The Book of Aquarius - Alchemy and The Philosophers' Stone

Hi all,

As we all know, trawling through the Internet sometimes brings up some strange fish and I think I've come upon one so strange that I really can't make head or tail of it and need some help! Basically it is an online book and it claims:

Alchemy and the Philosophers' Stone are real. This is not a joke or a scam. This book covers the full theory and practice of alchemy and how to make the Philosophers' Stone, capable of reversing the aging process and curing all disease to the effect that one could live forever. This is an ancient secret which has never before been publicly released. Please read the book before making any judgement on it; this world is not what it seems to be. The Book of Aquarius is free and public-domain (no copyright). You may copy and distribute the book in any way.

The URL is: _http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/. There is also a related forum at _http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/forum/

The book really does describe the whole process step by step and the complete kicker for me was where it describes the main 'ingredient' used for making 'the Stone'. I won't spoil the surprise by repeating it here. Go to _http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/read/14 to see for yourself :P My initial thought was to laugh and dismiss the whole book based on this but then it made a strange kind of sense.

There are also sections about secret societies, Fulcanelli (of course), densities and planes, UFOs etc. These discussions were a bit less dimwitted than I expected, which was a surprise and made gave me a pause.

Scam? Disinfo? Honest stupidity? Or is there a grain of truth in there somewhere?

I unfortunately don't have enough knowledge about Alchemy to pass any kind of judgment and I'm quite sure that this forum would probably be the best place on the interwebs to ask the following question: what do you think?

http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/read/14 said:
Firstly I must explain that the Stone could in theory be made from anything, since everything contains the life-energy to some degree, which is the active ingredient of the Stone. Urine contains this life-energy in high concentration, due to the fact that it has just come out of you, and you, as a living animal, are full of life-energy.

This doesn`t make sense at all. Life-energy in urine? I would have notice if my energy went down when I took a leak. And urine isn`t just one component its several.

Wikipedia said:
Urine is an aqueous solution of greater than 95% water, with the remaining constituents, in order of decreasing concentration urea 9.3 g/L, chloride 1.87 g/L, sodium 1.17 g/L, potassium 0.750 g/L, creatinine 0.670 g/L and other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds.

I think the author will have a good laugh thinking of all those crazy pseudo-alchemist trying to keep their urine free from the dust or water that is ruin their attempt to make it.

Cassiopedia.org said:
P.D. Ouspensky in his book 'A New Model The Universe' defined the Philosophers Stone of the alchemists as symbolizing hidden knowledge. Ouspensky states: "The idea of hidden knowledge and the possibility of finding it after a long and arduous search is the content of the legend of the Holy Grail. "The Holy Grail, or the cup from which Christ drank (or the platter from which Christ ate) at the Last Supper and in which Joseph of Arimathea collected Christ's blood, was according to a medieval legend brought to England. To those who saw it the Grail gave immortality and eternal youth. But it had to be guarded only by people perfectly pure in heart. If anyone approached it who was not pure enough, the Grail disappeared. On this followed the legend of the quest of the Holy Grail by chaste knights. Only the three knights of King Arthur succeeded in seeing the Grail. "Many tales and myths, those of the Golden Fleece, the Fire-Bird (of Russian folklore), Aladdin's lamp, and about secret riches and treasures guarded by dragons and other monsters serve to express the relation of man to hidden knowledge. "The "philosophers stone" of the alchemists also symbolized hidden knowledge." [end quote]

Alchemical literature hints at the philosopher stone being a mysterious ultimate accomplishment of the alchemical artist.

We believe that there is an overall parallel between the terms of alchemy and those of other traditions but exactly how these relate cannot be explained by a simple table of correspondences.

The philosopher stone is linked to greatly enhanced lifespan and to transforming lead into gold. To take a wild guess, we could speculate that the lifespan is not so much linked to prolonging physical life than to building a higher bodies that may operate independently of the physical vehicle and incarnate as may be appropriate. The lead to gold transformation may relate to transforming lower emotions into higher ones, activating or contacting the higher emotional center. These explanations are in themselves not complete, since there are reports of actual transmutation of physical matter also. The choice of the word stone in itself may refer to crystallization of a permanent self, but also maybe to the mythical Merkaba mother stone or other prehistoric 'meta-physical' use of stones.

We do not know the full scope of the meaning of this term.

Arne said:
I think the author will have a good laugh thinking of all those crazy pseudo-alchemist trying to keep their urine free from the dust or water that is ruin their attempt to make it.

