The Believing Brain and C's clues...

Then I see his blind belief twisting data. At the end, he mentions having experiences at a young age and how important it is to have a good psychological profile before delving into these things. I agree and this is key to the work. If your mind is lying to you, how can you objectively see the supernatural- if it is your own mind or someone else lying to you???

I think that this is an expression of the belief center having an effect on the thinking center, or thinking faculties.

if our thinking is set over our beliefs, then an analogy comes to my mind, where the emotions are a train and the thoughts that we have are the small people inside the train.

Thoughts are more dynamic and can form and conjecture all sorts of things , but what if the train, which represent the analogical emotions, is led into another direction?

as usual, my thoughts are in the how this happens, and how does our beliefs interact with other aspects of reality?

my thoughts are still in that there are many pieces to this phenomena, where the individual is a conglomeration of " bodies" and the outside the self, is a conglomeration of levels.
How does an individual connect with different aspects of the world?

It would be that at different levels this can take place from the different bodies with different aspects.

I had this thing while little, where i would look at the ground, and step on the lines of the pavement as I walked in a rhythm , and if I stepped off, i would feel off balance and with a need to continue the symphony of stepping an equal number of times over the lines of the pavement.
Some other times, i felt as bad luck coming from feelings of not being balanced.

This belief has many connotations that can be extrapolated, but for this point, I think that there is a narrowing of the possibilities, and self sabotage at some level, where the perception, which belongs to the configuration of the bodies in the individual, and the focus , which is set to satisfy a specific felling, or an emotional need, interact with the outside world .

Imagine that the outside world is a white beam of light and that we are some sort of prisms, but that depending on our inner composition as crystals, or configuration as in bodies, we only filter a color or two, or no light but something else. extending this analogy further it applies to everything in our environment.
Vibrations of light are the same for everyone , but we reflect something different after it comes in contact with us, the sun shines and rocks reflect a color , and wood another and a crystal another, due to its molecular composition.

what is the truth behind the matter, not that the light is dark for the rock and red for tomatoes, but that we are fed by the outside influences and reflect in accordance to our specific constitution.
So for a person that because of they way their personality is crystallized, has a form of investment of emotional energy on Christ fro example, although the person, through their thinking faculties can paint any number of characteristics to their faith, the emotional elements of faith still prevail over the construct, and this energy can connect with aspect of reality that reflect the principle of faith as a pure emotional state rather than the construct of Christ which is a composed symbolic figure.

More in line with the subject , I think that people say what they wanna say and sometimes, their intellectual learning does not transfer in a visceral, direct or complete manner to their systems of belief, for this guy to change and re-draw the whole framework, in which he judges every piece of information . his bias, a mayor fundamental change , literally in the structure of his mind , needs to happen, In the mean time he can make this same statement under different emotional states. The unity G. spoke about and the harmonious coordination between our thought emotions and actions.
We can't account that everything is necessarily useless in every case, I mean that not every brilliant scientist, or researcher is necessarily fully correct or incorrect in every way, but merely that they do not reflect the complete truth or transmit it correctly. There may be a bit or two that can be useful.
How he sustains this form of thinking, i would assume has a direct connection with the conditions of his life that serve as helpers to assist the already pr-established thinking patterns.
Other than that we know that the work, actually addresses these forms of blinds spots in perception that come from many forms of imbalances in all areas of the self. It help us touch upon these crystallized formations within our personality and our belief center so as to create a resolution for these imbalances and not live victims of them and what results from them.
Some thoughts

Thanks felipe for the ideas. It seems like there are a few things we need to stick to in order to take a true accounting of our beliefs and how they relate to reality. That's been one of my current practices, in order to face disappointment in the state of the world and the direction it's heading.

I saw a movie a few days ago about a woman who went through hallucinations and paranoia (Brain on Fire- about some MDMA receptor disorder due to inflammation - Gluten??)
It made me wonder about how to prevent or protect

When she started to see and hear things she wasn't really focusing on at first. She was numbing herself to it, despite her boss/co workers/boyfriend seeing that she was being odd. The most interesting was these bites she would see on her arm that was quickly dismissed by her friend/coworker who said no- there's no bites there while she was seeing it. It's odd to see and believe those dots when someone trustworthy says they aren't there. It was like something was overriding her common sense.

At first, I wondered- why didn't she go to the doctor at this stage? Same reason, like the bites situation- why beliefs override our critical thinking- they operate on the part of the brain that measures quickly what is real and what is not. Because her brain receptors were malfunctioning on a side of her brain, she was losing the ability to override that "feeling" of what is real.

What was interesting is that what she would say at times or do, or her seizures could have been easily interpreted as possession. I sometimes wonder if religion defined it that way in order to treat it. If one had a rare brain disorder or episodes of schizophrenia/psychosis, a "faith healing" would help more than some anti-psychotic via the placebo effect (a benefit of belief!).

It progressed deeper into paranoia of voices and ideas. Again, nothing was to be trusted besides those internal messages she saw/heard/felt. It didn't matter if there was feedback or not to her.

A bit ago I read the thread on dangers of mindfulness and there was a woman who broke down on a 3 day training session. She had past traumas that she was over that came back. The thread went into how doing mindfulness alone enforces the ego, but if focusing on the body sensations- it can bring proper focus.

So as useful beliefs can be, if they aren't grounded in reality and speculation- they just reinforce our internal "map" which could end up totally distorted and disconnected from reality. By that point, the feedback loop trained the brain to believe that map more than reality itself. Laura wrote about the juvenile dictionary as the brain map that judges things on a simplified belief system which explains why the world is getting more and more short sighted as education and child raising reinforces that loop.

Another interesting possibility about belief and 4d:
A friend told me about a show called "American Gods" based on a book by Gaiman. The show itself is so-so, not really my cup of tea.
But the premise is pretty interesting when we think about 4d STS and what could it really be:
The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them (a type of thoughtform). Immigrants to the United States brought with them spirits and gods. The power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs waned. New gods have arisen, reflecting the American obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among other things.
I think that this is another feedback loop and why STS needs us but we might have created them in a way by having beliefs not matching reality. Perhaps this is the "you create your reality" that Topper and the C's said only really apply on the group/archetype level?
STO is the flipside of a feedback loop, non-anticipation, could we say non-belief? In that case, we aren't serving self in a feedback loop, but serving reality!

Back
Top Bottom