think Laura has already stated that "...the ability to dissociate/tune in to other levels of consciousness is evolutionarily stable in an environment where psychopaths do not exist."

Ana said:
This is very interesting Bud, May this state of mind be self preservation?
Self preservation focus the energy/atention to the inside while those who as you said see holistically may be focusing the energy/atention outside themselves.

That seems likely, especially in the sense that internal considering can become a habit if one has had to constantly think about one's own safety, and what I specifically had in mind, was making the link to this:

[quote author=http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14103.msg108201#msg108201]
Hmmm... makes me wonder about cartoons. Why can someone expand their imagination in a two dimensional world - a world that is clearly NOT real nor even purports to be - but cannot do the same in relation to the real world?

I suspect some insidious programming relating to the use of cartoons.[/quote]

...to which I thought that people (especially very young children), naturally "expand their imagination" into any areas that seem safe and, as yet ,untouched by aversion training.

Here's some possibly interesting stuff gathered during some research:

This is NOT Telepathy by conventional definition, but under the umbrella concept of Psi. Ingo Swann claims to have distinguished about 36 different types of Telepathy. In fact, being stuck with/in conventional nomenclature is said to be one of the reasons many of us do not realize our Psi potentials - we're stuck in limiting beliefs - highly structured, rigid information grids that do not contain enough meaningful information bits to activate all of our available senses and sensory systems (as just one of the problems).

[quote author=Swann]

With the invention of the electron microscope in the early 1930s, large amounts of data had accumulated by the 1950s which irrevocably substantiated that the human being possessed very many more senses than only the infamous physical five. As of the late 1950s, then, there was no longer any justifiable reason to continue teaching and emphasizing the five physical senses. And, as well, there was no longer any justifiable reason to continue the mainstream debunking of so-called psychic perceptions - because bio-mind receptors have been located and confirmed for a lot of them.

During the 1960s and 1970s, the scientific information pool of this kind of discovery had increased enormously - the sum of which brought a complete end to the concept of the five physical senses only.
A "complete end" at least in a scientific sense. But not in a cultural sense - because the meaning of these sensory discoveries is still being completely ignored in the cultural and ideological milieus, even though technical and popular books became available.

One of the problems, in the cultural sense is the nomenclature. For example, Swann states that he has identified about 36 types or forms of "Telepathy", yet how many people have just a single representative definition for the term? Once the concepts and nomenclature have become established, they also enter into our mental information processing grids -- and thereafter we think of the superpowers only within those terms. As a result, our sensory load inputs and subsequent thinking processes and their extent can become trapped within the limits of the concepts and nomenclature (and function as limiting thoughts and beliefs).

Since the conventional concepts of the basic five senses are usually focused only on the physical and tangible, they also tend to focus the intellect on the physical and tangible, and sometimes exclusively so.
In such a case, it might be concluded that the full extent and entirety of the human biomind perceptions regard only what is physical and tangible -- and which is the general case within the major Western philosophies of materialism and the physical sciences.

What we actually have are vast arrays of SENSORY RECEPTORS of all kinds quite busy receiving an even vaster array of information-signals. We also have vast arrays of EMITTERS, equally busy sending out all kinds of information-signals.

If we get beyond the simplistic use of the term "senses" and deeper into the anatomy and dynamics of the physical five, then we find that what we call a "physical sense" is actually made up of extraordinarily complex interactions among a vast number of sensory receptors.

Indeed, it is quite possible today to say that we do not have SENSES at all -- unless we utilize the term "sense" as "to make sense of something." What we actually have are vast arrays of SENSORY RECEPTORS of all kinds quite busy receiving an even vaster array of information-signals. We also have vast arrays of EMITTERS, equally busy sending out all kinds of information-signals.

Every specimen of our species is a walking, talking array of sensing systems -- and these are so wonderful and astonishing as to boggle even those who study them scientifically.

The most obvious and perhaps the only purpose and function of any or all of the sensory receptors is to deal with information -- to INFORM us of the various aspects of the physical and tangible. And INFORMATION is always invisible until it is transduced into some "hard" form such as words, codes, mathematics, voice, printed or computer formats, deduction, and, last of all, into intellect cognition.

Information theorists now hold that information is always available, and all the time available, whether human specimens perceive it or not.

In this context, I again refer you to the book I've already mentioned: DECIPHERING THE SENSES: THE EXPANDING WORLD OF HUMAN PERCEPTION (Robert Rivlin and Karen Gravelle, Simon & Schuster). In this book the arcane complexities of many scientific papers were clarified for the popular reader -- and who would be surprised to find SEVENTEEN senses cogently described in it.

RE:
I'll quote from the book's fly-leaf; "For centuries we have used an oversimplified and inaccurate model to explain the human senses. Even now, high school biology classes still teach the `five senses'. But recent scientific research has discovered that there are many more than five senses, and these discoveries have radically changed our understanding of what the senses are and how they work. Rivlan and Gravelle redefine for the general reader the spectrum of human perceptions from the normal to the newly discovered to the extra-sensory."

As chapter one indicates, the book discusses "The seventeen senses" additional to our usual five ones, and then goes on to place the newly-discovered senses in context with the usual five. The authors consume eight chapters to prepare the reader - before they reach chapter 9, entitled "Extra-sensory perception." Probably because of this chapter, the book was now well-received and is now out of print. But it's well worth tracking down a copy of it.

The Particular Situation that needs to be dealt with consists of three factors:

(1) science demanded that a bio-organic explanation for psi faculties be found before it could accept them as real;
(2) bio-organic explanations have been found for many kinds of psi faculties; and
(3) everyone seems to be ignoring both the facts and the implications of (2) as just stated.

As to more of what our additional senses are:

Did you know that the soles of your feet and the palms of your hands contain minute magnetic receptors and sensors that "recognize" minute and gross changes in local magnetism?

Here are the rudiments of dowsing, healing, and various rough forms of psychometry which means psyching-out what something is by merely holding it.

Alas, though. If you haven't built neural pathways linking these sensors to your cognitive faculties, you probably won't be able to sense what the receptors in the soles of your feet picking up.

Now, discovered bio-electromagnetic fields extending outside the scalp and outside of the skin clearly equate to the "auras" that many clairvoyants have specialized in "seeing."

As to what these seventeen new senses are. The seventeen new senses interact with each other to provide a rather extensive list, many of which have in the past been referred to as "psychic." Since we don't have time here to go through them, I've brought a few copies of that list to hand out, along with some copies of this lecture, and all of which you are free to duplicate.

But, for example, the bio-body is now known to have a functioning vomeronasal system containing receptors enabling, at the bio-subliminal level, the detection of minute amounts of chemical signals that tell us about anther's sexual receptivity, fear, anger, and other emotions - an aptitude more commonly referred to as "psychic vibe-sensing."

In another category, through the use of a newly invented device called the SQUID, scientists can and have measured and begun to classify the brain's electrical activity outside of the scalp - Which in turn has led to discoveries that bio-electric activity extends to some distance beyond the skin - Which in turn has led to the discovery of bio-electric sensors not only in the skin, but in the neuropeptide activity that transmits all kinds of subtle senses information through the immune system and into the brain - and back again into the body's extremities and all its internal organs, including into its surrounding bio-electromagnetic field.

More:

1. Receptors in the nose sensing systems that "smell" emotions, and that can identify motives, sexual receptivity, antagonism, benevolence, etc. (All these are formats of what are commonly referred to as psychic vibe-sensing.)

2. Receptors in the ear sensing systems that detect and identify differences in pressure and electromagnetic frequencies (formats of ESP.)

3. Skin receptors that detect balance and imbalance regarding what is external to the bio-body, even external at some astonishing distances (formats of remote-sensing, a mixed form of ESP and clairvoyance.)

4. Skin receptors that detect motion outside of the body, even when the body is asleep (a format of subliminal ESP.)

5. Directional finding and locating receptors in the endocrine and neuropeptide systems (formats of dowsing, intermixed with formats of cognitive ESP or intuition.)

6. Whole-body receptors, including hair, that identify fluidic motions of horizontal, vertical, diagonal, even if not visually perceived (as, for example, in the "psychic" portion of the martial art of Akhido.)

7. Skin receptors that "recognize" the temperament of other biological organisms (a format of psi "reading".)

8. Subliminal sensory systems which locate and identify pitch of sound, a sense of heat across great distances, a sense of frequencies and waves, either mechanical or energetic (all being formats of ESP and vibe-sensing, sometimes also referred to as "shaman perceiving.")

9. Receptors that identify positive and negative charged particles at the atomic level. (The term utilized for this in psychical research is "micro-psi" but which is rare. However, it has been convincingly demonstrated, especially in the case of C. W. Leadbeater who published Occult Chemistry (1908). Thirty years before the invention of the electron-microscope he correctly described sub-atomic particles, many undiscovered at the time, but discovered since. Micro-psi faculties are mentioned as one of the ancient Sidhis of ancient India (see, for example, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali).)

10. Microsystem transducing of various forms of mechanical, chemical, and electromagnetic energy into meaningful nerve impulses (all commonly thought of as FORMS OF ESP.)

11. Receptors that sense gravitational changes (a form of PSYCHIC DOWSING.)

12. Neurological senses for interpreting modulated electronic information by converting it into analog signals for mental storage, interpretation, and cognition (one of the bio-mind bases for TELEPATHY.)

13. Bio-electronic receptors for sensing radiation, including X-rays, cosmic rays, infrared radiation, and ultraviolet light, all of these receptors being found in the retina of the eye (part of the basis for various forms of CLAIRVOYANCE.)

14. Receptors that respond to exterior electrical fields and systems (producing forms of CLAIRVOYANCE and AURA "READING.")

Today, the following highly specialized sensing systems are referred to in the new sciences as HUMAN SEMAPHORE CAPACITIES.

15. Skin receptors for sensing perceptions of bonding or antagonism (thought of as forms of INTUITION.)

16. Senses for non-verbal "language" communicating (thought as a form of TELEPATHY or VIBE-SENSING.)

17. Combined sensing systems (neural networks) for making meaning out of at least 130 identified nonverbal physical gestures and twenty basic kinds of nonverbal messages (thought of as INTUITIONAL CHARACTER ASSESSMENT or a particular form of CLAIRVOYANCE.)

18. Receptors that trigger alarm and apprehension before their sources are directly perceived (a particularly valuable type of PSYCHIC FORESIGHT, FORESEEING, INTUITION.)

19. Sensing systems for registering and identifying nonverbal emotional waves (a form of INTUITION and/or TELEPATHY or CLAIRVOYANCE.)

The following are now known to be associated with the PINEAL GLAND if it is healthy and in good working order.

20. Senses and memory-stores cycles of light and darkness, anticipating them with accuracy as the daily motions of the sun and moon change (a kind of PSYCHIC FORECASTING or FUTURE SEEING.)

21. Senses and responds to solar and lunar rhythms, solar disruptions (flares, sunspots) and moon-caused tidal changes (water or geophysical ones), and can sense "coming" earthquakes and storms (a form of PREDICTIVE ESP especially noted in sailors, farmers, but also in cows, dogs, cats, and snakes.)

22. If the pineal gland is fully functional, it acts as a non-visual photo-receptor (the psychic equivalent being "X-RAY VISION.")

The following senses or sensing systems are similar to some already mentioned, but they appear to function upon a completely different basis and are additional those senses already mentioned.

It is now thought that this basis is almost certainly the WATER contained in the bio-body, in the physical components of the nerve systems, and the physical part of the brain.

It is not yet understood how WATER is used this way to create a fluidic but elaborate series of interconnected sensing systems.

One of the best guesses, yet to be established, is that the vibrations of the water molecules link together throughout the entire bio-body and form the equivalent of radar or sonar antennae.

These liquid antenna sensing systems appear to detect the following categories. Divided by categories, they can be thought of as individualized and highly refined sensing systems. All of these categories have been thought of as PSYCHIC, ESP, CLAIRVOYANT, or INTUITIVE - which is to say, been thought of as unexplainable and hence impossible. [my note: I wonder if this is related to Dr Emoto's work involving water?]

23. Sense of non-visual wave motions.

24. Sense of non-visual oscillating patterns.

25. Sense of magnetic fields.

26. Sense of infrared radiation.

27. Sense of electrical energy.

28. Sense receptors for local AND distant sources of heat. (This is an unnamed PSI faculty, but one familiar to Amerindians.)

29. Sense of geo-electromagnetic pulses, magnetic fields, especially biological ones (psychic equivalents unidentified and unnamed.)

30. Although the mechanisms are not at all understood, the liquidic sensing detectors apparently are somehow involved in the remote sensing of anything at a distance, however great. The results, of course, are remote viewing, remote hearing, remote tasting, and so forth.

Finally (although there is no "finally" here), we come to sensory systems' receptors spread throughout the entire bio-body, and which apparently feed information into the mind-body interface (if "interface" would be the correct concept.)

31. Whole-body receptors (millions of them) to detect pheromones, sexual receptivity, fear, love, admiration, danger, pain in others, intentions in others, etc., (all formerly thought of as inexplicable forms of ESP or so-called VIBE-SENSING and/or PSYCHIC `READING".)
[/quote]

Book reference:
_http://www.amazon.com/Deciphering-Senses-Expanding-World-Perception/dp/0671461249
A PRELIMINARY BIBLIOGRAPHY:
_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/Bibliography.html
Table of contents:
_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/1.html
Reference for this post:
_http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/Your17Senses.html

Edit: modified Dr. Emoto link to point to intended thread.

Very interesting information, thanks for posting. Like you said, this telepathy stuff is probably not worth pursuing, and it's probably phenomenon chasing. But if it becomes a reality it would certainly change a lot of things. I know I wouldn't mind not having to talk to communicate, and it would be cool if we could access the network without even turning on a computer.

The book "DECIPHERING THE SENSES: THE EXPANDING WORLD OF HUMAN PERCEPTION" isn't hard to find on amazon and is pretty inexpensive. I'm wondering if that or Ingo Swann's Penetration would be good to read.

3D Student said:
Very interesting information, thanks for posting. Like you said, this telepathy stuff is probably not worth pursuing, and it's probably phenomenon chasing. But if it becomes a reality it would certainly change a lot of things.

Maybe it's already becoming a reality in some ways due to increasing connections within and between people? :) In the post above, and the web page it comes from, Swann talks about the problems with nomenclature and how being stuck in the conventional view of something can limit one's potential.

The thing is, from a certain point of view, it looks to me like telepathic communication of sorts is already taking place. People just don't recognize it as such. Maybe first we could dump the conventional point of view and open up to more possible ways of looking at it: like maybe connecting with ourselves in the future, exchanging energy for information, interacting as a member of our own soul group or with the Universal Being... something like that.

Speaking of other points of view, I wanted to mention that I never cared much for Theosophy as a subject, or Madame Blavatsky as a representative, but from a non-orthodox point of view within theosophy, Alice Bailey has an outlook that may be interesting, if you can overlook some of the difficult passages and an occasionally annoying writing style.

Interestingly, she had a vision of a global "spirit of religion" different from traditional religious forms (PaleoChristianity?).

In "Telepathy and the Etheric Vehicle", Alice Bailey writes:
True telepathic rapport is part of the Supreme Science of Contact and has peculiar and definite reference to humanity. Many different terms might be used in the effort to convey some understanding of this subtle, subjective mode of relationship, and I have used among others the following:

The Science of Contact
The Science of Impression
The Science of Invocation and Evocation
The Science of Relationship
The Science of Sensitivity

All these terms convey different aspects of the reaction of form or forms to contact, to impression, to impact, to environment, to the thought context of various minds, to ascending and descending energies, to the invocation of agents and the evocation of their response. The whole planetary system is in reality a vast interlocking, interdependent and inter-related complexity of vehicles communicating or responsive to communication.

One point you all need to grasp is that the progressing disciple does not move into new fields or areas of awareness, like a steady marching forward from one plane to another (as the visual symbols of the theosophical literature would indicate). What must be grasped is that all that IS is ever present.

What we are concerned with is the constant awakening to that which eternally IS, and to what is ever present in the environment but of which the subject is unaware, owing to short-sightedness. The aim must be to overcome the undue concentration upon the foreground of daily life which characterizes most people, the intense preoccupation with the interior states or moods of the lower self which characterizes the spiritually minded people and the aspirants, and the imperviousness or lack of sensitivity which characterizes the mass of men.

The Kingdom of God is present on Earth today and forever has been, but only a few, relatively speaking, are aware of its signs and manifestations. The world of subtle phenomena (called formless, because unlike the physical phenomena with which we are so familiar) is ever with us and can be seen and contacted and proved as a field for experiment and experience and activity if the mechanism of perception is developed as it surely can be. The sounds and sights of the heavenly world (as the mystics call it) are as clearly perceived by [54] the higher initiate as are the sights and sounds of the physical plane as you contact it in your daily round of duties.

The world of energies, with its streams of directed force and its centers of concentrated light, is likewise present, and the eye of the see-er can see it, just as the eye of the mental clairvoyant can see the geometrical pattern which thoughts assume upon the mental plane, or as the lower psychic can contact the glamors, the illusions and delusions of the astral world. The subjective realm is vitally more real than is the objective, once it is entered and known. It is simply (how simple to some and how insuperably difficult to others, apparently!) a question of the acceptance, first of all, of its existence, the development of a mechanism of contact, the cultivation of the ability to use this mechanism at will, and then inspired interpretation.

It might be said that consciousness itself, which is the goal - on this planet - of all the evolutionary process, is simply the demonstrated result of the Science of Contact. It is likewise the goal in some form or other and at some stage or other of all planetary existences within the solar system itself. The unfoldment of this conscious response is, in reality, the growth of the sensitive awareness of the planetary Logos HIMSELF. The human mechanism and its ability to respond to its environment (as science well knows) has been developed in response to an inner urge, present in every human being and in all forms of life, and to the "pull" and magnetic effect of the surrounding environment.

Step by step, the forms of life upon the physical plane, down through the ages, have unfolded one sense after another; one form of sensitive response after another becomes possible as the mechanism is produced, until the human being can receive impressions from the physical plane and rightly interpret them; can respond to the emotional contacts of the astral plane and succumb to them or surmount them; and can become telepathic to the world of the mental plane, thus sharing - physically, emotionally and mentally - in the life and contacts of the three worlds which constitute his environment and in which he is submerged whilst in incarnation. What he gets out of this life of constant impression is largely dependent upon his power to invoke his environment and draw from it (in evocative response) what he needs in all the various departments of his being.

This, in its turn, forces him - whether he likes it or not - to produce an effect upon other people; this can be far more potent for good or evil, and from the telepathic angle, than he likes to think or can conceive. You see, therefore, how these sciences of Impression, of Invocation and Evocation, and of Telepathy are naturally concerned with what is inherent in man and in his relation to his environment and circumstances.

The germ or embryonic capacity for all types of planetary contact is inherent in every man and will not be frustrated in the long run. In this knowledge of goals already achieved in the three worlds lies the guarantee of achievement in the more subjective worlds which are present within the aspirant's surroundings but to which he remains as yet unawakened and unenlightened.
If you can grasp certain broad and relatively simple facts and recognize that you possess the key or the clue in your already developed capacities, then you will go forward with simplicity, making no undue intellectual difficulties when dealing with these more subtle phases of your ever-existent environment. It is, in the last analysis, just a question as to what "impresses" you at any given moment,and then in what manner it conditions you.
[...]
Revelation is a generic term covering all the responses to the activities of the eye of the mind, the eye of the soul, and the "insight" of the Universal Mind...

Sight is the greatest of all the developments in this world period in which the Logos is seeking to bring the subhuman kingdoms to the point where human vision is theirs, to bring humanity to the point where spiritual vision is developed and hierarchical insight is the normal quality of the initiate sight, and to bring the Members of the Hierarchy to the point where universal perception is Theirs.

Expanding Areas of Conscious Interaction

Let us, as we discuss these matters, avoid that much overworked word "vibration" and use instead the more simple and more easily understood word "impact". Response to impact is something we all register. Our five senses have opened to all people five great realms from which impact comes, and we are so familiar with them all that our response is now automatic and, though registered, is not consciously so, unless there is a planned reason and direction intended. We respond similarly and as automatically to emotional stimuli, and rapidly (very rapidly) the race is reaching out towards mental telepathy. Some few are beginning to work along the lines of spiritual telepathy. Few do more than register occasionally contacts emanating from a high source, and the result is usually also over-mixed with personality reactions.

p.28-31
_http://www.wingmakers.co.nz/Alice_A._Bailey_-_Telepathy_and_the_Etheric_Vehicle.pdf (100 pages of a 220 page book)

---------------------------------------
Who is Alice Bailey?
Alice Ann Bailey (June 16, 1880 – December 15, 1949), known as Alice A. Bailey or AAB, was an influential writer and teacher in the fields of spiritual, occult, esoteric healing, astrological, Christian and other religious themes.
Her works, written between 1919 and 1949, describe a wide-ranging system of esoteric thought covering such topics as how spirituality relates to the solar system, meditation, healing, spiritual psychology, the destiny of nations, and prescriptions for society in general. She described the majority of her work as having been telepathically dictated to her by a "Master of the Wisdom", initially referred to only as "the Tibetan", or by the initials "D.K.", later identified as "Djwhal Khul." Her followers refer to her writings as The Alice A. Bailey material, or sometimes, as the AAB material.

Her writings were influenced by the works of Madame Blavatsky. Though Bailey's writings differ from the orthodox Theosophy of Madame Blavatsky, they also have much in common with it. She wrote about religious themes, including Christianity, though her writings are fundamentally different from many aspects of Christianity and of other orthodox religions. Her vision of a unified society includes a global "spirit of religion" different from traditional religious forms and including the concept of the Age of Aquarius.
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Bailey

Telepathy and the Etheric Vehicle is part of a set of 24 books by Alice A. Bailey, written in cooperation with a Tibetan teacher between 1919-1949, and constitutes a continuation of the Ageless Wisdom--a body of esoteric teaching handed down from ancient times.

About the Author
*Alice A. Bailey, (1880-1949) From her conservative British background, Alice Bailey's life led her in many directions, but always in one direction--towards the time when through drastic personal experience of many kinds she had acquired a synthesis of outlook and understanding, and an absolute conviction that one divine life pervades and animates the one humanity; that the Plan for humanity requires the cooperation and service of trained and dedicated human beings intelligently informed about world affairs, in collaboration with those who form the spiritual Hierarchy, the inner government of the planet. Her life work became an integral part of this synthesis and this realization.
_http://www.amazon.com/Telepathy-Etheric-Vehicle-Alice-Bailey/dp/0853301166

Amazon Review:
By A Customer
This review is from: Telepathy and the Etheric Vehicle (Hardcover)
A great guide to understanding how people can interact with each other on a different level of consciousness. This book reads backwards though, and can be very confusing to read at first. But by the time you reach the end, it's like you've reached the begining. This book actually saved my sanity, by helping me to understand the changes I am going through, if you have similar troubles, read this book! If you buy this book expecting to learn telepathy, your in for a shock. This book doesn't tell the reader (directly) how to gain this new "insight", but rather, why it is. Basically if you don't already 'get it' you won't 'get it'. The "Science of Impression" marches on.

Alice Bailey was discussed in the thread New Age Timeline - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=137.0. An excerpt:

Alice Bailey commences in 1932, the World Goodwill
World Goodwill is an organization that claims to be preparing the way for a one-world religion and a one-world government. World Goodwill works closely with the United Nations. It maintains headquarters in the cities of New York, London and Geneva. The group publishes literature as well as conducts symposiums related to its goals, which are consistent with those of Lucis Trust. Much of its public literature shows no signs of its occultic background nature, making it the perfect vehicle for attracting into its New Age influence people who would reject overtly religious or occult philosophy
http://www.watchman.org/profile/bailypro.htm

manitoban said:
Alice Bailey was discussed in the thread New Age Timeline - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=137.0. An excerpt:

Alice Bailey commences in 1932, the World Goodwill
World Goodwill is an organization that claims to be preparing the way for a one-world religion and a one-world government. World Goodwill works closely with the United Nations. It maintains headquarters in the cities of New York, London and Geneva. The group publishes literature as well as conducts symposiums related to its goals, which are consistent with those of Lucis Trust. Much of its public literature shows no signs of its occultic background nature, making it the perfect vehicle for attracting into its New Age influence people who would reject overtly religious or occult philosophy
http://www.watchman.org/profile/bailypro.htm

Thanks for that, manitoban. That really matured my understanding of Bailey, et al, in the Theosophical/New Age movement.
:flowers:

Added Later:

And thanks to Johnno for doing that Timeline! :)

I had read through this thread the other day and thought of a book I read lots of years ago called "The Mutant Message" by Marlo Morgan:

"ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Marlo Morgan regards herself as an average American female. She was married, raised a family, divorced, and worked full time while earning her doctorate degrees. The most valuable education she has received did not come from the universities and clinics but instead took place during a four month walkabout barefoot in the blazing desert of Australia. Her teachers, one nomad tribe of Aborigines. In this novel she shares the experience of their healing, relationship to the environment, and a new perception of spirituality." (from the book)

As you can see, I dug out my copy of this book because other than really enjoying reading the short book, I had remembered the concepts regarding telepathy which were talked about in the chapter called "Cordless Phone." Marlo started realizing the extent to which these members of the tribe communicated telepathically (thereby having very long periods of silence during the trek).

I wanted to include a couple of paragraphs from the book that are pertinent, the first being the concept of how these people would feel were they to go into the city and watch the mode of communication in the civilized world:

"NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO A NATIVE THE FIRST TIME THEY GO INTO THE CITY AND SEE YOU PUT A COIN INTO THE PHONE, DIAL A NUMBER, AND START TALKING TO YOUR RELATIVE. THE NATIVE THINKS THAT IS INCREDIBLE."

Here is the explanation by Ooota, one of the "Real People," as to how they were able to communicate without speaking:

"The reason, according to Ooota, that Real People can use telepathy is because above all they never tell a lie, not a small fabrication, not a partial truth, now any gross unreal statement. No lies at all, so they have nothing to hide. They are a group of people who are not afraid to have their minds open to receive and are willing to give one another information."

This last paragraph is the one that I have thought about all these years because it's been very true for me in my personal life that the friends and family with whom I have strong telepathic ties (thinking about them and then they call, e.g.) are the ones with whom I feel I am the most honest.

Just a little of my viewpoint on this topic (and it took me a while to input this much because my desk definitely is not set up for it. By the way, the copy of the book I have was published in 1991.

Jazper

Back
Top Bottom