At the risk of sounding flippant, I had a good laugh imagining what would have happened if all this were true and Dennis Hopper had practiced Alchemy before he died, what kind of 'Stone' he would have produced? Also, I don't think I will ever see the words 'Order of the Golden Dawn' again without giggling :)

Seriously though, I still feel unsatisfied by completely dismissing the whole thing and I'm not sure why. I understand what you mean... of course we don't faint every time we take a leak (chi is always replenished) but my thoughts keep going back to how shamans and magicians who use nail, hair or skin clippings of people to work their magic and that maybe their work would have been hundreds of times easier or more effective if they had a fresh steaming pot of that person's urine (sorry about the image :-) rather than just microscopic scraps. It makes a weird kind of sense that fresh urine would 'carry' more of the immediate essence of a human being than a few dried scraps of skin and as we all know, the amount of urine a human being produces in one go can be considerable.

For me the jury is still out (probably for a leak) :lol:

Edit: grammar

Giray Khan the Brave said:
My initial thought was to laugh and dismiss the whole book based on this but then it made a strange kind of sense.

As is often the case, you should have stuck with your initial thought.

I think I found one of the reasons this has been bugging me:

In 'The Zelator' (David Ovason and Mark Edsel) there is a medieval image of a man and a woman squeezing from a piece of cloth what looks like water or dew into a rectangular container. This mysterious dew (which is best collected at dawn) was called 'nostoc' and seemed to be a kind of metaphor for the life force, or chi. We on this forum know better than anyone else that these esoteric medieval images hide truths within distractions and metaphors.

What if the cloth in this image is a metaphor for the human kidney and what if nostoc, the mysterious dew containing the life-force which can only be collected at dawn, is actually urine? I seem to remember that Mark Edsel's interpretation of this image suggested that there was a hidden but quite strong symbolism of male and female sexual organs connected with the whole idea of 'nostoc'.

In 'The Zelator' (David Ovason and Mark Edsel) there is a medieval image of a man and a woman squeezing from a piece of cloth what looks like water or dew into a rectangular container. This mysterious dew (which is best collected at dawn) was called 'nostoc' and seemed to be a kind of metaphor for the life force, or chi. We on this forum know better than anyone else that these esoteric medieval images hide truths within distractions and metaphors.

The point is that it IS a metaphor.

g said:
What if the cloth in this image is a metaphor for the human kidney and what if nostoc, the mysterious dew containing the life-force which can only be collected at dawn, is actually urine? I seem to remember that Mark Edsel's interpretation of this image suggested that there was a hidden but quite strong symbolism of male and female sexual organs connected with the whole idea of 'nostoc'.

You are missing the entire point of what Alchemy is. Alchemy is an internal process of fusing an internal and immortal I - of creating gold from the lead of mechanical human existence. As long as you are eternally distracted by form, you will always be blind to content and meaning.

Storing urine and heating it to create the philosopher's stone was a technique channeled by Cosmic Awareness, who the Cs said was "dizinformatzia."

When I wrote the CHANNEL WATCH thread about Cosmic Awareness Communications (http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,2531.msg15503.html#msg15503), I could have sworn that I'd mentioned that source's 1994 discussion of the Philosopher's Stone, and that is was basically urine aged until it hardened. A search suggests that I failed to include that bit.

Anyway, Giray, I suggest that you read the Cosmic Awareness information/recipe and compare to see how similar they are, and let us know if it's the same thing. A web search on "Cosmic Awareness"+urine will give you all the links you need. Here's one: _http://www.slideshare.net/cosmicchannelings/cosmic-awareness-sr013-how-to-make-the-philosophers-stone-the-secret-of-alchemy-which-can-turn-lead-into-gold-or-an-elixir-of-life-which-reverses-aging

Also, I suggest to try a more general web search on "philosopher's stone"+urine to see if the recipe is replicated in other places, as well. It might be interesting to see how common this notion is and maybe discover where it comes from. Though, it's not something I'd spend a ton of time on.

So, what you're telling me is that I can't simply cook my urine to reach Enlightenment and immortality?

i'm started studying actually steiner
this is ahrimanic information who tend to focus on materal (urine) only

anart said:

The point is that it IS a metaphor.

g said:

You are missing the entire point of what Alchemy is. Alchemy is an internal process of fusing an internal and immortal I - of creating gold from the lead of mechanical human existence. As long as you are eternally distracted by form, you will always be blind to content and meaning.

This has also been my experience.

Back
Top Bottom