Televisions - A Major Health Hazard

I'd imagine most TV's would practically kill you if they fell on your head, you must have a tiny TV or a very hard head! Are you sure you're ok - no symptoms of concussion?

Hope you´re ok Brenda
go2 said:
Yea, TV is a real health hazard if you watch it, too! :D

Or as Groucho Marx said :"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book".
;D

Lol, there was a spin put on the official marketing quote for a new Bravia model not so long ago that "Contrast is so rich that the colours tend to fall on you". Well, that can happen if you try and hang the thing on the wall. Hopefully, that cheered you up. :D

-Sid

ozrich said:
Brenda86 said:
Because a few hours ago one fell and knocked me pretty darn good on the head. :cry:

Could there be some symbolism in it to ponder about ?

Well, considering all that's been going on lately... maybe my higher self thought I needed a good whop on the head. :/ lol.

SAO said:
I'd imagine most TV's would practically kill you if they fell on your head, you must have a tiny TV or a very hard head! Are you sure you're ok - no symptoms of concussion?

It was like a 20 inch tv... weighs a good bit, though. I had my boyfriend pick it up, and he said, "Well, I wouldn't want it to fall on my head." The tv actually separated partially on one side and a big piece broke off one of the plastic corners. I think what kept me from being hurt worse was it didn't fall very far.

I did get a pretty good bump on my head. And my neck was really sore. The way the tv fell on me caused my neck to tighten up a LOT. The night it happened my boyfriend was watching me like a hawk. He stayed up and woke me up after a few hours to make sure I was ok still. :)

What made me so mad was that no more than 30 seconds previous my mom had come in and said something to the effect of being careful cause the tv doesn't look like it's up there too good... When it fell, my first thought was... "This figures..."

What made me so mad was that no more than 30 seconds previous my mom had come in and said something to the effect of being careful cause the tv doesn't look like it's up there too good

Ha ha ha...makes you wonder if the Tv would've still fell on you if she hadn't said anything.

Your story reminds me of a buddy of mine I used to go to concerts with. Several times he's been headbanging (alongside myself of course) :headbanger:
and smacked his head into the stage or the guardrail or whatever, he's even had concussions. :headbash:
As far as I know he turned out okay. Actually, he is OK. I don't know if i'd worry about it too much. :)

abstract said:
What made me so mad was that no more than 30 seconds previous my mom had come in and said something to the effect of being careful cause the tv doesn't look like it's up there too good

Ha ha ha...makes you wonder if the Tv would've still fell on you if she hadn't said anything.

Your story reminds me of a buddy of mine I used to go to concerts with. Several times he's been headbanging (alongside myself of course) :headbanger:
and smacked his head into the stage or the guardrail or whatever, he's even had concussions. :headbash:
As far as I know he turned out okay. Actually, he is OK. I don't know if i'd worry about it too much. :)

It really does. I've been thinking about that since it happened. Mostly because it conveniently gave my mother the opportunity to play the mothering role. I mean... obviously she didn't make the TV fall. But yeah.

Brenda86 said:
It really does. I've been thinking about that since it happened. Mostly because it conveniently gave my mother the opportunity to play the mothering role. I mean... obviously she didn't make the TV fall. But yeah.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I'm not saying she pushed it off, but there can be some weird psychic energies that can do it. Especially if your mother is harbouring some resentment against you for standing up for yourself. I would very seriously consider the symbolic implications of the whole situation.

Blimey. Hope your ok now!

Galahad said:
Brenda86 said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I'm not saying she pushed it off, but there can be some weird psychic energies that can do it. Especially if your mother is harbouring some resentment against you for standing up for yourself. I would very seriously consider the symbolic implications of the whole situation.

I tend to agree with Galahad on this one.......fwiw it reminded me of what was posted by Laura in the 30 August C's session.
Given all you have been through Brenda (your near miss with death) I think this actually may be something you should read over and try to apply to your situation.....my apologies for bringing this subject up (I know what an impact it had), but the little alarm bell going off in my head sees too many similarities to let it pass.

Brenda86 said:
celtic said:
lately I have been having a lot of dreams involving my death or severe injury.

Death dreams could ultimately mean change, or it could mean you are
having a hard time handling death.
it could also mean you are having a
hard time with your marriage or relationship. This is like a lot of other
dreams dealing with emotion. Here is a article I found on the subject.

_http://www.dreamsleep.net/commondreams/meaning-of-death-dream.html

I don't talk about it a lot, but several times at different points in my life... even as a kid, I have had this nagging feeling that my life would be cut short somehow. Well, of course, I don't WANT it to be cut short. Maybe this is part of what's been nagging at me as well... especially since I really could have died from the abscess I had recently and that whole experience. And I've had some experiences where it's amazing how lucky I was that I didn't die or get severely injured. Maybe my mind is trying to deal with this now... especially since these dreams started after I began doing E-E. I don't know. It seems to me like there are often multiple layers of symbolism in many of the things that we experience.

Laura said:
On Saturday, the 22nd, first day of Ramadan, apparently, seven days after Victoria's death, only we don't yet know about it, I was preparing to make crepes. I have a little cast iron flat grill pan that we all like to use for making crepes and pancakes. I put it on the burner, turned the burner on low to heat the pan slowly while I finished stirring the batter. The batter was done quickly and I turned back to watch the pan for signs of getting warm. I even thought about putting it on the other burner that gets hot faster. Well, I had only looked at it for about a second when there was a loud cracking sound and it broke into two pieces right in front of my eyes. It wasn't even hot yet. The handle and a big chunk of the flat part of the pan just cracked loudly and fell off the burner.

I asked Ark to do I-Ching for me about the breaking of my pan and we got hexagram 2 with the first line changing.

"The Receptive: The receptive represents one who serves, one who takes second place, one who is yielding, devoted, moderate and correct." Etc.

I hope ya'll have access to I-Ching interpretation so you can read about hexagram 2, but here's the changing line bit:

"When hoarfrost is underfoot Solid ice is not far off. Be vigilant.

"Be warned. Do not minmise the beginnins of evil. Left to itself, evil grows as inevitably as ice follows the hoarfrost of autumn. So, take heed of the first signs of decay and check them in time."

Another version says: "Misfortune can be expected if one does not change his demeanor. Be wary of a vindictive attack; people with jobs should guard against gossip and slander, and students should guard against jealousy. During this time, however, a woman will be able to make her family prosperous."

And, of course, just two days later, we received the news about Victoria/Pepperfritz.

(L) OH! I wanted to ask about my iron pan! You think they'll come back? Hello? Are you there? Are you back? I have one last question! Come back! Are you there?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I want to ask a question about my iron pan that broke on Ramadan, the 22nd of August. What caused my iron pan to break?

A: You.

Q: (L) Why did I break my iron pan?

A: A message to self.

Q: (L) Well, I haven't been able to figure out what the message was.

A: What part broke?

Q: (Joe) The handle. Does that mean Florida is going to break off? (L) Oh, the handle?

A: "Get a handle on things!"

pan_tastic.jpg

Be vigilant Brenda.

*edit* added more from the C's session quote
*edit2* added brendas quote from dream thread

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I'm not saying she pushed it off, but there can be some weird psychic energies that can do it.

or it was a learning opportunity for your mum not to make dire predictions that can jinx you....having been jinxed by my mum lots of times( she was a master in thinking up worst case scenarios that then happened against all odds)

with my own kids I have trained myself not to do that...I try and be pro-active instead ,if I see a potential situation like for example a glass being put to close to the edge of the table instead of saying ''watch out that may fall'' I get up and move it myself
I feel that if I can see the outcome (spilled or broken glass in this example)
I have to take responsibility for putting that thought form into the world and act accordingly or the likelihood of it happening increases

also never underestimate the psychic abilities of mothers!!!!

Back
Top Bottom