The Book of Aquarius - Alchemy and The Philosophers' Stone

I've been intimately involved with alchemy for the past 13 years. By intimate I don't mean just holding an interest and reading about it. I received formal tuition in a traditional path of alchemy, and learned both the inner way and the outer (lab) way. It quickly became my primary focus, and remains so; being responsible now for the education of others in this path, as I once was, it is very important to be able to identify bad information about alchemy, because so much of it has flooded into the mainstream.

I spend a surprisingly large amount of time and effort discovering and attempting to correcting erroneous and contradicting ideas that people have acquired regarding this Art. Against this is a seemingly endless supply of alchemy 'experts' in the media, most of whom don't even know what the basic alchemical principles are. A couple of good examples are Jay Weidner and the anonymous 'Author' of the Book of Aquarius.

In this post will present my own findings on the Book of Aquarius, and state some opinions regarding the effort surrounding it. These are my own views based on my knowledge and experience with alchemy, and time spent investigating the BoA research and its community first-hand.

The author of the Book of Aquarius admittedly has no education in alchemy from anyone with training in a surviving tradition, or even anyone with experience at all. He admittedly has no solid understanding of the underlying principles of alchemy or the inner work. Moreover, he makes no room for the consideration of the inner (spiritual) processes of alchemy, and deems it out of scope on the basis that the ancient authors of treatises anterior to the 17th century did not write about the inner work. The absence of (publicly known) writings on this subject, when we consider the secrecy of the Rosicrucian alchemists, makes perfect sense.

What we are looking at with the Book of Aquarius is (at best) an open-source research project to test the theories of an anachronistic experimenter. The method he provides creates a number of problems that do not produce the expected stages or phenomenon that the lab work should. The most obvious one is the abrupt calcination of carefully obtained organic material; while he is careful to distill it at low temperature to preserve the life force at one stage, he has no problem calcinating it at high temperature in the next, rendering it into a mineral salt (ammonium sodium phosphate). This mixture of methods for working in the animal path and the mineral path are the result of the Author's cut-and-paste recipe. His entire plan was cherry picked from a number of quotes and tracts from various alchemical manuscripts. How can this be taken seriously?

The other main problem is the stated intent; to give the philosopher's stone freely to the entire world. Even if it were possible to confect the Stone using the BoA method, doing this would cause, as Paracelsus said in his time, the corruption and collapse of human society. There are very good reasons why dangerous knowledge is protected from all but those who are properly trained and prepared to handle it responsibly - this is true for alchemy as well as modern chemistry, military intelligence, and even sex education. Its just common sense. Such precautions are thrown to the wind, as the Author discards this aspect of the tradition while rigorously preserving others.

At one point in the book, the Author states that bringing about an intentional collapse of human civilization is part of the plan for the Book of Aquarius see section 9. To collapse the current civilization with the presumption that you will usher in a new Golden Age (cycle of Ages be damned) and do it all by giving everyone a magic pill, is to assume that humanity as a collective organism is not capable of making its own improvements; that everyone has asked for your help, or is not where they should be in their learning processes.

I could point out more red flags than these, but my point is, the entire program is highly suspect from a traditional alchemy point of view, and is not capable of delivering its intended result from a conventional point of view, if the PTB and basic human behavior are to be taken into account.

If I were to look at the BoA as a possible cointelpro operation, it fits the description perfectly in my opinion. It is doing to the tradition of alchemy what 'The Secret' did to occult practice in general - provide an opportunity for learned helplessness when things don't work, and encourage a selfish motive for esoteric study. Alchemy is not intended to make vulgar people into wealthy immortals, it is a process for spiritual attainment.

In terms of who supports it - would you think there is any cointelpro involved if you were to learn that suspicious characters like Jirka Rysavy are financing BoA research, and alchemists are being brought into contact with himself and Jay Weidner? This is indeed happening, and certainly adds weight to the idea that there is cointelpro at work here. Perhaps someone with more experience with Jirka/Weidner projects can shed some light on this?

galleon said:
I've been intimately involved with alchemy for the past 13 years.[...] being responsible now for the education of others in this path,

g said:
Against this is a seemingly endless supply of alchemy 'experts' in the media, most of whom don't even know what the basic alchemical principles are.

With your vast experience, certainly you've come to realize that any 'expert in Alchemy' worth his salt wouldn't post on an internet forum that he's an expert in Alchemy. ;)

anart said:
With your vast experience, certainly you've come to realize that any 'expert in Alchemy' worth his salt wouldn't post on an internet forum that he's an expert in Alchemy. ;)

There are in fact publicly known figures who do proclaim that they are experts on alchemy; one of them I alluded to and named in my post was Jay Weidner.

