The Area 51 Caller

Has anyone heard of this incident?

Youtube said:
In 1997 syndicated talk show host Art Bell received a frantic call from a man claiming to have worked in Area 51. The entire radio station was zapped off the air as soon as the caller began to reveal detailed plans concerning "aliens" the government, and the population.

(Btw, this call is used in Tool's laterlaus album, which is where I first heard it)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

Later, someone claiming to be the caller says he was acting and that getting cut off was just a coincidence:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuiuxty1qyU

Don't know what to make of this very weird story...

yep, i remember that for sure. i didn't hear the original in '97, but in '99 i was taking a road trip and heard a replay of the call at about 3 AM as i was driving through the middle of nowhere. it was creepy at the time! honestly, i wouldn't be too surprised if it was a set up, either by coast to coast themselves or by a very clever caller. the one hiccup is that art claims directly after the call his equipment was overloaded and shut down by some external source, after which they were off the air for about three minutes. during that off-air time, apparently art heard screams in the background on the phone and then a dead line.

here's a transcript i found online of the call - to the best of my recollection it sounds fairly accurate:

Hello Art? Art? Hi....I don't have a whole lot of time..um...I was a former employee of Area 51...I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago...and...and...

(starts to cry)

I've kinda been running across the country...um...um....man....I don't know where to start......they'll triangulate on this position really, really soon...

(starting to break up and get more frantic -- Art tells him to "Give us something quick!")

OK...um...um....What we're thinking of as Aliens ...they're EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL BEINGS...that an earlier precursor of the space program made contact with...uh...they are NOT what they claim to be...uh...they have infiltrated a lot of aspects of the military establishment particularily Area 51...uh...the disasters that are coming...the government knows about them....and there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now... Art... but they are not doing anything about it... They want the major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable....

(breaking up more, beginning to cry again)

I started getting....

*silence* -- show goes off the air at this point

"entertaining" huh? ;)

k, i also heard that on lateralus. i watched the video of the guy who claimed to be the caller saying he was just acting and let me tell you, the tone of voice is (according to my ears) a near perfect match to the voice of the disturbed caller. this does not in any way mean that area 51 isn't up to no good, but it also doesn't mean that we are all in danger at this very moment from aliens, even though there are plenty of things around that are dangerous. this needs more information and cross referencing done.

ya...i first heard this on the planetary duality album by the faceless...witch is twenty times better than any album of tool's haha...it made me super curious what he was talking about. and what he says goes along with the theme of the album about the conspiracy of different dimensions and higher beings wanting to control the human race. so the guy was talking about more than just aliens man. kinda cool topic to focus on though. We only know one truth, and thats love. Love and do good by you.

Hi The BeardedOne,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books by QFS. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. They should be consulted before posting questions on the forum.

Note that there are some "off limits" areas to the forum that are restricted to all but active forum participants, and we ask you to please keep the noise down. You will also not be able to edit or delete your posts until you reach a minimum of 50 posts. In that respect, it pays to use the "Preview" button prior to posting your message so that you can see how your post will look to others.

Finally, there is so much information on this forum that before beginning a new thread or asking a question on a subject, it is recommended to use either the quick search function at the top of the page or the more advanced search function on the menu function.

For members interested in delving deeper into the material, check our Comprehensive Guide for the Serious Reader.

Looking forward to your participation.

P.S.: Also, if you're not aware of it, the Signs of the Times news page is an excellent place to get your news. ;D

Area 51 - The Frantic Caller!! O.o!!

What do you think About This?? It´s Awesome!
An Area 51 Employe Taking About Aliens or EXTRADIMENSIONAL BEINGS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0HKxZj-i5A

very Interesing... :cool2: :) :huh:

A while back, I heard this on the show. Art replayed the incident and reinforced the events and his inability to understand what happened. He pretty much said it's up to the listeners to decide. It all was pretty convincing that something unexplainable happened. I couldn't tell if it was the truth or entertainment. It was entertaining to say the least.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Al Today said:
A while back, I heard this on the show. Art replayed the incident and reinforced the events and his inability to understand what happened. He pretty much said it's up to the listeners to decide. It all was pretty convincing that something unexplainable happened. I couldn't tell if it was the truth or entertainment. It was entertaining to say the least.

I remember awhile after the event, someone called in on open lines claiming to be the Area 51 caller and admitted that it was a hoax. Art replayed the clip and thought that it sounded like the same guy.

John! said:
Al Today said:

I remember awhile after the event, someone called in on open lines claiming to be the Area 51 caller and admitted that it was a hoax. Art replayed the clip and thought that it sounded like the same guy.

How do they explain that the transmission was lost halfway through the conversation?

Added: I just saw Kesdjan's post where he says that they claimed it was just a coincidence. Well, that smells very fishy to me. The caller sounded genuinely distressed on the phone, and the things he said, for all I know, are likely to be true. The second caller could have just been damage control. Voice manipulation doesn't seem like a far-fetched technology to me.

That's my hypothesis at the moment, but if someone can explain why the radio station was taken off the air other than being a coincidence, I'd be happy to revise my conclusions. :)

1+ for Windmill Knight

Shades of Orson Welles? (scaremongering for an audience?)
As for EM/transmission blackout, can this be proven or verified?

dant said:
1+ for Windmill Knight

Shades of Orson Welles? (scaremongering for an audience?)
As for EM/transmission blackout, can this be proven or verified?

Well, Art Bell said this is what happened, so if this was an 'Orson Welles', the radio station was complicit. It would seem a little strange that they would decide to come clean by having the guy declare it was a hoax, while not mentioning that the radio station was on it. And if people were not panicking on the streets, why bother to dispel the illusion? Gives the show publicity.

So I think it's kind of strange but not impossible, so I admit it's one possibility.

What bothers me is that the things that the caller revealed just happen to be quite accurate as far as the research can tell. That aliens are extra-dimensional, that they are not what they claim to be, that there are catastrophes coming and the government won't help the people, etc. Was it also a coincidence that they chose that particular scenario to scare people? Too many coincidences for my taste. ;)

It is possible. Truths could be given, only to
create a diversion or a distraction. The caller
sounded "frantically silenced", perhaps sending
a message to whistle-blowers, they could face
the same fate. A message to keep those who
know in line?

Maybe I am reading too much into John Keel's
book: "The Mothman Prophecies" :scared: :evil:

Just noticed that according to this video the caller's first phone-in in 1997 was on ... september 11th.!!

Peam said:

Just noticed that according to this video the caller's first phone-in in 1997 was on ... september 11th.!!

Yes, I noticed that too at the time and thought it adds a little extra to the mystique.

Back
Top Bottom