What I got from your response however, was a classic ad-hominem fallacy. Just to be clear, I never claimed the title of expert or any title at all, actually; I stated my years spent training and instructing a discipline - which for any intelligent person is quite within their capacity to achieve in that amount of time.

Now.. if you have knowledge and experience of something, and in light of that, have a reason to point something out within that field (and it happens to be on the internet), then you almost invariably end up receiving one of two common retaliatory or shut-down attacks, both of which are common logical fallacies:

1) Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument

2) Appeal to authority is committed when the person in question is not a legitimate authority on the subject. More formally, if person A is not qualified to make reliable claims in subject S, then the argument will be fallacious.

In other words, either I state my experience before making a claim or observation and receive an ad-hominem attack, or I don't present any grounds for experience before making a claim or observation, and am brow-beaten for speaking on a subject I allegedly have no authority to speak on.

Which would you choose? :) On the internet, people love to shut each other down with irrational arguments than engage in the point of conversation. I'm finding things to be not different here than anywhere else, and that's fine.

You have not responded to any of the actual the points I raised about the Book of Aquarius at all. If you would care to do so, I'd be happy to discuss. If not, then with all due respect, I'd like to ask you to either clarify your comment further in case I perceived you wrongly, or please refrain from derailing the subject of the thread with common fallacies.

galleon said:
What I got from your response however, was a classic ad-hominem fallacy. Just to be clear, I never claimed the title of expert or any title at all, actually; I stated my years spent training and instructing a discipline - which for any intelligent person is quite within their capacity to achieve in that amount of time.

Not an attack at all - you clearly stated:

g said:
I've been intimately involved with alchemy for the past 13 years.[...] being responsible now for the education of others in this path,

Which means you're an expert, correct? Or are you teaching from a position of ignorance?

g said:
Which would you choose? :)

Neither because the 'attack' you perceive is not happening, though your self-importance thinks it is. All that is happening is a pointing out of the fact that you claim to be an expert in alchemy while, in the same paragraph, making fun of people claiming to be experts in alchemy.

Quite frankly, galleon, I've never known a true adept in alchemy to ever - ever - claim to be one to strangers, and certainly not on a public forum on the internet. 'Puffers', however, do it all the time. The reason for that is very clear, if one has a certain level of understanding. I think it would be a great idea for you to re-read the forum guidelines to get a good idea of what it is we do here and whether or not this forum is a good fit for you, because you may be more comfortable elsewhere.

galleon said:
anart said:

There are in fact publicly known figures who do proclaim that they are experts on alchemy; one of them I alluded to and named in my post was Jay Weidner.

Yes, and on this forum that name is pretty much a joke. But if you want to join in the ranks of disinfo artists like Weidner, feel free...

anart said:
Quite frankly, galleon, I've never known a true adept in alchemy to ever - ever - claim to be one to strangers, and certainly not on a public forum on the internet. 'Puffers', however, do it all the time. The reason for that is very clear, if one has a certain level of understanding. I think it would be a great idea for you to re-read the forum guidelines to get a good idea of what it is we do here and whether or not this forum is a good fit for you, because you may be more comfortable elsewhere.

If you had read the rest of what I presented in my post, you might realize that I was talking about the Book of Aquarius, and sharing some information about it from a practical perspective, the phenomenon it is creating as an open-source effort, and certain people who have gotten involved in it at a financial level.

My intent was to provide some actual substance for considering the BoA as a possible cointelpro vector, not to engage in arguments that can't provide a productive outcome. The only point in saying anything about alchemy here was for the benefit of those who are considering alchemy as a study, and are trying to get a feel for what they might be getting themselves into should they throw in with the BoA effort.

As I stated, I chose one of two routes to go in presenting this information, and posted it. I'm fine with the ad hominem attack, which you continue to press forward, while attempting to put more words in my mouth. I see this kind of aggressive stance not just here, but towards others whose threads I have read on the forum. This discourages any meaningful inquiry on the actual subject matter, but there is probably enough to go on in my post without me needing to elaborate.

Good day to you.

I think the problem is, galleon, that nobody on this forum is particularly interested in alchemy in the terms you understand it. The forum is set up for "Fourth Way" type work on the self and related research, and the interest in esoteric texts such as you describe is about zero. What's more, we simply do not want to attract or host anything along that line for these reasons. So, either you are here to do Fourth Way work and related research according to the design of the forum or not. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom